Your most fave hard rock record from the 80's?

Texas King

Fair Warning or RATT Invasion Of Your Privacy. When I saw Stephen Pearcy in Santa Rosa a month ago I was wearing a Ratt Invasion tee. When I met Peary he said to me "nice shirt." Very cool CATT. I love RATT!

If it's the one with the girl/album cover...I wore mine all the time in high school. (still have it) Doubt they would allow it these days.

Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg

I'm beginning to get the feeling you don't believe in separating hard rock from metal, lol.

They belong with each other, I agree.

• Like 1

Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg

I'm beginning to get the feeling you don't believe in separating hard rock from metal, lol.

I hesitated with Killers, but I think metal is a branch of hard rock .. And TK listed Blackout in his original post, so I figured . . .

If metal is excluded here, I'm gonna give this some more thought

Edited by Lucas

Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg

Don't be so precious....

Fair Warning or RATT Invasion Of Your Privacy. When I saw Stephen Pearcy in Santa Rosa a month ago I was wearing a Ratt Invasion tee. When I met Peary he said to me "nice shirt." Very cool CATT. I love RATT!

I was going to mention this one, but I thought I would get stoned for it.

Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg

I hesitated with Killers, but I think metal is a branch of hard rock .. And TK listed Blackout in his original post, so I figured . . .

I've never understood the distinction, to be honest. Is there really a cognizable difference between Hell's Bells and Run to the HIlls? Between Unchained and You've Got Another Thing Coming?

• Like 2

Since I'm an artist, I had to mention this. The cover art for Fair Warning was borrowed from a painting called The Maze by the Canadian artist William Kurelek. The image was cropped and modified so the band wouldn't get sued.
  • Like 1

Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg

I've never understood the distinction, to be honest. Is there really a cognizable difference between Hell's Bells and Run to the HIlls? Between Unchained and You've Got Another Thing Coming?

I think that speed is the issue for me. Maiden had a punk feel to them early on, whereas AC/DC was more bluesy. That what separates metal from hard rock, for me anyway.

Also, lyrical themes.

From that era..

Metal - Accept, Maiden , Priest

Hard Rock- Van Halen, AC/DC, Ratt/Motley/ leopard

Edited by Xanadoood

Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg

I think that speed is the issue for me. Maiden had a punk feel to them early on, whereas AC/DC was more bluesy. That what separates metal from hard rock, for me anyway.

Also, lyrical themes.

From that era..

Metal - Accept, Maiden , Priest

Hard Rock- Van Halen, AC/DC, Ratt/Motley/ leopard

The funny thing is when I first heard Balls to the Wall, I thought it was a new AC/DC song, even that title is AC/DCish.