The "Things I Will Never Understand" Thread

Principled Man

How we let imbeciles run this country with no regard to the true needs of electorate.

They're rampant in both parties. Screw the Trumpublican/Neoliberal oligarchy.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-republicans-have-nothing-but-bad-ideas-and-democrats-have-no-ideas-lewis-black-2-80-20.jpg

• Like 3

I´ll go with a silly one and a serious one:

1) Sporting mullets in this day and age;

2) Why is it that a refugee gets permanent resident status in Canada, while I need to go through a lengthy process and provide a myriad of documents just to be CONSIDERED for permanent residency, with no guarantees that it´ll be granted?

Man buns are the hipster mullet. Yuck!

• Like 2

Why people put a container with an ounce or less of the product back in the fridge. An ounce of milk. A half spoonful of jam. A quarter knife-stroke of mustard...

Apparently, I am not alone on this one...

http://www.husbandcl...e-refrigerator/

A lady's husband left this in the fridge...

http://www.husbandclothes.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/salsa-container.jpg

Prompting her to post this...

"I don’t understand why this was in the refrigerator. It’s empty. It’s dirty. The garbage can is right beside the refrigerator. In fact, putting it in the trash would have been EASIER, because then no need to even open a fridge door, just throw in trash..."

Could it be that:

1) When you insist on putting empty things in the fridge, it involves some type of trick you are playing? Kind of like: “I’m going to play a trick on people and make them think there’s salsa in here! They’ll never know the container is empty! hahahah!” ???

2) Putting empty things in the fridge stem from feelings of rebellion? I’m saying thoughts along the lines of: “I will show that biotch girlfriend of mine who’s in charge. I’ll put this d&^%# empty salsa container upside down in the fridge. That’ll show her to try to boss ME around.”

Anything of this nature? Sorry, if I seem really off target, it’s because I truly don’t get it. But I’m kind of interested in learning.

:LOL:

You laugh, but I know someone who does that. They leave something empty or with a teaspoon of stuff left. Why? Because they are too lazy to either wash or dispose of it. Sad, but true.

• Like 1

Things I will never understand.....

Why someone in this day and age would start using a drug like Heroin, Cocaine or Meth.

Why so many beautiful women choose to be with men who treat them horribly.

Why people who insist on driving 10 miles lower than the speed limit, choose to do so in the fast lane.

Why two cars being driven at the same rate of speed ride next to each other instead of one behind the other.

Why someone would listen to the Red Hot Chile Peppers.

How Will Ferrell became such a huge mega star.

...........I could fill a book.

• Like 2

How good quality fast food like In N Out costs more than a McDonalds burger.

Why is this hard to understand?

I don't know what an In N Out is but when I go to Five Guys I pay 12 dollars for a cheeseburger and fries which is twice what I would pay for those things at a McDonalds or Burger King. But when I eat it, I know where that other 6 dollars goes.
  • Like 2

I don't know what an In N Out is but when I go to Five Guys I pay 12 dollars for a cheeseburger and fries which is twice what I would pay for those things at a McDonalds or Burger King. But when I eat it, I know where that other 6 dollars goes.

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/wcj-innout-0310.jpg?w=620

The thing I don't understand is why everyone raves about In and Out burger.

• Like 1

http://www.eastbaytimes.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/wcj-innout-0310.jpg?w=620

We don't have them around here. But 5 Guys is great. You can watch them cut the potatoes and the patties are made from fresh ground beef. Very fattening and terrible for you but delicious.
  • Like 2

We don't have them around here. But 5 Guys is great. You can watch them cut the potatoes and the patties are made from fresh ground beef. Very fattening and terrible for you but delicious.

We have five guys here as well and it's much better than In and Out. (IMO) I like Five Guys a lot.
  • Like 3

And while we're on the subject, Mcdonalds for that matter. I'm amazed that place does so well.

• Like 1

Why do some people drive so irresponsibly? I saw three vehicles go through red lights this morning. And the light was already red when they approached it, and they went through it anyway. That's very dangerous. We have so many accidents out here - bad ones - a lot of rollovers - and that is primarily the cause - someone running a red light. Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

...the kind of banal crap that gets played on the radio these days.

Yes, feel free to remove the 'b' from banal...the statement still makes sense.

Why do some people drive so irresponsibly? I saw three vehicles go through red lights this morning. And the light was already red when they approached it, and they went through it anyway. That's very dangerous. We have so many accidents out here - bad ones - a lot of rollovers - and that is primarily the cause - someone running a red light.

It's because everyone is looking down at their phones all the time now. Can't even keep their eyes up long enough to make a routine trip in the car anymore. You're sitting around doing nothing then fine bury your face in it all you want. But behind the wheel is not the time to check and see if someone liked your post on facebook.

• Like 1

We have five guys here as well and it's much better than In and Out. (IMO) I like Five Guys a lot.

I don't care for Five Guys but Culver's wins the burger war to me. In and Out is okay but they're kind of generic.

Culver's mushroom and swiss.

web-butter-burger-mushroom-swiss-double-2.jpg

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

I've tried watching Will Ferrell movies with friends before. They laughed their asses off while I looked like this:

http://i.axs.com/2016/01/promoted-media-optimized_569dd4a8901a0.png

I had the same expression the first time I saw him decades ago on SNL doing that crappy cheerleader gag.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

And while we're on the subject, Mcdonalds for that matter. I'm amazed that place does so well.

Its cheap.

I find it grotesque. I haven't eaten at a Mcdonalds in 20 years.

• Like 2

I've tried watching Will Ferrell movies with friends before. They laughed their asses off while I looked like this:

http://i.axs.com/2016/01/promoted-media-optimized_569dd4a8901a0.png

I had the same expression the first time I saw him decades ago on SNL doing that crappy cheerleader gag.

The least funny guy on the planet.
  • Like 1

I don't care for Five Guys but Culver's wins the burger war to me. In and Out is okay but they're kind of generic.

That looks wonderful.

But really, you don't like 5 guys? Not even their fries?

Why do some people drive so irresponsibly? I saw three vehicles go through red lights this morning. And the light was already red when they approached it, and they went through it anyway. That's very dangerous. We have so many accidents out here - bad ones - a lot of rollovers - and that is primarily the cause - someone running a red light.

Yeah one of the chapters in my book is going to cover driving.

Motorcyclists who ride wheelies for a quarter mile up the freeway.

Insane tailgating at highway speeds.

Scared people trying to drive 45 mph on a highway with a posted 65 mph speed limit.

Something about the inside of a vehicle that causes the IQ to be instantly be cut in half.

• Like 1

That looks wonderful.

But really, you don't like 5 guys? Not even their fries?

Yeah the fries are OK, it's just that the hamburgers are very generic and not much better and remind me of round Wendy's.