Not The 50th Anniversary Of "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band Thread! This Soundtrack Of This Film Rules! Frampton! Bee Gees! Pleasance! Martin!

RUSHHEAD666

Guys! Japan just reissued "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club" soundtrack in a cardboard mini sleeve! It's beautiful. The logo on the cardboard cover is raised like the original vinyl release.

I have always loved this movie and this incredible soundtrack.

I still can't believe this movie has not been remastered with bonus materiel and pressed on a blu-ray!

Do you guys like this movie???

It's up there next to "Tommy" for me!!!

You kill me! I remember seeing it the theater on original release. You could feel Frampton's fall from rock guitar god to teen idol laughing stock as the film rolled on. Peter cashed in, but in the end it really cost him.
  • Like 1

Oh good Lord I remember when this came on HBO. Back then HBO would send you a guide magazine each month with the scheduled programming. I must've seen this about 20 times during the month or two it was shown. Along with Scanners, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the Eyes of Laura Mars.
  • Like 3

Oh good Lord I remember when this came on HBO. Back then HBO would send you a guide magazine each month with the scheduled programming. I must've seen this about 20 times during the month or two it was shown. Along with Scanners, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the Eyes of Laura Mars.

Scanners, Invasion of the Body Snatchers and the Eyes of Laura Mars .. I love those three, and remember exactly with HBO

I Hvent seen that movie since it was in the theater. Can't remember much about it really.

Lucky.

sgt-peppers-6.png

http://nowstreamingpod.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/THANK-GOD-FOR-SILENCE.jpg

Edited by goose

Oh my I had such high hopes for the movie but it just fell flat for me. :eh: Even though I loved Frampton and the BeeGees, they couldn't take the place of the lads from Liverpool :wub:

You kill me! I remember seeing it the theater on original release. You could feel Frampton's fall from rock guitar god to teen idol laughing stock as the film rolled on. Peter cashed in, but in the end it really cost him.

Hahaha! That's what I was born to do! Trying to stay original on a public forum is tough!

Funny story, I had to Uber to Walnut Creek BART yesterday to hit the A's game and then go into the city to see the Warrior win and then to Jean Luc Ponty.

Epic weekend.

So my Uber driver was the amazing talented Steven Pearl from the late 80's and early 90's stand up. He knew everyone on Hollywood.

He told me jokes and stories all the way to my quick destination.

Steven Pearl was so over the top. He knew Rodney, Robin, Billy, Sam Kinison, Dice.

I can't believe Steven was my Uber driver.

We instantly bonded.

He is a Legend man. Go on Youtube and look up Comics Gone Wild.

X RATED.

BEWARE MINORS.

This is the Video Vertigo section so I think it's fitting that I mention this moment.

Steven Pearl is truly a Pearl..

Signed,

Earl The Pearl Monroe

• Like 1

I Hvent seen that movie since it was in the theater. Can't remember much about it really.

You two boys are lucky! I was too young to see it in the theater!

I remember seeing "TOMMY" at The Dome in Pleasant Hill Ca when I was a kid.

Missed that one too.

Holy Cow!

Ed! Are we the same age?

Are you serious????

I had that little black box on my TV too. HBO, Cinemax. I can't believe you. I loved sneaking out to the TV when my mom and dad and little brother were asleep. I loved "Scanners." I loved "Invasion!" The Donald Sutherland version creeped me out for years. Like Halloween III. God! I am in a huge John Carpenter mode. The "Halloween" soundtrack is playing now. Then I am going to watch "Village Of The Damned" remake with Christopher Reeve!" RIP

"The Eyes Of Laura Mars" was EPIC when I was a kid. You know that John Carpenter wrote it but didn't direct it!

I remember seeing "Tommy" on HBO way back then.

That movie changed my life.

Hence I instantly fell in love with The Who. Even before my obsession with RUSH.

When I was 14 I saw The Who and The Clash in Oakland in 1982.

Incredible.

Lucky.

sgt-peppers-6.png

Lucky.

sgt-peppers-6.png

No way Goose! I don't agree at all!!!

I am going to write to many blu-ray companies. Sort of what Lucas did.

This movie is EPIC!

FIVE STARS!

If anyone can cover the Beatles it's the Bee Gees with Frampton.

Come on man! Donald Pleasance is the record producer!!! HALLOWEEN!

You are CRA CRA!

Billy Preston coming down with the horn.

Aerosmith.

Steve Martin.

George Burns! OH GOD!!! YOU KILL ME!

You are nuts.

The movie is FIVE STARS!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

It's terrible. I don't see how anyone could watch this and think otherwise haha

It's putting me in the mood to replay the original album though!

Bee Gees and Frampton can sing their asses off, no question. But this was SUPER cheesy ! :D

I think my favorite part was Alice Cooper's creepy rendition of Because...

I love to be "Sailing The Seas Of Cheese!" I grew up with this movie when I was a kid. FIVE STARS.

• Like 1

I remember I looked forward to it because Peter Frampton was in it. I think I saw at half a dozen times just because of that. It was kind of hokey but it was entertaining. And speaking of Tommy, I think I saw that at the theater at least a dozen times. Those were the days. Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 2

I remember I looked forward to it because Peter Frampton was in it. I think I saw at half a dozen times just because of that. It was kind of hokey but it was entertaining. And speaking of Tommy, I think I saw that at the theater at least a dozen times. Those were the days.

Wow! You and I really have many connections!

I'm 49 and I will always LOVE LOVE LOVE "Sgt." and "Tommy!"

Being such the "Halloween" nerd it's so cool that Pleasance was the greedy record executive in the film.

I love Donald.

I keep hoping that some video company will put "Thank God It's Friday" on blu-ray. Yet another classic I loved as a kid. Great movie and yet another EPCI soundtrack! JMO

They finally reissued "Saturday Night Fever" in the original R-rated director's cut. Brutal but mind-blowing.

Apparently DISCO was so huge back then the decided to pull the R-rated version from theaters and make a PG rated version for more profit.

I remember seeing the uncut version on HBO or Cinemax.

Crazy.

• Like 1

I remember I looked forward to it because Peter Frampton was in it. I think I saw at half a dozen times just because of that. It was kind of hokey but it was entertaining. And speaking of Tommy, I think I saw that at the theater at least a dozen times. Those were the days.

Being such the "Halloween" nerd it's so cool that Pleasance was the greedy record executive in the film.

I love Donald.

I keep hoping that some video company will put "Thank God It's Friday" on blu-ray. Yet another classic I loved as a kid. Great movie and yet another EPCI soundtrack! JMO

They finally reissued "Saturday Night Fever" in the original R-rated director's cut. Brutal but mind-blowing.

Apparently DISCO was so huge back then the decided to pull the R-rated version from theaters and make a PG rated version for more profit.

Crazy.

SNF was pg? It's been a long time since I saw it in the theater but how did they get away with that rating with the scene in the back of the car?

I love Donald.

Crazy.

SNF was pg? It's been a long time since I saw it in the theater but how did they get away with that rating with the scene in the back of the car?

The original release of SNF was R. With that car scene. Because the movie was a hit they decided to edit the R Rated version to make a PG version to bring in more revenue since disco was HOT back then.