10 Actors Who May Be the Next James Bond

JohnnyBlaze

The Next 007?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Who would make the best James Bond actor?

• Tom Hardy
    • Tom Hiddleston
    • Damien Lewis
    • Idris Elba
    • Hugh Jackman
    • Henry Cavill
    • Michael Fassbender
    • Ryan Gosling
    • James Norton
    • Aidan Turner
    • (Other)
  2. 2. And what of Daniel Craig?

• I'd rather have him return than break in any of those 10 listed or someone else.
    • I wouldn't mind a different Bond actor. No hard feelings Craig.
    • Get rid of him!
    • I don't care either way.

http://statics.pen-online.jp/image/upload/news/007-madame-tussauds/007-madame-tussauds_NhVEQ4A.jpg

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/actors-who-could-be-next-james-bond.html/

For those too lazy to read the article, every name listed in the poll is in the article.

Who's the best choice? Who's the worst? Are there multiple actors that would be good? Is there someone else not listed who would be better than those 10? What about Daniel Craig?

Discuss.

:blaze:

Easy choice for me: Fassbender. He looks like he can beat someone barehanded, use firearms, pick up spy babes, and use computer tech. Additionally, he's always believable in his roles (even if all his movies aren't good). As a bonus, I think he's at a good Bond age (40) but can pass as mid-30s if the script needs him to be.

Jackman's nearly 50 so it's a bit late for him.

Tom Hardy is more like a effective brawler than a spy. I like him, just not as Bond.

Tom Hiddleston can pass as smart and capable of seducing some Bond girls but just doesn't seem tough enough for a hand to hand fight.

Gosling would be the absolute worst choice. He looks more like a back-stabbing CIA operative who I'd have Fassbender Bond beat the crap out of somewhere in the flick!

Not sure I've even seen Norton or Turner in anything. If I have, they haven't left any impression on me.

• Like 2

No Benedict Cumberbatch? Tom Hiddleston? No. Jude Law? :P

Hiddleston's on the list...which isn't my creation.

I never would've thought of Cumberbatch or Law.

I don't mind any of those guys really but none of them are tough enough...is that lack of toughness what you were implying? :unsure:

Gosling? An American should never play bond IMO. That's why we have stuff like Jason Bourne, jack Ryan, 24, etc.

I'm not sure I care if it's an American as long as he can pull off the accent.

I have a problem with it being specifically Gosling! :LOL:

• Like 1

Gosling? An American should never play bond IMO. That's why we have stuff like Jason Bourne, jack Ryan, 24, etc.

The whining from the U.K would be nonstop. I don't think I've ever heard anyone there agree than an American pulled off the accent. It would be worth it to just not hear that.

• Like 1

The whining from the U.K would be nonstop. I don't think I've ever heard anyone there agree than an American pulled off the accent. It would be worth it to just not hear that.

I understand...but screw it.

Brits portrayed Superman and Batman. In fiction, those two characters are as American as you can get. Both characters are over two decades older than Bond. And both were depicted in films before Bond too. Sooooo if Yanks can/learn to deal with two Brits playing those two American icons, Brits can deal with an American playing Bond.

((Though I don't think that'll actually happen anytime soon.)) :LOL:

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

I understand...but screw it.

Brits portrayed Superman and Batman. In fiction, those two characters are as American as you can get. Both characters are over two decades older than Bond. And both were depicted in films before Bond too. Sooooo if Yanks can/learn to deal with two Brits playing those two American icons, Brits can deal with an American playing Bond.

((Though I don't think that'll actually happen anytime soon.)) :LOL:

It's funny that I don't think it's as big a deal here to most people. Damian Lewis did a great job playing one of the most American characters possible in band of brothers. I picked him for bond although I think Craig is better than any on the list.

• Like 2

In the Buffy / Angel TV shows, I was very impressed with the English accents of both James Marsters and Alexis Denisof. They're among the best I've come across.

As for Bond, we've already had an Australian Bond, so why not an American

• Like 1

At 81, is Woody Allen too old ?

Well, it's 50 years since he was last in Bond

59b16d409e151aa2ada7a0eeeeeeb743.jpg

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 2

I don't mind any of those guys really but none of them are tough enough...is that lack of toughness what you were implying? :unsure:

No. I was saying no to Tom Hiddleston. He's too much of a lightweight. The other two were suggested in jest.

• Like 1

No. I was saying no to Tom Hiddleston. He's too much of a lightweight. The other two were suggested in jest.

Hiddleston could single handedly kill the Bond franchise. He's such a wimp the PC brigade would think they'd finally got their gay Bond!

• Like 1

Fassbender & Aidan Turner are Irish (Jackman is Australian and too old & Gosling Canadian (!!!)). A Scottish Bond is great, an English Bond is perfect, but I would really dislike any other accent on a James Bond actor. My vote is for Henry Cavill. Maybe we can get him away from the Superman role this way and kill two birds with one stone. Edited by diatribein