Would you give up Limelight?

JohnRogers

Would you give up Limelight for a normal fan relationship with Neil Peart?   

46 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give up Limelight for a more fan interactive Peart?

• No, it's a top five song for me.
    • No, Neil's hang up about fans makes him more endearing to me.
    • Yes, I'd love to tell Neil how much his talents mean to me at a pre-show meet and greet.
    • Yes, I'd like to give Neil my unique take while seeing him at a gas station, grocery store, pub or art gallery.
    • Yes, I'd like to be a Neil Peart groupie that gives him pubic lice. He'd never forget me!
    • I'd like a Neil Peart hologram.

I sat upon porcelain pondering the masterpiece Moving Pictures which includes the five star song Limelight. Would you give that song up for a more normal interactive Neil Peart?

More b.s. Neil Peart bashing.

The man gave himself to his music and us, the fans. I can only remember albums, concerts, interviews, videos and books where he shared a lot of himself.

Why the criticism? Because he doesn't like fans knocking on his hotel door? He likes personal space in restaurants?

I just don't get it.

• Like 12

No, it's a favorite of mine. The pubic lice idea (from some one else, lol, this is a clean blueberry :P ) is funny, though. He would probably fill a whole book with complaining!
  • Like 2

The man gave himself to his music and us, the fans. I can only remember albums, concerts, interviews, videos and books where he shared a lot of himself.

Why the criticism? Because he doesn't like fans knocking on his hotel door? He likes personal space in restaurants?

I just don't get it.

Is this referring to what I posted?

I just don't get it.

Is this referring to what I posted?

No. It's about another thread dissing Neil Peart.

In a lot of ways, I don't care about Neil Peart either. I say let him be and enjoy the music and memories.

• Like 4

Can y'all just stop it and leave Neil be?? I am so tired of the bashing Neil in threads. Neil is just being Neil, and so what if he does not meet up with fans or like adulation, I don't care. All I care about is the music, and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.
  • Like 6

I have to ask - of anyone who would think less of Neil for retiring, or for wanting his personal space.

Would you think less of your parents if they wanted to retire? Would you think less of them if they wanted to be left alone in their lives? Would you demand that they not live their own lives as they saw proper?

He's a man, not an object to be used for our personal satisfaction. Just like your elders.

Edited by RedStarMan2112
  • Like 5

I don't get all the Neil bashing either. He is still 1/3 of the band that brought us all here in the first place. If Geddy or Alex had gone out and written travelogues people would probably be bashing them too. They were smart to keep their lives pretty private.
  • Like 10

I don't get all the Neil bashing either. He is still 1/3 of the band that brought us all here in the first place. If Geddy or Alex had gone out and written travelogues people would probably be bashing them too. They were smart to keep their lives pretty private.

You probably think the same thing about Pol Pot and Vlad the Impaler! "I don't get all the Vlad bashing, so he slaughtered thousands what of it??"

• Like 1

You probably think the same thing about Pol Pot and Vlad the Impaler! "I don't get all the Vlad bashing, so he slaughtered thousands what of it??"

Is that supposed to be funny? Just wondering because it's not.

• Like 2

I just don't get it.

Clowns that pose stupid questions while sitting on the crapper, should flush themselves down as well.

it made me laugh and that's my main consideration! :nya nya:

• Like 3

Can y'all just stop it and leave Neil be?? I am so tired of the bashing Neil in threads. Neil is just being Neil, and so what if he does not meet up with fans or like adulation, I don't care. All I care about is the music, and I wouldn't trade that for anything in the world.

Okay can everyone just stop being mean to each other and stop hating on Neil? Thanks.

• Like 1

I don't think it is funny eather tbh

• Like 1

I just don't get it.

Clowns that pose stupid questions while sitting on the crapper, should flush themselves down as well.

Put Alex down for a No vote.

I don't care, don't read it. I've told you before.

• Like 3

I don't care, don't read it. I've told you before.

U know everyone can see that comment u made about slaughter, right??

Slaughtering people is not a joke or laughing matter, same for talking about people who have slaughtered others.

You're not really known for having a sense of humor. Telling people "that's how it is, how it ought to be" is what you're known for.

• Like 2

You're not really known for having a sense of humor. Telling people "that's how it is, how it ought to be" is what you're known for.

I do have a sense of humor, but what Tree joked about is not funny, so I did not laugh about that.