Penn vs Kilmer vs Robbins vs Bacon

JohnnyBlaze

Penn vs Kilmer vs Robbins vs Bacon  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite from this foursome?

2. 2. Which ones would you give an overall grade of A- or better?

shawshank-redemption.png

These four are all very close in age and have played a variety of roles.

So who's your favorite?

http://brothers-ink.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/Val-Kilmer-the-Doors.jpg

What's the best movie from each?

Discuss.

http://derekwinnert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/112.jpg

Val and Val. Kevin is decent and serves his roles well but is very similar in them all to me. Tim I don't find interesting. Sean penn had a lot of promise when he first came out but I don't think he has picked the best roles. Val is always interesting. The doors, the Saint, top gun. Very different characters and he takes chances with the roles. Anyone that can make top secret and still have a career is alright.
  • Like 1

Val and Val. Kevin is decent and serves his roles well but is very similar in them all to me. Tim I don't find interesting. Sean penn had a lot of promise when he first came out but I don't think he has picked the best roles. Val is always interesting. The doors, the Saint, top gun. Very different characters and he takes chances with the roles. Anyone that can make top secret and still have a career is alright.

Similar opinion.

Penn...when he's good, he's really good. Examples: Mystic River, Milk, Dead Man Walking.

But then there are the flicks in which I think he's terrible and/or the movie is. Examples: I Am Sam, Casualties of War.

Kilmer...a good funny man (Real Genius, one of my favorite comedies) and great at drama (The Doors, Heat). He's the man here!

Bacon...even when the movie sucks (and it sometimes does), his performance is pretty reliable in any genre. Still, Val's better.

Robbins...yeah, i loved Shawshank but it's because of Bob Gunton and Morgan Freeman. He played a good dumb jock in Bull Durham but when it comes down to it, he's not as good as these other 3 guys.

• Like 1

I don't know about this poll.

buI think there's an age gap of 3 years between the 4 of them.

Well I don't like Tim Robbins much at all, he's another Tom Hanks, overrated. Penn has some good performances but also some shockers. Bacon is pretty consistent and decent but not anything to write home about. Kilmer is better and more interesting than the other three and as consistent as Bacon. Kilmer's recent problem is he's been IN some shockers!

• Like 1

Well I don't like Tim Robbins much at all, he's another Tom Hanks, overrated. Penn has some good performances but also some shockers. Bacon is pretty consistent and decent but not anything to write home about. Kilmer is better and more interesting than the other three and as consistent as Bacon. Kilmer's recent problem is he's been IN some shockers!

That's not too far off my earlier post.

• Like 2

I liked Tim Robbins in Jacob's Ladder, but overall he is bland ... Sean Penn was very good early on, and is probably the best of this lot - Bad Boys and Carlito's Way are probably my favorites that I have seen ..

Kevin Bacon is OK .. Can't say that I am a fan, but he's been good in some stuff

I saw Mystic River a long time ago, and from what I remember, the three were decent ...

Val Kilmer is awful .. He's the one on this list that I would probably steer clear of when deciding on a movie .. Unconvincing and forced ... I know I have seen him in a few things, but I remember having a hard time finishing Tombstone

That's not too far off my earlier post.

Aye...

:givebeer:

Similar opinion.

Penn...when he's good, he's really good. Examples: Mystic River, Milk, Dead Man Walking.

But then there are the flicks in which I think he's terrible and/or the movie is. Examples: I Am Sam, Casualties of War.

Kilmer...a good funny man (Real Genius, one of my favorite comedies) and great at drama (The Doors, Heat). He's the man here!

Bacon...even when the movie sucks (and it sometimes does), his performance is pretty reliable in any genre. Still, Val's better.

Robbins...yeah, i loved Shawshank but it's because of Bob Gunton and Morgan Freeman. He played a good dumb jock in Bull Durham but when it comes down to it, he's not as good as these other 3 guys.

Forgot to mention heat and tombstone. 2 more good performances especially as doc.

Honestly I think they're all boring and I wouldn't go to see a movie because any of them were in it.
  • Like 1

Similar opinion.

Forgot to mention heat and tombstone. 2 more good performances especially as doc.

I did mention Heat and I haven't seen Tombstone.

Similar opinion.

I forgot to mention them, not you. SEE TOMBSTONE NOW!

Similar opinion.

I forgot to mention them, not you. SEE TOMBSTONE NOW!

Yeah, I keep hearing that. :hail: