R40-what would have an R40 theme consisted of

if the guys had chosen to create one like they did on the r30 tour?

i love rush,but nowhere nearly know as much about them as majority you guys here. i would think la villa,limelight and freewill would have been in there.let,s hear all of your best guesses.

How about all the songs they never played live?

sounds like sometihing they would seriously consider.no telling what songs they have hidden away in the vaults.love to see a box set of rare tracks sometime ,

sounds like sometihing they would seriously consider.no telling what songs they have hidden away in the vaults.love to see a box set of rare tracks sometime ,

Sorry to say but I'm pretty sure Neil holds that there are no hidden tracks in the vault; everything they wrote they used.

there has to be some outakes and different tracks somewhere they forgot.they recorded in the studio over 40 years.they had to forget a few things here and there.

It would be a great treasure indeed, I'm with you. But I also think what others have said here- they just didn't have outtakes and off-the-cuff things like that.

Certainly there were melodies and jams and things that became Rush songs. I would imagine there were lots of rehearsals that they recorded. But I would also imagine they'll never release those things. Any of that stuff would be an important part of their evolution, and I can see them truly wanting to just keep it to themselves, forever.

Edited by Blue J

Sorry to say but I'm pretty sure Neil holds that there are no hidden tracks in the vault; everything they wrote they used.

There are some unreleased tracks, but most of them existed on Bootlegs before they eventually got an official release. For example, Fancy Dancer, Garden Road, and You Can’t Fight It. (Although that one was really their first ever song, not a unreleased song)