Would you give up Limelight?

JohnRogers

Would you give up Limelight for a normal fan relationship with Neil Peart?   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give up Limelight for a more fan interactive Peart?

• No, it's a top five song for me.
    • No, Neil's hang up about fans makes him more endearing to me.
    • Yes, I'd love to tell Neil how much his talents mean to me at a pre-show meet and greet.
    • Yes, I'd like to give Neil my unique take while seeing him at a gas station, grocery store, pub or art gallery.
    • Yes, I'd like to be a Neil Peart groupie that gives him pubic lice. He'd never forget me!
    • I'd like a Neil Peart hologram.

I don't get all the Neil bashing either. He is still 1/3 of the band that brought us all here in the first place. If Geddy or Alex had gone out and written travelogues people would probably be bashing them too. They were smart to keep their lives pretty private.

You probably think the same thing about Pol Pot and Vlad the Impaler! "I don't get all the Vlad bashing, so he slaughtered thousands what of it??"

Is that supposed to be funny? Just wondering because it's not.

it made me laugh and that's my main consideration! :nya nya:

I don't think it is funny eather tbh

You're not really known for having a sense of humor. Telling people "that's how it is, how it ought to be" is what you're known for.

I do have a sense of humor, but what Tree joked about is not funny, so I did not laugh about that.

Look, just don't read my stuff. You've now had plenty of warning. treeduck = Do. Not. Read. I'm not going to tell you again. I won't bother answering you next time. End of story.

• Like 5

I don't get all the Neil bashing either. He is still 1/3 of the band that brought us all here in the first place. If Geddy or Alex had gone out and written travelogues people would probably be bashing them too. They were smart to keep their lives pretty private.

You probably think the same thing about Pol Pot and Vlad the Impaler! "I don't get all the Vlad bashing, so he slaughtered thousands what of it??"

You're not really known for having a sense of humor. Telling people "that's how it is, how it ought to be" is what you're known for.

I do have a sense of humor, but what Tree joked about is not funny, so I did not laugh about that.

Look, just don't read my stuff. You've now had plenty of warning. treeduck = Do. Not. Read. I'm not going to tell you again. I won't bother answering you next time. End of story.

I have your back too Duck. I wish the Rushhead Haters would bugger off too and just put me on IGNORE. More like IGNORANT! I will never block anyone on here because I truly believe that it is better to know your enemies more than yourself. Never change Duck. Half the reason why I am still here is because of your existence on this very fun and entertaining yet uptight and snobby forum. I love "Limelight" and Neil Peart. Who gives a fukk!

• Like 2

I have your back too Duck. I wish the Rushhead Haters would bugger off too and just put me on IGNORE. More like IGNORANT! I will never block anyone on here because I truly believe that it is better to know your enemies more than yourself. Never change Duck. Half the reason why I am still here is because of your existence on this very fun and entertaining yet uptight and snobby forum. I love "Limelight" and Neil Peart. Who gives a fukk!

Aye!

:goodone:

• Like 1

Yes that rhymed.

Yes that rhymed.

Duck and f**k go together well. :16ton:

• Like 2

At this early hour polling indicates that Limelight is a very beloved song.

And you can dance to it a bit too, especially during the guitar solo! :7up: :guitar:

:guitar: :dweez:

• Like 2

Yes that rhymed.

Duck and f**k go together well. :16ton:

Absolfuckinglutely!!!!!!

• Like 1

At this early hour polling indicates that Limelight is a very beloved song.

Love it. It was the first song that got me into Rush in the first place.

As an aside, I really don't get all the flak about Neil either. He's just a guy.

• Like 2

I think some fans forget that Peart used to often correspond (in the 80s) via handwritten letters to fans...much of it due to his connection to Modern Drummer magazine.

He's shared a lot of his personal life through his books, blog, and interviews. He's shared more than fans need to know and that's the truth.

I would give up Bravest Face though. That song sucks. :P

• Like 3

And just for the record I love Slaughter! "Fly To The Angels" haters!

We were not talking about the band

Earl knows. That's just the way he is. I find it somewhat charming but I know it's not for everyone. Whipping out four decades worth of song lyrics and group names in a punning fashion at short notice is a pretty impressive super power in my book though. :heart: you Earl !

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 1

Earl knows. That's just the way he is. I find it somewhat charming but I know it's not for everyone. Whipping out four decades worth of song lyrics and group names in a punning fashion at short notice is a pretty impressive super power in my book though. :heart: you Earl !

Trying to prevent Earl from a ramble is like trying to stop a solar powered jackhammer that's operating at the heart of the sun. :sundog:

• Like 2

I don't care, don't read it. I've told you before.

U know everyone can see that comment u made about slaughter, right??

Slaughtering people is not a joke or laughing matter, same for talking about people who have slaughtered others.

Every thread gets tarnished by this utter rubbish.

Learn to laugh. It might help. Don't get the joke? Move along.

Derailing thread after thread with your whining is so 2016. Even then it got old fast.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

He wasn't talking about you either but glad to see once again you brought the attention back to yourself.

Please remind me of your age, how sad you are, and why a sense of humour can only be funny if it is acceptable enough to have been able to pass a board of censors in 1955.

• Like 3

:musicnote:And while the crowd keeps

Calling out "Hoorah"

Their greedy hands

Keep clutching out

"Hoorah, hoorah, hoorah" :musicnote:

• Like 1

He wasn't talking about you either but glad to see once again you brought the attention back to yourself.

Please remind me of your age, how sad you are, and why a sense of humour can only be funny if it is acceptable enough to have been able to pass a board of censors in 1955.

Why do u feel the need to be mean to me all the time??

• Like 1