Kansas VS Styx?

Texas King

Kansas VS Styx?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Kansas VS Styx?

Obviously the original line up of STYX on the A&M releases are the best. I believe Tommy was not on the "Equinox" record which rules. But Tommy was hired for the "Crystal Ball" album and the band never looked back. Without Tommy Styx would have become STYNX in my opinion. Probably why Dennis split. He want to take the band to Pop City and Tommy wanted to fuckking ROCK!

I love the current line up minus GOWAN. Although I saw STYX last year in Stockton and for the first time I was very impressed!

I'm a Shaw, Young and Todd Sucherman guy. Love those guys.

I confess I do see STYX once a year.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing "Leftoverture" all they through later on this year too!

• Like 3

Obviously the original line up of STYX on the A&M releases are the best. I believe Tommy was not on the "Equinox" record which rules. But Tommy was hired for the "Crystal Ball" album and the band never looked back. Without Tommy Styx would have become STYNX in my opinion. Probably why Dennis split. He want to take the band to Pop City and Tommy wanted to fuckking ROCK!

I love the current line up minus GOWAN. Although I saw STYX last year in Stockton and for the first time I was very impressed!

Looking forward to seeing and hearing "Leftoverture" all they through later on this year too!

Crystal Ball is a masterpiece. Few opening tracks have ever topped Put Me On.

• Like 1

SUCH A GREAT SONG FROM AN ALBUM I TRULY LOVE!

Me too. :)

That song seemed okay at first, but it hasn't held up for me. As for the rest of Drastic Measures, I hated it back then, and still do. No Robbie on violin and vocals, and too much of the Elefante brothers' influence. It's just not a Kansas album for me.

As for the other album with Elefante, I like about half of Vinyl Confessions (the Kerry songs), and the other half I skip over.

yea......i really don't like 80's Kansas in general.

Mick

Useless for me to do a search, so I am relying on your memories.

Does anyone here recall if we ever had a Boston vs. Kansas vs. Foreigner poll? Those three bands are a lot alike (at least to me they are) and I was wondering which one would do the best in a poll.

Does anyone here recall if we ever had a Boston vs. Kansas vs. Foreigner poll? Those three bands are a lot alike (at least to me they are) and I was wondering which one would do the best in a poll.

Foreigner is my bae

• Like 1

i don't recall but i think i'd go for Kansas there too. though just by a hair. As i love Foreigner too.

Mick

• Like 1

Foreigner is my bae

i don't recall but i think i'd go for Kansas there too. though just by a hair. As i love Foreigner too.

Mick

I'll do the poll.

I'm sure someone will let me know if it's been done before.

• Like 1

Why all the Styx posts on this forum?

Stuck in a Styx rut.

Lol, did I start this rut?

Musically, the song is great, but I don't care for James Young's vocals at all.

Musically, the song is great, but I don't care for James Young's vocals at all.

Digging up old threads, eh? lol. Yeah, JY's vocals are hit or miss, but I find they hit the mark on Put Me On.

Kansas every day of the week.

I love both bands though

• Like 1

i still go Kansas......BUT honestly i think i like the Grand illusion more than any Kansas album. i play it far more than Kansas.

Mick

I probably play the first two Styx albums more than any of the others.

I dunno...I am very drawn to their quirky Wooden Nickel era

• Like 1

Styx, for me, has always been about two albums, and two great albums at that, "The Grand Illusion" and "Pieces of Eight". A different Styx altogether but I'd proudly add "The Mission" to that list.

The Mission is a great album.

• Like 4

The more I think about it, the more I realise that Styx and Kansas are about equal.
  • Like 1