Summertime music

Just sitting here at work with all the windows and bay doors open .. Bright sun, slight breeze and 82 degrees ..

Not quite the first thing I think of when I think "summer", but regardless, this is sounding pretty good right now

Iron_Maiden_Killers.jpg

• Like 3

Can't not have Van Halen. Period.

Somehow Diver Down seems to work best at this.

In particular, yes. Great call.

I know it's not everyone's favorite Van Halen record, but this is a BIG reason why it's one of mine. It ABSOULTELY feels like summer.

Another SUMMER record from start to finish:

Joe Walsh - But Seriously, Folks.

• Like 2

Madness, Specials, Maiden, love listening to them all - not that I think of them as summer music. On a side note, just had 2 bottles of Madness Lager, called Gladness. Not a bad drink, tastes stronger than it actually is(4.2%).

As for summer music though:

Smash Mouth - All Star

Len - Steal My Sunshine

Rupert Holmes - Escape

The Style Council - Long Hot Summer

Big Breasted Girls Go To The Beach And Take Their Tops Off (Return of the Killer Tomatoes Soundtrack)

Dodgy - Good Enough

• Like 1

Madness, Specials, Maiden, love listening to them all - not that I think of them as summer music. On a side note, just had 2 bottles of Madness Lager, called Gladness. Not a bad drink, tastes stronger than it actually is(4.2%).

As for summer music though:

Smash Mouth - All Star

Len - Steal My Sunshine

Rupert Holmes - Escape

The Style Council - Long Hot Summer

Big Breasted Girls Go To The Beach And Take Their Tops Off (Return of the Killer Tomatoes Soundtrack)

Dodgy - Good Enough

I actually got Smash Mouths Astro Lounge album a few days before high school graduation. Not a band I would listen to today but I love listening for the Nostalgia of summer 99.

Speaking of Summer 99, For The Movies and Lit Up by Buckcherry come to mind. Listened to that album a lot at the time as well. Ditto Enema of the State by Blink and Place In The Sun by Lit. My last punk pop hurrah until I got into classic 80s Alternative goth and new wave in college.

• Like 2

Time for summer of 2018 music

Love the guitar and a drums on this live version of 606-0842. I saw the B-52's two summers ago and had a blast. I danced this mess around, for sure.

The Cat 3 ?

http://youtu.be/SavKxJYPtUI

Edited by custom55
  • Like 3

SiriusXM has a new all Beach Boys channel! I had it on for about 2 hours today while gardening. It was lots of experimental and rarely heard stuff (today anyway) so fun and interesting to hear. :heart:
  • Like 3

Happy Summer Solstice 2018

Just listened to Fred and Kate interviewed today oddly enough on John Fugelsang’s Tell Me Everything talk show on Sirius XM Insight. Good Stuff takes me back to 92 Summer when it got constant MTV rotation for a month.

“Tickle your nose!” :LOL:

Edited by invisible airwave

Can't be summer without listening to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band :sundog: :smoke:

Also the Doors...Hello I love you :codger:

Edited by Rhyta
  • Like 2

Can't be summer without listening to Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band :sundog: :smoke:

Also the Doors...Hello I love you :codger:

Cruising with the Alive She Cried ep playing. I still have that tshirt.