What Music have you Bought recently?

OldRUSHfan

My latest records was:

Queen - News Of The World 40th anniversary box set (vinyl record, analog reissue + 3 CDs. First CD is original CD with 2011 remastering, second CD is "raw sessions", with demos and such, third CD is BBC sessions + some live songs + instrumental songs) and then its a DVD with a new documentary with stuff taken from the 1977 News Of The World Tour (have not seen this one yet), and then last its a big book with lots of great new (well old photos really, but no one have seen them before...) photos of the band!

Queen - Miracle (vinyl record, 2015 reissue)

Queen - Innuendo (vinyl record, 2015 reissue, already have a original first pressing of this one, but its edited down, this reissue is full album!)

Queen - Made In Heaven (vinyl record, 2015 reissue)

Queen - Flash Gordon (vinyl record, original first pressing)

Queen - A Night At The Opera (vinyl record, original first pressing)

Queen - We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions (40th anniversary single, only 12000 records made!)

Brian May - Another World (vinyl record, original first pressing, picture disc)

Frank Zappa - Live In New York (vinyl record, early pressing, have not yet checked which one yet)

So lots of Queen stuff there...

Edited by YYZumbi
  • Like 2

My latest records was:

Queen - News Of The World 40th anniversary box set (vinyl record, analog reissue + 3 CDs. First CD is original CD with 2011 remastering, second CD is "raw sessions", with demos and such, third CD is BBC sessions + some live songs + instrumental songs) and then its a DVD with a new documentary with stuff taken from the 1977 News Of The World Tour (have not seen this one yet), and then last its a big book with lots of great new (well old photos really, but no one have seen them before...) photos of the band!

Queen - Innuendo (vinyl record, 2015 reissue, already have a original first pressing of this one, but its edited down, this reissue is full album!)

Queen - We Will Rock You / We Are The Champions (40th anniversary single, only 12000 records made!)

Frank Zappa - Live In New York (vinyl record, early pressing, have not yet checked which one yet)

Hey! I haven't seen you in ages, how is it going?

My latest records was:

Hey there. Well I have been busy, Im working a lot, besides I´m not really listening to Rush anymore (have not listened to them for almost a year now (?)), no idea why, I just don´t feel like listening to them anymore, so kinda weird being on a Rush forum then...

But all is good with me. What about you?

Edited by YYZumbi

In the past week, I've bought these:

- The 4 KISS solo albums from 1978 SHM Cds

I don't know what they did with the KISS SHM CDs...

...I have everything from "KISS" to "Dynasty", "Alive!", "Alive II", "Double Platinum" and the four solo albums on SHM and they just sound fantastic.

My latest records was:

Hey there. Well I have been busy, Im working a lot, besides I´m not really listening to Rush anymore (have not listened to them for almost a year now (?)), no idea why, I just don´t feel like listening to them anymore, so kinda weird being on a Rush forum then...

Oh that is great! What are you doing now? And I am not too bad. Still alternating between happy/miserable haha

I have been enjoying Rush a fair bit lately after nearly two years of disinterest.

My latest records was:

Oh that is great! What are you doing now? And I am not too bad. Still alternating between happy/miserable haha

I have been enjoying Rush a fair bit lately after nearly two years of disinterest.

You wondering what I´m working with? Well I'm a cleaner in a big shopping mall, been working with that for about 5 months now. Not a dream job, but it is all right, and it gives me money to buy stuff that is my dream (vinyl records :P ) And the hours is great! I start working 6:00, and my day end at 11:15, so I got rest of the day to do whatever I want!

• Like 1

At the record store up in La I went to after I saw Morrissey and Bill Idol with my ma:

The Cure-High (cd)

Depeche Mode-Music For The Masses (cd)

Beck Hansen-Sea Change (cd)

The Cure-Why Can't I Be You? 12" remix backed by A Japanese Dream (Vinyl)

I wanted a Smiths cd but the only one they had (the Queen Is Dead) was 15$ so I didn't get it sadly.

Edited by Permanent-Rush
  • Like 1

Got a crapload Of vinyl on Black Friday, small business Saturday and cyber Monday.

Deftones - Deftones (Should arrive in mail today according to tracking)

Tom Petty - You’re Gonna Get It! (Warner reissue)

Soundgarden - Down On The Upside

Pete Townsend - Empty Glass, All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes

Steve Martin - A Wild And Crazy Guy

Creedence Clearwater Revival - Pendulum

Eagles - Eagles

Bob Dylan - Desire

Journey - Evolution

:rush: - All The World’s A Stage

George Harrison - 33 1/3

Edited by invisible airwave
  • Like 1

A bootleg dvd of Tom Petty's last concert.

I honestly thought that the dvd bootleg of his last concert in LA would be just that. And somehow I had the quality of Tapehead and others Rush bootlegs in my mind as well.

Anyone can copy vids off of youtube and present them as his last concert. That's exactly what I got - a cut and paste job. The quality? Rush boots from the seventies were better.

Live and learn.

If it wasn't for the stunning performance by Mike during Runnin' Down A Dream, I'd return it. For that one alone, I will keep it.

Who Built the Moon - Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Sleep Well Beast - The National

Reputation - Taylor Swift

I love Reputation.

• Like 1

On iTunes I just purchased:

Bully - Shinedown

Enemies - Shinedown

State of my head - Shinedown

Liz Phair - Supernova

Arkells - Knocking on the door

Edited by Leanne

Recent vinyl purchases:

T Rex - Electric Warrior

Smashing Pumpkins- Gish

Rolling Stones - Some Girls

Queen - A Day At The Races

Tom Petty - Long After Dark

David Bowie - The Rise yada yada yada Mars

Journey - Infinity

Prince - 1999 (my senior year of high school btw)

Heart - Dreamboat Annie

Led Zeppelin - Presence

Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This