Red Barchetta vs. any non-Rush song in existence?

Texas King

Red Barchetta vs.any non-Rush song in existence?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Red Barchetta vs. any non-Rush song in existence?

• Red Barchetta
    • some non-Rush song(s)
    • I don't have any idea

There are quite a few songs that I feel are better than Red Barchetta. Bohemian Rhapsody, One, Knights of Cydonia, November Rain…just to name a few.

I take it Red Barchetta has been annihilating other bands' songs in these polls.

Well, it's an excellent track that likely deserved to destroy whatever dross and gunk it was pitted against.

I think it's more of a Red Barchetta vs. ________ in 6,000 different polls issue. :o

There are a lot. Not a lot compared to if you asked most songs this question, but still, a lot. Probably at least one from each of a number of bands and artists that I like.

Pointless poll.

Yes, TK. Stick to the life-changing polls you're known for!

:bacon:

More pointless? Inverted?

Just watching something on tv about classic cars and there's a 1950s Red Barchetta in it

Interesting that everyone on the show, including Italians, pronouncing it Red Bar-ketta, with a silent h. I didn't know that till now, the band pronounce the h dont they? Does it matter?

Another item of trivia, Barchetta means 'little boat' in italian. Apparently when the car was originally designed they thought it resembled a small boat, particularly as the raised line running along its length looked like the watermark on a boat.

Screw this i'm going for a game of COD

Not sure if its better but ive had Paul Mccartney's 'Listen to what the man said' in my head lately

(And now so do you :))

Pointless poll.

Most poles on TRF are useless because they contain a lot of bullshit options which prevent an acurate result.

Pointless poll.

Most poles on TRF are useless because they contain a lot of bullshit options which prevent an acurate result.

There are poles on TRF? :P

• Like 2

Just watching something on tv about classic cars and there's a 1950s Red Barchetta in it

Interesting that everyone on the show, including Italians, pronouncing it Red Bar-ketta, with a silent h. I didn't know that till now, the band pronounce the h dont they? Does it matter?

Neil noted the pronunciation of "Bar-ketta" in one of the docs.

• Like 1

Pointless poll.

There are poles on TRF? :P

Damn auto-corset

:P

• Like 1

Ok thanks. Next question being - why pronounced with the 'h' in the song then, Just because it sounds better? Is that an ok thing to do? Could it even have been a mistake? Is that the way Canadians pronounce it? I dunno, just askin :)

Once again, just being trivial, I know it doesn't really matter

• Like 2

Ok thanks. Next question being - why pronounced with the 'h' in the song then, Just because it sounds better? Is that an ok thing to do? Could it even have been a mistake? Is that the way Canadians pronounce it? I dunno, just askin :)

Once again, just being trivial, I know it doesn't really matter

For the same reason "karaoke" is incorrectly pronounced "carry-oh-kee"

Hmm ok but we've all been going around saying red bar-CHetta for 50 years when neil knew it was red bar-ketta? Just doesnt seem a rush thing to do. Western society always played around tongue-in-cheek with japanese words but with the actual definitive name of a western classic car? Dont see neil doing it, even with creative license

Listen i dont wanna keep bangin on about this, i just found out this week red barchetta pronounced red bar-ketta for real and all these decades i been pronouncing it wrong in the song. Wondered if deliberate thing by the band or mistake but inclined to think mistake now, these guys dont do karaoke.

• Like 1