Carrie Fisher had a bunch of drugs in her system autopsy reveals

Presto-digitation

They also said she had sleep apnea.

Don't know if that was mentioned above. I'm not reading every post here.

In order to make a qualified, informed post, you must read every word of every post in a the thread in which you plan to post, even if it's inane drivel. C'mon man, you know the rules. :bitchslap:

• Like 2

Not reading all of that, but I heard she died from sleep apnea.

That's what I read in our newspaper yesterday - sleep apnea and clogged arteries. The article said they weren't sure if the drugs found in her system contributed to her death. :huh:

My ex died a couple of years ago in her sleep from an overdose. She had enough meds in her system to take out a horse. Let's start with Oxy and xanax and work from there.

Now I supposed we could call Fishers death as a sleep apnea issue. Or we could call it medication abuse that caused her to go to sleep, suppresses her respiratory system and makes her not wake up. I tend to lean towards the later. Personally I think the sleep apnea reasoning is pretty bullshitty.

I agree with you, but that's what the article said.

The first time I ever witnessed sleep apnea, I thought the person had died. It's scary stuff.

I know...I have it myself. Although it's kind of hard to see it first hand since I'm asleep. It kind of freaked my wife out. But I have treatment and it's under control.

I think the press is trying to parse this as sleep apnea to avoid calling it an overdose. But, let's call it what it is...she was obviously having major issues.

Did you have to wear a heart monitor for 48 hours?

no, but I had the sleep study where they wired me up and had me sleep (yeah that's a trick when you're wired for stereo). then they woke me up 2 hours into sleeping and told me my apnea was off the charts. Then I had to wear the darth vador scuba mask thing.

I'm glad I got it treated...I certainly sleep better now. For those of you that are heavy snorers...get tested for apnea.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 2

I met her about 3 years before her death. She seemed to have her s*** together, but looks can be deceiving. There was a lot of pressure on her to lose weight for The Force Awakens.

They also said she had sleep apnea.

Don't know if that was mentioned above. I'm not reading every post here.

No problem. I only read your last sentence here.

Seeing that you likely won't read what I'm posting now I'll just go on to say this: ereh tsop yreve gnidaer ton m'I

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

I figure the articles must've been written by the pharmaceutical companies who don't want to be blamed for it.
  • Like 2

I figure the articles must've been written by the pharmaceutical companies who don't want to be blamed for it.

They don't make cocaine, heroin, or ecstasy.

My heart was crushed when Jose Fernandez was found dead near that boat crash in Miami. Then the report came out that he was coked out. Pisses me off.

I have a crystal meth lab in my garage next to my huge Neil Peart influenced drum kit! No wonder I'm soooooo CRAZY!!!! Doctors check my blood weekly! I am called "OZZY EARL!"

• Like 1

I met a young woman the other day, named Crystal. Her perfume methed up my mind.

HAHAHAHA!!! Classic my friend! Never heard that one before!!!

I prefer "Crystal Ball."

Love,

STYX

(Yes yet another STYX reference on the Rush Forum!)

I have sixth row on Friday night! LOL

I met a young woman the other day, named Crystal. Her perfume methed up my mind.

I prefer "Crystal Ball."

Love,

STYX

Enjoy that! I did not have the good fortune of seeing them ... I used to blast Equinox in my 8 track back in grade 12 ... me so jealous but happy for you!

• Like 1

I prefer "Crystal Ball."

Love,

STYX

Enjoy that! I did not have the good fortune of seeing them ... I used to blast Equinox in my 8 track back in grade 12 ... me so jealous but happy for you!

I am so sorry you never saw them! Being spoiled in California man. I love your high school memory. I am a very nostalgic dude so I get it. I remember playing my parents 8 track tapes back in the 70's.

I am sitting here trying to rhyme a city that sounds like FUN.

Equinox is a wonderful album.

You were into STYX when you were a kid. I'm surprised you never saw them.

Thank you for your kind words. I am blessed.

When I was in love and had a wonderful woman by my side we went to see KANSAS, YES and STYX headlined at Mountain View at the Shoreline.

Wendy and I were on our way out of the show. We had third row center. As we were leaving James Young took a handful of picks and showered us with them.

I think my ex (who I really did love) ensnared 4 picks. I came up with about three!

EPIC!

KANSAS blew away YES. But STYX stole the show! I know Pat won't agree but hey it is what it is.

So this is a true story..

To confirm that I had third row center that night. My seats were looking right at Chris Squire's cock in black spandex. It was actually very strange, but man, his twig and berries were starring at me during the entire performance.

RIP

I think you missed my point. They made it sound like sleep apnea was the cause for her death, not the drugs, in most of the articles I've read.

I think you missed my point. They made it sound like sleep apnea was the cause for her death, not the drugs, in most of the articles I've read.

No, "they" didn't say this. The coroner said this. Sleep apnea and "a combination of other factors." Those other factors include her history and substances identified in the toxicology report. They aren't into speculation, they conduct scientific investigations and publish their findings. Pharmaceutical companies don't conduct autopsies.

Under the generic name diamorphine, heroin is prescribed as a strong pain medication in the United Kingdom.

Cocaine hydrochloride (topical solution) is made and sold in the USA.

Edited by Principled Man
  • Like 1