STYX - Don't forget now kids

lol, it seems like the page count just skyrocketed once people figure out the new record was actually awesome.

"The Mission" is currently my "Album Of The Year."

It is mine as well.

I am very surprised that Japan has not pressed this cd with a bonus track or special packaging! Hopefully they will!!

Not that I listen to a lot of music from the current year, but the new Styx is gonna be right up there with the new MisterWives and the new White Reaper on my tiny year end list.

It's lovely to see Styx get all this love.

But I honestly don't get it.

But all the same, it must be a great feeling for the band to deliver more than mere nostalgia.

• Like 1

I didn't read this entire thread so i don't know what has been said about this album.

Never cared much for Styx, but I have to say that for such an old band to have come out with an album like this at this late stage of their careers is impressive. It's really good.

Locomotive is my favorite song on the album.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 3

Like "The Mission" I am in love with "The Rise To Chaos."

This cd vinyl box set is so sexy from Germany. I might have to cuddle it tonight.

Sadly I lagged and didn't get the STYX BOX SET!

PISSED! I love that NASA homage shirt! UGH!

Can't have it all.

"Love Is For Suckers"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

• Like 1

The biggest Styx fan I ever saw on the forum was Cosey Toes. I wonder if he's still interested in the band these days?

I remember Cozy Toes. Cool Forum Member. He or she made me type like Peter Pan.

aye!

ACCEPT RULES!!!!

Have you got the new album??

This cd vinyl box set is so sexy from Germany. I might have to cuddle it tonight.

Can't have it all.

"Love Is For Suckers"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

I knew you slept with these things! :LOL:

• Like 1

Can't have it all.

"Love Is For Suckers"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

HAHAHAHA!

Better to hold an Accept limited edition box set then some cold hearted woman!

My Accept Box is sexy and it won't talk back or cheat on me. LOL

• Like 1

Can't have it all.

"Love Is For Suckers"

Signed,

TWISTED SISTER

HAHAHAHA!

Better to hold an Accept limited edition box set then some cold hearted woman!

My Accept Box is sexy and it won't talk back or cheat on me. LOL

Aye!

So, I'm downsizing from a huge house to a modest one, which means I;m getting rid of a lot of stuff. Included in that is all my old vinyl albums. So, I sold them this weekend at a garage sale, all for a buck. Super cheap, but it was cool to talk to people and to see collectors go nuts at the price and the selection. The first guy bought 49 albums.

After two days of selling, as we were shutting down the garage sale, I slashed the price to two for $1. Most everything was gone at the end of the day, except for an original pressing of this... :LOL: You can't give this one away!

R-1294472-1341797807-2603.jpeg.jpg

Edited by goose
  • Like 1

So, I'm downsizing from a huge house to a modest one, which means I;m getting rid of a lot of stuff. Included in that is all my old vinyl albums. So, I sold them this weekend at a garage sale, all for a buck. Super cheap, but it was cool to talk to people and to see collectors go nuts at the price and the selection. The first guy bought 49 albums.

After two days of selling, as we were shutting down the garage sale, I slashed the price to two for $1. Most everything was gone at the end of the day, except for an original pressing of this... :LOL: You can't give this one away!

Can't really blame anyone. what a turd, lol

Mick

Mick

I think its ok. In the bottom three of their classic era in my opinion.

• Like 1

Mick

i'll give you that. it DID come after the Grand Illusion and Pieces of Eight.

but it was also the beginning of Deyoungs death grip on the group.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Death grip - that's a good way to describe it. He just went totally off the rails there in those later years. He went from writing stuff like Lady, Lorelei and Suite Madame Blue to stuff like Why Me and Music Time.

Edited by Wil1972
  • Like 1

Mick

Mick

Death grip - that's a good way to describe it. He just went totally off the rails there in those later years. He went from writing stuff like Lady, Lorelei and Suite Madame Blue to stuff like Why Me and Music Time.

Styx worked better when it was a group. Like look......on their 2 buggiest records- Grand Illusion and Pieces.....Deyoung was definitely there. but they kept him in check so it worked. Then the Deyoung and.....these other guys, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Styx worked better when it was a group. Like look......on their 2 buggiest records- Grand Illusion and Pieces.....Deyoung was definitely there. but they kept him in check so it worked. Then the Deyoung and.....these other guys, lol

Mick

As soon as he had a massive hit with Babe, it was like, his ego took off. He already had one. Check out pretty much any interview with him and you can see it. But Babe put him over the edge.

• Like 1