I want to tell you guys about my week.

YYZumbi

I had such a nice week, and I was thinking I should share my story with you guys!

First, I went to Sweden Rock Festival together with my parents. And we had a great time, saw lots of great bands (most of them at first row).

The bands we saw was:

Black Ingvars (a swedish comedy band)

Doro Pesch´s Warlock

Alter Bridge

Aerosmith

Wishbone Ash

Mustasch

Gotthard

Little Stevens & The Disciples Of Soul

Scorpions.

I got a guitar pick from the Alter Bridge band and I got TWO drum sticks from when I saw Scorpions. So that was really cool!

And then on my way home I went by a store that was selling used record players. So I got my self a new turntable, a Pioneer PL 120. I am right now sitting and listening to it, and it sounds great!

So I am sooooo happy right now! :)

http://i.imgur.com/ocBGV9k.jpg

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 9

Just curious, what kind of snacks can you have at concerts in sweden?

I bet wishbone ash was good

Well this was at a festival. And you can buy almost any kind of snacks or food you want. Pizza, Fish N Chips, Pasta, Waffles, and so much more. (and for those that drink, it is ofcourse wine and beer as well).

And yes, Wishbone Ash was very good! I had never heard their music before (only one song, Warrior), but I really enjoyed them. Good guitar players!

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 3

Sounds like a great time ... and that's a really good line up - Little Steven and Wishbone Ash together on the same bill with Aerosmith and The Scorps .. That's some great stuff right there ..

And I think it is great that you can enjoy music with your parents ... My parents played a huge role in my love for music ..

Zumbi, did your Dad take any photos ???

And CONGRATS on the turntable !!!!

Edited by Lucas

Well this was at a festival. And you can buy almost any kind of snacks or food you want. Pizza, Fish N Chips, Pasta, Waffles, and so much more. (and for those that drink, it is ofcourse wine and beer as well).

And yes, Wishbone Ash was very good! I had never heard their music before (only one song, Warrior), but I really enjoyed them. Good guitar players!

Gotcha, sounds like the same stuff here. Lol no idea why i wanted know this

• Like 1

Sounds like a great time ... and that's a really good line up - Little Steven and Wishbone Ash together on the same bill with Aerosmith and The Scorps .. That's some great stuff right there ..

And I think it is great that you can enjoy music with your parents ... My parents played a huge role in my love for music ..

Zumbi, did your Dad take any photos ???

And CONGRATS on the turntable !!!!

Yes, tho I must say I did not like Little Steven, but I had to wait at that stage to get first row for Scorpions that was after.

Yes, it is mostly me and my dad that share similar taste in music. My mom just comes along. She is not much into this 70s prog rock / metal music.

Yes he did, and so did I. I used my camera a lot this year, during the festival. I will fix the photos in photoshop and then I will probably make a new thread there I share the photos!

And thank you! I really missed having a turntable, so boring whitout one!

Good job on getting a new turntable. I bet there's some newly bought LPs that need playtime. Curious to know how much you paid for that Pioneer PL 120.

Thank you. :P

Yeah, I got a few records that I have not played yet. But I will clean them first before I play them. But I think it is about 10-15 records.

I only know how much I paid in swedish money. And it was 1000 swedish kronor (you have to check for yourself how much it is in your currency)

Edited by YYZumbi

Gotcha, sounds like the same stuff here. Lol no idea why i wanted know this

Cool. And me neither. :P

That sounds like a really awesome week. I sold the only turntable I had which was a really nice Pioneer one when I moved. Wish I hadn't.

Good job on getting a new turntable. I bet there's some newly bought LPs that need playtime. Curious to know how much you paid for that Pioneer PL 120.

Yeah, I got a few records that I have not played yet. But I will clean them first before I play them. But I think it is about 10-15 records.

I only know how much I paid in swedish money. And it was 1000 swedish kronor (you have to check for yourself how much it is in your currency)

Around $114.

Around $114.

Yeah, that's pretty close, $114.74 US dollars to be exact which would be about $60 less than what I paid for my turntable (an American made UTurn Audio Orbit) when it was brand new and straight from the factory. Works great for my vinyl needs, and easily upgradable (stylus, cartridge, platter, etc.) and replacement parts are easily available from the factory should I need to replace my turntable belt for example. The only thing I've needed to replace on it has been the stylus, which I've done twice already.

Around $114.

Yeah, that's pretty close, $114.74 US dollars to be exact which would be about $60 less than what I paid for my turntable (an American made UTurn Audio Orbit) when it was brand new and straight from the factory. Works great for my vinyl needs, and easily upgradable (stylus, cartridge, platter, etc.) and replacement parts are easily available from the factory should I need to replace my turntable belt for example. The only thing I've needed to replace on it has been the stylus, which I've done twice already.

I replaced the cables, the cartridge and the feet on it. Now its like new.

That sounds like a really awesome week. I sold the only turntable I had which was a really nice Pioneer one when I moved. Wish I hadn't.

It was!

That sucks! Why don't you buy a new one then?

It was!

No money.

It was!

No money.

I know the feeling....

I borrowed money from my parents to afford my turntable. Will pay them back when I got a job.

• Like 1