RushFan#2112

Has anyone on here wrote a letter to a band, or someone from a band before?

Once when I was younger, I wrote a letter to Bruce Dickinson. The band was really nice, and they all signed a picture for me, and Bruce signed the drawing I drew.

• Like 3

I've heard of people writing to Neil. He used to personally respond to every one of them, but he doesn't any more since he gets too much fan mail.

Yes...there is a member of TRF (Jaminbenb, if I remember correctly) who has a handwritten postcard or two from Neil. I don't remember the vintage exactly, but I think it was early to mid-'80s.

• Like 1

I did send one to Rush a few years back. I don't know what happened, but I never got a response.

One of the prices of fame...Sorry this happened to you Babycat...

http://i.imgur.com/yzYlg05.gif

I did send one to Rush a few years back. I don't know what happened, but I never got a response.

One of the prices of fame...Sorry this happened to you Babycat...

http://i.imgur.com/yzYlg05.gif

It happens...

• Like 1

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the band Echolyn, but my brother wrote to them at some point in the early 90's, unbeknownst to me. I was still living with my parents at the time and I came home from work one day at which time my mom told me that some guy named "Brett Echolyn" called for my brother. It took me a little while to realize that it must have been Brett Kull from Echolyn who called. Unfortunately my brother wasn't home at the time.

I've heard of people writing to Neil. He used to personally respond to every one of them, but he doesn't any more since he gets too much fan mail.

Yes...there is a member of TRF (Jaminbenb, if I remember correctly) who has a handwritten postcard or two from Neil. I don't remember the vintage exactly, but I think it was early to mid-'80s.

That postcard is a cool story. As I recall, the postcard may have inspired Middletown Dreams. :yes: