Queens of the Stone Age announced "Villains" and teases new song...

I gave the album a sincere try. Maybe 15 times through start to finish. There's a couple great songs, but the rest sound like B-Side material. ...Like Clockwork was fantastic, nearly all of it. This is not ...Like Clockwork, and it's already been shelved.

What I did like is there was a more Them Crooked Vultures feel to many of the songs, but composition (and lyrics) fall very much short compared to the actual TCV release. My greater disappointment with Villains has been the fact I can't put my finger on what exactly is turning me off and away.

I will note that I thought the overall production was improved, it doesn't have a garage band sound or feel, which I always thought detracted from the quality of past QOTSA material. This is a proper, polished studio release and IMO sounds great. I'm sure bringing in Mark Ronson ensured a certain degree of quality (like it or not he knows how to make albums 'sound' a certain way, a sign of a true producer).

I've been hooked on their music since I heard Little Sister. I've seen them twice in concert.

Do you actually wear boots? And are they pirate boots? :madra:

Yes they are.
  • Like 1

It's taking me a while to like Villains. Like Clockwork had me right from the get-go, which is rare for a record. I just wish Josh would get Dave Grohl and John Paul Jones back together to do some more Them Crooked Vultures stuff.