Alternate Rush Album Covers

Tick

http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/8bf5e6655535aae0ee95450f4dac4c65.jpg
  • Like 9

I remember that this was suppose to be the original album cover to Permanent Waves

permamnet-waves-spread-3-2015-billboard-510-510x502.jpg

Was it, really?

Cool, I've never seen that before.

I was about to say that's a lot more esoteric than the one they used...but maybe it's not. Maybe it's the opposite.

• Like 1

I remember that this was suppose to be the original album cover to Permanent Waves

thank god they didn't use that..it's boring as f**k.
  • Like 2

and they chose a hot chick instead
  • Like 2

The idea was they were going to use the band members' actual heart rate graphs after they've been playing for a while.. Something like that.

Edited by MMCXII

The idea was they were going to use the band members' actual heart rate graphs after they've been playing for a while.. Something like that.

A horrible idea.
  • Like 1

Permanent Waves cover with original title:

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w47/msspielm1/PhotoScan_zpsnkozaauu.jpg

• Like 1

Damn, I thought I could re-energize the Permanent Waves debate with that. Oh well, there's 15 minutes of my life wasted...
  • Like 1

They goofed not having Hugh Syme's intended art work on the cover of Snakes and relegated to the inside for that ugly mess Neil favored instead. My least favorite Rush cover

Which exactly was the original Hugh Syme cover? The one on the first booklet page with the snake and arrow through its head? Or the two hands holding the snake and arrow? If it's the former, I'm glad they didn't use it because it looks way too cheap and corny for a Rush album cover. Not that I'm a fan of the actual cover, but it's still better than that.

They goofed not having Hugh Syme's intended art work on the cover of Snakes and relegated to the inside for that ugly mess Neil favored instead. My least favorite Rush cover

Which exactly was the original Hugh Syme cover? The one on the first booklet page with the snake and arrow through its head? Or the two hands holding the snake and arrow? If it's the former, I'm glad they didn't use it because it looks way too cheap and corny for a Rush album cover. Not that I'm a fan of the actual cover, but it's still better than that.

I'm guessing it's the one that shows a desert road with the snake, big arrows, and curvy road arrow sign.
  • Like 1