A Conversation About Road Rage...

Tick

I can't stand the dullards that camp in the left passing lanes.

This is usually the source of my hypertension.

I come to a 4-way stop, the other driver clearly has the right of way, and she sits there (it's usually a she), waiting for me to go......... :rage: :rage:

I just sit there and stare at her, and then I yell GO!!

• Like 1

As stated previously it all starts with the left lane. Those absolute idiots who feel they have the right to sit in the passing lane just because they are doing the speed limit. It is called the passing lane for a reason. When that happens people get pissed off and that is when you see the speeding and weaving in and out of lanes.
  • Like 2

In the NYC Metropolitan area people are wired to automatically think they are in a hurry soon as they start the car. I no longer feel like I have to get somewhere before everybody else.

I'm much happier for that. I just ignore the fools.

• Like 1

As stated previously it all starts with the left lane. Those absolute idiots who feel they have the right to sit in the passing lane just because they are doing the speed limit. It is called the passing lane for a reason. When that happens people get pissed off and that is when you see the speeding and weaving in and out of lanes.

German drivers have it down. On the open highway, you stay right except when passing. Then, you move left, quickly pass and quickly get back over. No one passes on the right, as it is illegal. And no one seems to feel compelled to regulate another driver's speed by blocking the left lane. You want to go 150mph? Go ahead.
  • Like 4

Just saw this today and was thoroughly sickened.

I don't care if you kill yourself due to your own stupidity, just don't take anyone else with you, f*cknuts.

Looks like the motorcycle guy just took off, sadly.

-sigh-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No7v2ps6ukI

ps: how bored/blase does that guy sound when he says "call 911"? :o Are these kinds of instances commonplace in California?

• Like 1

I don't care if you kill yourself due to your own stupidity, just don't take anyone else with you, f*cknuts.

-sigh-

ps: how bored/blase does that guy sound when he says "call 911"? :o Are these kinds of instances commonplace in California?

That's the 14 freeway, north of the San Fernando Valley in Southern CA. I have to take that road for rehearsals from time to time. High winds are bad enough without that kind of sh*t going down.

• Like 2

-sigh-

oops, obviously didn't see original video post. my bad.

:beathorse:

I m based in Europe at the moment, and the driving I witness at times is just insane. Actually where I am has a higher mortality rate per 100,000 miles than north korea or something, seriously its insane. Worst in Europe.

I'm used to the polite driving in the U.K., who are second after Sweden I believe for road mortality rates, in Europe.

What upsets me about reckless driving here, is that the people who decide to drive recklessly, (and it is their decision), do so putting others, innocent lives at risk.

Fair enough you choose to take chances, drive reckless on the phone et cetera, but don't put children and others peoples lives at risk which they always do. Seems kinda selfish.

Edited by condemned2bfree
  • Like 2

-sigh-

oops, obviously didn't see original video post. my bad.

:beathorse:

I saw a fairly gross number of facebook commenters defending the bikers right to kick cars.

They were both stupid, and it's at least good innocent people in the truck weren't killed

• Like 1

It's not going to go away anytime soon. This country is about to blow. I doubt if we will make it through the summer.

Pains me to say it, but maybe it needs to blow.

We have one half of the country who wants it to go in one direction, and the other half who feels the opposite.

Perhaps we need to become two different countries.

It does need to blow up, and I've thought of the same thing. We can no longer live together. Our days of compromising are over. I'm all for splitting the country if such a thing were possible.

It's a real shame. We SHOULD be able to meet in the middle.

Nope. Too Many people who DON'T CARE ABOUT what OTHER PEOPLE THINK. I myself am a proponent of mounting a .50 caliber weapon behind the front grill of my vehicle so I can 'remove' the idiots from this plane of existence, and take them out of contention as far as the GENE pool goes....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/sniper%20banana.gif

• Like 1

I can't stand the dullards that camp in the left passing lanes.

Yes! They must die. Move over first then die.

