Band Dokken: Yay or Nay?

Texas King

Band Dokken: Yay or Nay?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Band Dokken: Yay or Nay?

One of those HAIR bands. Lynch is widely considered as an above-average guitarist. And I have to agree with that.

But I say to their music material: Nay

You?

http://metallian.com/metimages/dokken.jpg

Ahh come on man! I've been writing threads about DOKKEN on here for years!

One of the greatest bands ever. They are shit now.

George Lynch is one of the greatest guitar players in the world.

Seen him, met him.

Met Don too. Great guy. His voice is shot.

Ummm

Really?

"Back For The Attack" is in my TOP TEN.

• Like 2

One of those HAIR bands. Lynch is widely considered as an above-average guitarist. And I have to agree with that.

You?

Seen him, met him.

Ummm

Really?

Nightwish are better.

;)

Edited by Segue Myles

You?

Seen him, met him.

Ummm

Really?

Interesting that you say he's a great guy, he didn't have the best rep back then.

Lynch is "above average?" He nearly got the Ozzy gig but was beat out by Randy Rhoads. He's an amazing guitar player. Dokken either recorded or was going to record the Blackout album when Klaus Meine had vocal problems. Meine recovered so Dokken didn't end up on the album.

Tooth and Nail is a great album.

• Like 5

Lynch is "above average?" He nearly got the Ozzy gig but was beat out by Randy Rhoads. He's an amazing guitar player. Dokken either recorded or was going to record the Blackout album when Klaus Meine had vocal problems. Meine recovered so Dokken didn't end up on the album.

Tooth and Nail is a great album.

Lynch is good, just don't like their songs. Don would have ruined a classic album if he sang on blackout. Thank god klaus got better.

Dokken are killer

Love the vocals, hooks, energy, power

Amazing and really consistent

My favourite thing Earl ever introduced me too!

Foreigner with bigger balls!

• Like 3

Burning Like a Flame was my favorite song for a bit when I was 13 in 1987. Still a solid tune.

Heaven Sent is probably their hit that has aged the best for me. That is still a really good song with a nice vibe.

Overall, I can count on one hand the number of Dokken songs I like at all.

I still love that song. I voted YAY.

• Like 3

Burning Like a Flame was my favorite song for a bit when I was 13 in 1987. Still a solid tune.

Heaven Sent is probably their hit that has aged the best for me. That is still a really good song with a nice vibe.

Overall, I can count on one hand the number of Dokken songs I like at all.

I still love that song. I voted YAY.

You ROCK!

ROKKEN WITH DOKKEN!

ALWAYS!

• Like 3

Amazing guitarist, great vocals. Good lyrics. Hell yes!!!

Breaking the Chains (their first album) had a great title track. Not much else, but what a title track.

Their 2nd album, Tooth & Nail, is amazing. Into the Fire, You Just Got Luck, Alone Again were the big hits and they are wonderful songs. Love them still. If they come on the car radio hey get cranked up. But it not just them. The entire album is full of very good songs.

Their 3rd album, Under Lock & Key, is not at the same level as Tooth and Nail but its still amazing. The Hunter is my favorite song off the album. But again, the album is full of very good songs. But, like I said, not at the same level as Tooth & Nail.

Their 4th album, Back for the Attack, is also very good. Again full of good songs but I prefer both of the 2 albums that came before it. Still its darn good.

• Like 3

I can tolerate them. If I am out somewhere and one of their hits starts playing I will more than likely sing along but I have never been a huge fan or anything. They were good when I saw them open for Alice Cooper in 1997.

They did a great theme song for NOES 3 which is the best of the sequels. However, I prefer Alice Coopers Jason theme song from a year before for a biased reason since I’m team Jason.

Also the best sequel in THAT horror series.

HQFr.gif

I don't like either series but Dokken pushes Kruger's series into the winner's circle for me.

I've liked "Dokken". I decided by voting for "Yay", and "Yes". From the c.ds, and albums "Breaking the Chains" to "Back For the Attack", they were good, and classics. Edited by Derek19
  • Like 1

They did a great theme song for NOES 3 which is the best of the sequels. However, I prefer Alice Coopers Jason theme song from a year before for a biased reason since I’m team Jason.

HQFr.gif

Tough call between whether I like Dream Warriors or He's Back better. But Freddy is much better than Jason and Cooper is on a completely different level than Dokken.

• Like 1

HQFr.gif

Tough call between whether I like Dream Warriors or He's Back better. But Freddy is much better than Jason and Cooper is on a completely different level than Dokken.

Try this 2017 Lynch performance: