Hotels gouging eclipse watchers

edhunter

Looks like hotel chains were late to realize the markup opportunities along the "line of totality" for the eclipse this summer. So they're cancelling reservations, saying there was a "computer glitch", and re-listing the rooms that were $130/night for as much as $1000/night.

Capitalism: Not for pussies

http://www.kgw.com/mb/news/investigations/hotels-canceling-reservations-for-eclipse-viewing-jacking-prices/424326842

Nearly a half dozen similar complaints about hotels cancelling reservations have been filed with the Oregon Attorney General’s Office.

So, five? Douchebag journalist.

• Like 4

This is what hotels do. Go book New Year's Eve in Times Square area.

Cancel reservations?

No, they are aware of New Year's Eve so they don't have to but yes, they cancel reservations every day because they overbook as a rule to limit vacancies. Same as airlines.

• Like 1

Cancel reservations?

No, they are aware of New Year's Eve so they don't have to but yes, they cancel reservations every day because they overbook as a rule to limit vacancies. Same as airlines.

That's understandable. But thats notnwhat happened here. To cancel hundreds of reservations because you forgot you could get a premium is bullshit. Itll be interesting to see if they face legal issues.

Edited by edhunter
  • Like 1

Cancel reservations?

That's understandable. But thats notnwhat happened here. To cancel hundreds of reservations because you forgot you could get a premium is bullshit. Itll be interesting to see if they face legal issues.

I'm curious what the crime would be?

Cancel reservations?

I'm confident that the fine print allows them to do that. Heck, if the customer can cancel with due notice, why not the vendor?
  • Like 1

Cancel reservations?

Too bad wanton GREED is not a crime...because this is tantamount to STEALING FROM PEOPLE WHO HAD THE ORIGINAL RESERVATIONS.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Wanna%20fight%20Banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Cancel reservations?

I'm confident that the fine print allows them to do that. Heck, if the customer can cancel with due notice, why not the vendor?

This is a good point.