Thanks for the ROAR of laughter, theredtamasrule and Goose! I needed that in this thread!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20gun%20tny.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Czech republic mortality rates per 100,000 as of 2013

road_2_1.jpg

When you give ample breaking space between cars, a car will fill in that space reducing breaking distance. Okay take risks with your own lif, but not everyone elses!

roadchart_1_1.jpg

Edited by condemned2bfree

I've never understood road rage at all...don't get me wrong, I'm appalled at the often moronic behaviour of some motorists I'm forced to share the roads with, but the way I see it, the only persons reactions I can control are mine...that's why I give others a wide berth and drive defensively (not hesitantly), and never react to others stupidity, no matter how annoying I find it.

The rage comes from the selfish need to control everything and everybody, and especially from the inability to make everyone comply.

If I get into my car with the expectation that every other motorist will drive just as well as I drive, then I'm just setting myself up for road rage. My rage is my own creation. :rage:

This post is pure bullshit. Road rage can come from watching reckless assholes putting innocent people in very real danger by driving dangerously. When someone is doing 90 and weaving in and out of lanes at the smallest of margins that are putting my life in jeopardy and that pisses me the f**k off.

Selfish need to control everything? That's how you see it eh? And people actually like this post as if it makes sense? No, I'm sorry but complete and utter crap.

• Like 1

I've never understood road rage at all...don't get me wrong, I'm appalled at the often moronic behaviour of some motorists I'm forced to share the roads with, but the way I see it, the only persons reactions I can control are mine...that's why I give others a wide berth and drive defensively (not hesitantly), and never react to others stupidity, no matter how annoying I find it.

The rage comes from the selfish need to control everything and everybody, and especially from the inability to make everyone comply.

If I get into my car with the expectation that every other motorist will drive just as well as I drive, then I'm just setting myself up for road rage. My rage is my own creation. :rage:

This post is pure bullshit. Road rage can come from watching reckless assholes putting innocent people in very real danger by driving dangerously. When someone is doing 90 and weaving in and out of lanes at the smallest of margins that are putting my life in jeopardy and that pisses me the f**k off.

Selfish need to control everything? That's how you see it eh? And people actually like this post as if it makes sense? No, I'm sorry but complete and utter crap.

:facepalm:

You see it as bullshit because it puts the blame of your rage on yourself. It's never YOUR fault, is it?? It's always someone else's fault......

You see it as bullshit because it puts the blame of your rage on yourself. It's never YOUR fault, is it?? It's always someone else's fault......

No...

I see it as bullshit because its bullshit.

Face palm all you want but your post was and is pure bullshit.

Did I say bullshit enough yet?

Nah....

Bullshit!

Also, I never said I justify every time someone pisses me off while driving but plenty of times I'm justified in my anger. When someone puts my family in danger I have a right to be pissed.

Or people can just be passive pussies... your choice right?

Edited by Tick
  • Like 1

http://ci.memecdn.com/7884405.gif

One mans truth is another mans delusion.

No...

I see it as bullshit because its bullshit.

Face palm all you want but your post was and is pure bullshit.

Did I say bullshit enough yet?

Nah....

Bullshit!

Also, I never said I justify every time someone pisses me off while driving but plenty of times I'm justified in my anger. When someone puts my family in danger I have a right to be pissed.

Or people can just be passive pussies... your choice right?

So in order to NOT be a "passive pussy" you recommend being pissed off, wishing that the a-hole wreckless driver were dead thereby making one's spouse uncomfortable/worried, and possibly scream and swear from the wheel of my car at a driver I'll never see again in my life?...Unless he's caught by cops or is mangled in a wreck up the road.

The only ACTIVE thing you can do is to get the wreckless driver's license plate down and call it in to the police.

Face it, being pissed off has gotten you nothing...other than put you in a bad mood. Oh, and it's made your wife uncomfortable.

What's "passive" or "pussyish" about trying to understand rage which is what Principle Man is trying to do. He could be wrong, who knows? But I don't see the passive pussy bit one bit.

• Like 1