A Conversation About Road Rage...

Tick

I'll be honest, I can be a bit angry at times, short tempered, and lack patience and tolerance for blatant stupidity, BUT nothing infuriates me more than people driving reckless, or texting and driving.

Road rage is something I feel at times due to the utter selfishness of many drivers on the roads today. Its worse than I ever remember it being in my lifetime.

Not many things in life piss me off more than someone weaving in and out of lanes at 90 miles an hour narrowly missing other cars. Its so reckless and selfish I can't take it. That and people texting and driving make my blood boil. Its a horrible thing to say and my wife gets SO pissed off when I say to her after I see a car driving that aggressive...

"Man I hope I see that car crashed into a guardrail at some point up ahead. I'll laugh at them and it will be awesome"

She HATES when I say shit like that. She always responds with something like, "please don't say things like that, its not right!"

My response is usually... "f**k um"

• Like 2

I can't stand the dullards that camp in the left passing lanes.

In a few states that's illegal but so is speeding, talking on your phone, drinking and driving, yet people continue to do all those things and more. I'm not adverse to flashing my high beams at them to get their attention. They usually pull over at that point but often get right back in the lane after I pass. Too bad we can't use the P.I.T. maneuver on them.

• Like 2

It's not going to go away anytime soon. This country is about to blow. I doubt if we will make it through the summer.

Pains me to say it, but maybe it needs to blow.

We have one half of the country who wants it to go in one direction, and the other half who feels the opposite.

Perhaps we need to become two different countries.

• Like 3

Seriously I swear living in Oklahoma has taught me patience. I rarely think of myself as being in a rush to get anywhere. I take my time and let others just do what they want.

It's not going to go away anytime soon. This country is about to blow. I doubt if we will make it through the summer.

We have one half of the country who wants it to go in one direction, and the other half who feels the opposite.

It does need to blow up, and I've thought of the same thing. We can no longer live together. Our days of compromising are over. I'm all for splitting the country if such a thing were possible.

• Like 2

It does need to blow up, and I've thought of the same thing. We can no longer live together. Our days of compromising are over. I'm all for splitting the country if such a thing were possible.

No!

Splitting the country up is wronger, dunder head.

I better never see you on the road!

• Like 2

It's a real shame. We SHOULD be able to meet in the middle.

No!

Oh, but I'm polite on the road ! :)

I've never understood road rage at all...don't get me wrong, I'm appalled at the often moronic behaviour of some motorists I'm forced to share the roads with, but the way I see it, the only persons reactions I can control are mine...that's why I give others a wide berth and drive defensively (not hesitantly), and never react to others stupidity, no matter how annoying I find it.

My brother is very prone to road rage, and it has got to the stage that my Mother will not get into the car with him if she can get a lift from me.

• Like 5

I've never understood road rage at all...don't get me wrong, I'm appalled at the often moronic behaviour of some motorists I'm forced to share the roads with, but the way I see it, the only persons reactions I can control are mine...that's why I give others a wide berth and drive defensively (not hesitantly), and never react to others stupidity, no matter how annoying I find it.

My brother is very prone to road rage, and it has got to the stage that my Mother will not get into the car with him if she can get a lift from me.

Your better than me Fridge. When I see someone weaving in and out of traffic, I get ripping pissed off. As I said in my post, I always say, I hope to see them crashed into the guardrail up ahead so they can't pull that shit anymore.

• Like 2

I get pissed, but I keep it in check.

• Like 1

No!

No quarter! :madra:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 1

No!

No quarter! :madra:

I apologize. Zelix wouldn't like all this squabbling.

• Like 1

I live in NJ and the drivers on the Garden State Parkway SUCK. They zigzag down the road with no regard to life.

I had road rage once and that was enough, and I'll never get involved with another driver again.

I used to get upset but not anymore. It's a symptom of all the pressure everyone is under with how our civilization is set up IMO. I also learned that, while you have a chance to coach kids and help them establish a positive pattern of behavior, adults are what they are and no amount of punishment in the roadways is going to change them. Edited by Ancient Ways

The rage comes from the selfish need to control everything and everybody, and especially from the inability to make everyone comply.

If I get into my car with the expectation that every other motorist will drive just as well as I drive, then I'm just setting myself up for road rage. My rage is my own creation. :rage:

• Like 5

I used to do that in my Adrenalin fueled poor judgement youth. But I don't anymore due to middle aged declining testosterone.

Now I just quietly mock the speeders as I see them catch up to the next unpassable cluster of traffic or beat me to the next stoplight. Congratulations dumbass.

• Like 1

Your better than me Fridge. When I see someone weaving in and out of traffic, I get ripping pissed off. As I said in my post, I always say, I hope to see them crashed into the guardrail up ahead so they can't pull that shit anymore.

I do the same thing I just always add that when they go, I hope they don't take some innocent victims with them.
  • Like 3