Best covers you have ever heard

fraroc

I have two on the top of my head, First is Domine's cover of Stargazer by Rainbow. HOLY SHIT is it good. To see the song that pretty much started symphonic metal performed with heaver guitars and more 80s-90s esque production is just amazing...It's like the fully heaviness of the song was totally brought out in a way that stayed true to the original. Dream Theater, I felt tried too hard to make it sound extra heavy.

The second is a much softer song. It's a cover of Norwegian Wood by Tim Donahue. I already talked about Tim Donahue in another topic, he's an absolutley amazing guitarist and one of the few to play the fretless guitar and the electric harp guitar. The original Beatles classic sounded very folk-esque, while Tim Donahue's cover on the fretless harp guitar sounds extremely ethereal and atmospheric....

Domine- Stargazer

Tim Donahue- Norwegian Wood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOiY4WzbXf8

• Like 1

Into the void- soundgarden

I do hope you're joking, because that should be considered a very shameful cover of an outstanding song. The changed lyrics make it sound so pretentious that it makes me want to vomit.

Frankie Goe's To Hollywood / Born To Run (better than the original)

No. But I could see why a non-Springsteen fan would prefer it.

I like Tunnel Of Love. Frankie's version is a roller coaster of energy...I love it!!!

• Like 1

I like Tunnel Of Love. Frankie's version is a roller coaster of energy...I love it!!!

It's a great cover! Another Springsteen cover I love is Vampire Weekends I'm Going Down. That is better than the original in my opinion.

Into the void- soundgarden

I do hope you're joking, because that should be considered a very shameful cover of an outstanding song. The changed lyrics make it sound so pretentious that it makes me want to vomit.

No, was srs. Love that cover

To each their own though