Safari 10 and Flash

blueschica

I'm hoping one of you TRFers can help me! We had to get a new (actually refurbished, due to the circumstances) computer because our old one got blown out last week when the backyard got struck by lightning. It's what we had before, a Mac mini, but apparently it has an updated operating system, Sierra, and browser, Safari 10, that doesn't like Flash.

At first Flash wasn't even on it, so when videos people put up here were up, it said "plug in not supported." So I installed Flash from the Adobe site and followed their Safari 10 directions, etc etc but I still can't see anything, just a big white space. Any suggestions? Or is there a way to go back to an older version of Safari or something?

OK, I downloaded Firefox and everything video works in that, so I guess I can use it instead, but Firefox keeps giving me error messages that I have never received before saying that the log in for TRF is not secure so do not use a password that can be copied and used anywhere else. What?? This new stuff is driving me nuts. Has anyone else ever gotten this message?

I was under the impression that due to a dispute at the highest levels of both companies Apple decided to not support flash a long time ago. I also am under the impression that flash is a dying plug in.
  • Like 1

Have fun with your new mini. Wish I would have known. I have a current model Mac Mini for sale!

Thanks! Shoot, I wish I had known that! Hopefully our new set up will keep this one from getting fried from any more lightning strikes. We didn't lose anything important, but it was a big pain. Everything is very easy to reach and unplug!