Lunch At Allen's - Canadian Supergroup

There's a Canadian supergroup that's been in existence since the early 2000's called 'Lunch At Allen's'.

The group members consist of Canadian icons Ian Thomas and Murray McLauchlan, along with Marc Jordan and Cindy Church.

I describe 'Lunch At Allen's' as being the 'Canadian Traveling Wilburys'.

Ian was managed by Ray Danniels in the 70's here and was later signed to Anthem Records and is part of the label's 'legacy artist roster' now.

Ian's son Jake was recently injured in a snowmobile crash this January that left him paraplegic, which he discusses in this interview here.

Marc Jordan has written songs for some major acts, which one of his crowning achievements is Rod Stewart covering 'Rhythm Of My Heart'.

The band recently toured British Columbia and got to see them live a couple of days ago and it was great.

Edited by RushFanForever
  • Like 1

I've just never heard of them before, and I'm Canadian. I consider myself musically literate and well informed.

I'm a bit taken aback by this forum at times.

It seems that members want to focus on well known acts instead of looking at lesser known talent.

Thats not necessarily true, many lesser known stuff gets thrown around. Especially the more prog style bands. But also sometimes threads get off to a slow start, hang in there

I'm a bit taken aback by this forum at times.

It seems that members want to focus on well known acts instead of looking at lesser known talent.

Thats not necessarily true, many lesser known stuff gets thrown around. Especially the more prog style bands. But also sometimes threads get off to a slow start, hang in there

This group isn't hard or prog-rock. This is singer-songwriter rock.