Should we expect a biography by alex and geddy?

32 replies to this topic

#1 workingthemangels63

workingthemangels63

The Seeker

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Interests:music,tv,reading,hiking,my kids and grandkids,beautiful women2

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:07 PM

we know they like to keep busy.i would be 1st in line to buy both books. you guys think there is much of a chance for it to happen in the next few years?

Sponsored Post

#2 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42287 posts

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

No.

I don't mean this sarcastically, but not unless they really need the money.

We know everything about Geddy he WANTS us to know.  I don't think he's not going to tell us anymore.

Even though he's more affable, I think Alex is as private a person.

#3 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15998 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 15 June 2017 - 08:07 PM

I guess you mean an autobiography?  Doubtful.

#4 Your_Lion

Your_Lion

Professor Gumby

• Members
  • 63097 posts
  • Interests:All I ever really wanted to do was play the guitar 'n bend the string like "Reent-toont-teent-toont-teenooneenoonee"

Posted 16 June 2017 - 04:29 AM

Ancient Ways, on 15 June 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Yeah, unless they wrote a biography on someone else

hmm, I wonder who they'd write about Posted Image

Edited by Your_Lion, 16 June 2017 - 04:30 AM.

#5 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

That's It™ Sig

• Members
  • 15998 posts
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:39 AM

Your_Lion, on 16 June 2017 - 04:29 AM, said:

Ancient Ways, on 15 June 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

Yeah, unless they wrote a biography on someone else

hmm, I wonder who they'd write about Posted Image
I actually considered that for a moment.  I'm awaiting "Howard ungerlieder: a biography."

#6 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:10 AM

"BY Alex and Geddy"? Highly doubt it.

However, I can imagine another biography on Rush sometime in the not too distant future. Though I'm not sure how many different ways you can tell the story of John Rutsey being the original drummer-2112 buying their freedom-Moving Pictures giving them mainstream success-etc.

IMHO, the most interesting story/stories to tell would be on their early tours with other bands. I thought the most fun part of the Beyond the Lighted Stage doc was that first part of the film that went into some of the touring details with Kiss, Max Webster, etc. I'd like to see someone dig even further and write about some of the high schools, bars, dives, and small arenas Rush played in the early 70s.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze, 16 June 2017 - 11:11 AM.

#7 Lorraine

Lorraine

Dial-Up Diva

• Members *
  • 42287 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

Lorraine, on 15 June 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

No.

I don't mean this sarcastically, but not unless they really need the money.

We know everything about Geddy he WANTS us to know.  I don't think he's not going to tell us anymore.

Even though he's more affable, I think Alex is as private a person.

That should read: "I don't think he's going to tell us anymore."

#8 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3784 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

Not unless Ray Danniels smells a fat advance check.

Seriously? What do you really need to know that you don't already know about them?

#9 workingthemangels63

workingthemangels63

The Seeker

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:57 PM

HemiBeers, on 16 June 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Not unless Ray Danniels smells a fat advance check.

Seriously? What do you really need to know that you don't already know about them?

how they were as kids and when did they know they wanted to be professionals,how diden and now, their parents past effect them then and how it effects them now,if at all. was neal the only canidate o replace rutsey,all kinds of road stories with kiss,manfred mann.and all the other bands they toured with.

#10 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:10 PM

I don't imagine there's a bunch of big exciting stories to tell since they weren't really partiers or single for that matter.

#11 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

The Professor

• Members
  • 3784 posts
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:42 PM

EagleMoon, on 16 June 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

I don't imagine there's a bunch of big exciting stories to tell since they weren't really partiers or single for that matter.
if there were interesting 'stories' (wink, wink), those are probably sworn to secrecy for eternity.

#12 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:19 PM

Are you joking? TRF got excited when Geddy & his daughter were on some dumb sitcom as extras a decade or so back. So, I think many here WOULD be interested in their thoughts on those early days.

[translated as: I totally hear you. There likely aren't any of THOSE "exciting" stories to tell. BUT Beyond the Lighted Stage didn't have any of THOSE exciting stories to tell either...yet it was exciting.]

#13 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10817 posts

Posted 16 June 2017 - 09:46 PM

An autobiography is a self written account of the author's life - in other words, while we know Geddy as the mensch in Rush, he could write a book with only one chapter on the band if he chooses ..

I'm sure the man has enough interesting things to write about that don't directly involve Rush or go into detail about what bass strings he used on the Signals tour

#14 djflex

djflex

The Professor

• Members
  • 3833 posts
  • Interests:Doing the tasks the voices in my head tell me to do

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

If they do I hope its a comic book, I cant seem to stay focused on reading these days.

#15 workingthemangels63

workingthemangels63

The Seeker

• Members
  • 118 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:32 PM

Lucas, on 16 June 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

An autobiography is a self written account of the author's life - in other words, while we know Geddy as the mensch in Rush, he could write a book with only one chapter on the band if he chooses ..

I'm sure the man has enough interesting things to write about that don't directly involve Rush or go into detail about what bass strings he used on the Signals tour

bios are often written by other people

#16 EagleMoon

EagleMoon

Beauty and the Bass

• Members
  • 21779 posts
  • Interests:GUI and graphic design, writing, reading, hiking with my dog and photography.

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:38 PM

JohnnyBlaze, on 16 June 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

Are you joking? TRF got excited when Geddy & his daughter were on some dumb sitcom as extras a decade or so back. So, I think many here WOULD be interested in their thoughts on those early days.

[translated as: I totally hear you. There likely aren't any of THOSE "exciting" stories to tell. BUT Beyond the Lighted Stage didn't have any of THOSE exciting stories to tell either...yet it was exciting.]

Yeah but we've seen all that already.

#17 Verena

Verena

Mood Lifter

• Members *
  • 15618 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

workingthemangels63, on 15 June 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

we know they like to keep busy.i would be 1st in line to buy both books. you guys think there is much of a chance for it to happen in the next few years?

I don't think so.
Maybe I'm wrong.
Who knows?     :huh:

#18 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10817 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

workingthemangels63, on 17 June 2017 - 03:32 PM, said:

Lucas, on 16 June 2017 - 09:46 PM, said:

bios are often written by other people

I understand that, but your question was "Should we expect a biography by Geddy and Alex"

And another person could write a book about, for example, Geddy's love of baseball or Alex's incident with his son and the police ..

#19 Oracle

Oracle

Solar Federalist

• Members *
  • 2119 posts
  • Interests:Basically anything that can interest me.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:02 PM

Everything that should really need to be known about Rush is in Beyond the Lighted Stage documentary from 7 years ago. I think it could easily be updated to include Clockwork Angels and R40, but other than that, you don't really need anything else.

#20 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30145 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 07:29 AM

EagleMoon, on 17 June 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

JohnnyBlaze, on 16 June 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yeah but we've seen all that already.

I'm not saying to repeat those same stories. I'm saying there are probably more. No way ALL of their 70s anecdotes were told in that BTLS segment. No way.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users