Red Barchetta vs I Can't Drive 55 vs Born to Run

JohnRogers

Which is your Gear Head song?   

33 members have voted

1. 1. Red Barchetta vs I Can't Drive 55 vs Born to Run

• Red Barchetta, dystopian future with an Italian classic.
    • I Can't Drive 55, nanny state protest song with a smog era over priced super car.
    • Born to Run, love, angst, muscle cars and New Jersey traffic.
    • I can't decide, I still have made a choice.
    • Neil Peart hologram.

What is your song Gear Heads???

Red Barchetta, depicting a sci-fi dystopian future with our hero piloting an Italian classic.

I Can't Drive 55, a protest song against the most stupid decision by the nanny state since prohibition, Sammy Hagar's pearly whites, downside is a smog era overpriced Lambo.

Born to Run, love, angst, muscle cars, traffic clogged New Jersey boulevards and turnpikes.

I dig 'em all, they each have their own charm. ROCK'N ROLL and Gasoline!

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

King of Oklahoma?

I don't pay no union dues,

I smoke old stogies I have found short, but not too big around

I'm a man of means by no means, King of Oklahoma

What is your song Gear Heads???

Red Barchetta, depicting a sci-fi dystopian future with our hero piloting an Italian classic.

I Can't Drive 55, a protest song against the most stupid decision by the nanny state since prohibition, Sammy Hagar's pearly whites, downside is a smog era overpriced Lambo.

Born to Run, love, angst, muscle cars, traffic clogged New Jersey boulevards and turnpikes.

I dig 'em all, they each have their own charm. ROCK'N ROLL and Gasoline!

Very creative poll! Wow! Your new name is TexasHead666

Well done.

The Rush track works for me. Never gets old.

Not a big fan of Sammy or the Boss Of Nothing.

Born to Run here. But I would take Deep Purple's Speed King & Highway Star over all of them, any day.

Jesus! Give me "Born To Run" by Frankie Goes To Hollywood" over that Jersey Junk.

"I Speed At Night" by DIO blows all this shit away.

• Like 2

Born To Run. Springsteen created one of the best sounding albums ever with that album and that song in particular is a jewel.

And the Franky cover is not that great.

Red Barchetta is about equal in my books. Exceptional song.

Not heard the other but I feel I ought to now.

• Like 1

Bruce Springsteen is one of the most over the top ultra liberal assholes on the planet, but the man can deliver in a powerful live performance.

I will never give him a dime but I do respect his energy on stage and his talented band.

For me it goes the same for Dave Matthews. Another ultra liberal prick with no singing talent yet he has an elite band like Carter Beauford on drums.

The Cross Boss Of Nothing had Max on drums. Incredible drummer. I preferred him on Conan O'Brien, but now Max's son is on the drum kit for Bruce.

That is cool.

I may hate Bruce Springsteen but I know he is has class. Well at least in the music biz. Certainly not in politics.

As 73 would say "FUKK POLITICS!"

I will never forget when Reagan used "Born In The USA" as his walk up song to the podium. As a Reagan zeitgeist I must say that I was embarrassed. That shit song is ANTI-AMERICAN!

The Boss is a Jersey Devil. A communist bastard.

Signed,

"Glory Days"

Give me "Glory Hole" by Steel Panther any day!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

Red Barchetta, one of my top five songs by anyone. I'm in Love with My Car meets Fahrenheit 451; doesn't get any better.
  • Like 2

Barchetta. I remember many a time when I topped 100 going down 2 lane country roads while listening to this.

Dam, that sounds fun...maybe I'll do that driving home from work today.

• Like 1

7 1/2 West End Court, Long Branch NJ

The house where Bruce lived in 1974 when he wrote Born To Run

828 sq feet

Just a few hundred yards from the beach, three fans purchased the house for $280,000 in 2009 in order to save it from demolition. The house was re-listed for sale in 2013 with an asking price of $349,900.

Springsteen also wrote “Backstreets” and “Thunder Road” while living at the house. The Boss lived here in 1974-75. It was the first house he ever lived in by himself.

http://www.rockandrollgps.com/the-house-where-bruce-springsteen-wrote-born-to-run/

7-12-West-End-Court-in-Long-Branch-New-Jersey-where-Bruce-Springsteen-wrote-Born-To-Run.png

http://media.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/photo/2009/12/springsteen-housejpgjpg-478542bd31c1abd5_large.jpg

I'm not sure if it is up for sale again, but I'll call the realtor

http://www.susanmclaughlin.com/address.php?property_ID=149

• Like 1

7 1/2 West End Court, Long Branch NJ

The house where Bruce lived in 1974 when he wrote Born To Run

828 sq feet

Just a few hundred yards from the beach, three fans purchased the house for $280,000 in 2009 in order to save it from demolition. The house was re-listed for sale in 2013 with an asking price of $349,900.

Springsteen also wrote “Backstreets” and “Thunder Road” while living at the house. The Boss lived here in 1974-75. It was the first house he ever lived in by himself.

http://www.rockandrollgps.com/the-house-where-bruce-springsteen-wrote-born-to-run/

7-12-West-End-Court-in-Long-Branch-New-Jersey-where-Bruce-Springsteen-wrote-Born-To-Run.png

http://media.nj.com/ledgerupdates_impact/photo/2009/12/springsteen-housejpgjpg-478542bd31c1abd5_large.jpg

I'm not sure if it is up for sale again, but I'll call the realtor

http://www.susanmclaughlin.com/address.php?property_ID=149

I might be interested if it has an in-law suite.

• Like 1

What about all the great 60s car songs? You know them.

Of those not mentioned, Trans Am by Hagar, Freeway of Love by The Queen, East Bound and Down by The Claw, Lowrider by War and One Piece at a Time by the immortal Mr Cash.

• Like 1