Carrie Fisher had a bunch of drugs in her system autopsy reveals

Presto-digitation

Carrie Fisher had cocaine, methadone, heroin and ecstasy (!!!!) in her system when she died in December, according to an autopsy report released Monday.

The coroner’s report listed sleep apnea as the primary cause of death, with drug intake as a contributing factor. The report stated that Fisher’s family objected to a full autopsy, and coroner’s investigators had access to limited toxicology specimens. The conclusions were based on toxicology results and an external examination of Fisher’s body.

Fisher died on Dec. 27, four days after going into cardiac arrest on an airplane arriving at LAX from London. The report states that Fisher’s assistant was on the plane with her. The assistant reported that she was awake and normal at the beginning of the flight, but had “multiple apneic episodes, which was her baseline” during the flight. At the end of the flight, she could not be awoken.

RELATED

http://i2.wp.com/pmcvariety.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/carrie-fisher-22.jpg?crop=0px%2C0px%2C1000px%2C557px&resize=300%2C167&ssl=1

Carrie Fisher’s Life and Career in Photos

“Based on the available toxicological information, we cannot establish the significance of the multiple substances that were detected in Ms. Fisher’s blood and tissue, with regard to the cause of death,” the report states.

According to the report, Fisher may have ingested the cocaine as early as three days before the flight, adding to the uncertainty about the cause of death. The report also notes a likely exposure to heroin, which could have suppressed her breathing as she went into cardiac arrest.

In addition to the illegal drugs, Fisher was also taking Prozac, Abilify and Lamictal under prescription. She was also taking oxycodone without a prescription.

The report also notes that Fisher had a history of bipolar disorder and a long history of drug use.

Funny we find this info. i was just watching a bio on judy Garland. Talk about a mess and a half.

point being it's just so sad how these people just self destruct.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 4

She fought addiction her entire life.

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/sites/sbs.com.au.comedy/files/styles/body_image/public/carrie-fisher-gif-star-wars-leia-organa-favim.com-3868517.gif?itok=0xgEBRbR&mtime=1482894087

Not reading all of that, but I heard she died from sleep apnea.

That's what I read in our newspaper yesterday - sleep apnea and clogged arteries. The article said they weren't sure if the drugs found in her system contributed to her death. :huh:

sometimes i just don't wanna know...

Very funny lady. I read one of her books and she was very self-deprecating.

Can we blame Paul Simon somehow? That little weasel...

http://www.chicagonow.com/faith-loop/files/2016/12/carrie_fisher-150x150.jpg

• Like 1

That's what I read in our newspaper yesterday - sleep apnea and clogged arteries. The article said they weren't sure if the drugs found in her system contributed to her death. :huh:

My ex died a couple of years ago in her sleep from an overdose. She had enough meds in her system to take out a horse. Let's start with Oxy and xanax and work from there.

Now I supposed we could call Fishers death as a sleep apnea issue. Or we could call it medication abuse that caused her to go to sleep, suppresses her respiratory system and makes her not wake up. I tend to lean towards the later. Personally I think the sleep apnea reasoning is pretty bullshitty; sort of like saying someone died from bulemia because they were underweight.

Edited by HemiBeers
  • Like 1

My ex died a couple of years ago in her sleep from an overdose. She had enough meds in her system to take out a horse. Let's start with Oxy and xanax and work from there.

Now I supposed we could call Fishers death as a sleep apnea issue. Or we could call it medication abuse that caused her to go to sleep, suppresses her respiratory system and makes her not wake up. I tend to lean towards the later. Personally I think the sleep apnea reasoning is pretty bullshitty.

I agree with you, but that's what the article said.

The first time I ever witnessed sleep apnea, I thought the person had died. It's scary stuff.

• Like 1

http://media.vanityfair.com/photos/586563636be3895a2107ebcf/master/w_690,c_limit/carrie-thank-you.gif

Now I supposed we could call Fishers death as a sleep apnea issue. Or we could call it medication abuse that caused her to go to sleep, suppresses her respiratory system and makes her not wake up. I tend to lean towards the later. Personally I think the sleep apnea reasoning is pretty bullshitty.

The first time I ever witnessed sleep apnea, I thought the person had died. It's scary stuff.

giphy-17.gif?resize=500%2C248

That's like saying someone with AIDS died from pneumonia. While that's technically correct, it's the AIDS that allowed a usually routine lung problem to be fatal. Sleep apnea doesn't kill people. This is from an older study, but the results are valid today. Patients with sleep apnea syndrome (SAS) show cardiac dysrhythmias in association with cyclical nocturnal hypoxemia; are they at risk of dying during sleep? To assess this claim, we reviewed the clinical course of 91 patients with polysomnographically documented SAS between July 1978 and June 1986. A control group was comprised of 35 patients who were referred with symptoms suggestive of SAS but had negative sleep studies. Follow-up was obtained by survey questionnaire. Nine of 91 SAS and four of 35 control patients had died by completion of the study. There were no statistically significant differences in mortality between the two groups. None of the SAS patients died in their sleep, but they reported a higher incidence of disability and vehicular mishaps than did control subjects. The findings in this study do not support the hypothesis that SAS patients are at increased risk of dying in their sleep.
  • Like 1

That's like saying someone with AIDS died from pneumonia. While that's technically correct, it's the AIDS that allowed a usually routine lung problem to be fatal. Sleep apnea doesn't kill people. This is from an older study, but the results are valid today. Patients with sleep apnea syndrome (SAS) show cardiac dysrhythmias in association with cyclical nocturnal hypoxemia; are they at risk of dying during sleep? To assess this claim, we reviewed the clinical course of 91 patients with polysomnographically documented SAS between July 1978 and June 1986. A control group was comprised of 35 patients who were referred with symptoms suggestive of SAS but had negative sleep studies. Follow-up was obtained by survey questionnaire. Nine of 91 SAS and four of 35 control patients had died by completion of the study. There were no statistically significant differences in mortality between the two groups. None of the SAS patients died in their sleep, but they reported a higher incidence of disability and vehicular mishaps than did control subjects. The findings in this study do not support the hypothesis that SAS patients are at increased risk of dying in their sleep.

Ge4m1.gif

I know...I have it myself. Although it's kind of hard to see it first hand since I'm asleep. It kind of freaked my wife out. But I have treatment and it's under control.

I think the press is trying to parse this as sleep apnea to avoid calling it an overdose. But, let's call it what it is...she was obviously having major issues.

• Like 2

I know...I have it myself. Although it's kind of hard to see it first hand since I'm asleep. It kind of freaked my wife out. But I have treatment and it's under control.

I think the press is trying to parse this as sleep apnea to avoid calling it an overdose. But, let's call it what it is...she was obviously having major issues.

Did you have to wear a heart monitor for 48 hours?