Who likes to cook?

I DO, I DO!

That wasn't always the case. For a very long time the extent of my cooking knowledge stopped at being able to make spaghetti.

However, I have since learned that it is actually surprisingly easy to make delicious meals of various sorts, and can be lots of fun just to experiment with trying different combinations of ingredients.

YAY FOR COOKING!

• Like 9

Love cooking, BBQ'ing and baking.

I cook twice a week and try to BBQ once a week. I BBQ all year, even in snowstorms.

Wednesdays I usually use the crockpot to slow cook a meal.

Oh, usually everything is from scratch, even with making my own pie crusts.

• Like 5

I love cooking, and wandering around the market looking for things that I can put together

Not saying I am good, and it can certainly be hit and miss, but I really enjoy it ...

I posted something a short time back about how the aroma of the cilantro in the vegetable section of the market was fantastic .. And that alone inspired me to improvise my own soup concoction, so I just went around putting things that I like in the cart, which eventually became The Soup Of Destiny

:LOL:

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 6

I like cooking or even just helping out with cooking. I've been cooking dinner for my family for a bit over ten years now and I still enjoy it, even if what I happen to make is fairly simple.
  • Like 4

I DO, I DO!

That wasn't always the case. For a very long time the extent of my cooking knowledge stopped at being able to make spaghetti.

However, I have since learned that it is actually surprisingly easy to make delicious meals of various sorts, and can be lots of fun just to experiment with trying different combinations of ingredients.

YAY FOR COOKING!

Me too. I do like cooking special different meals, including baked stuff. :yes:

I also cook warm sweets and salty dishes.

For example: a sweet made of cooked rice. It's yummy. :)

• Like 3

I love cooking, and wandering around the market looking for things that I can put together

Not saying I am good, and it can certainly be hit and miss, but I really enjoy it ...

I posted something a short time back about how the aroma of the cilantro in the vegetable section of the market was fantastic .. And that alone inspired me to improvise my own soup concoction, so I just went around putting things that I like in the cart, which eventually became The Soup Of Destiny

:laughing guy:

Soup Of Destiny! Awesome name!

:)

• Like 2

Great thread...I love food!

I would really like to know how to cook a greater range of things than I do. I'm fairly limited. If I had the time, though, I'd love to.

• Like 2

I make chocolate bliss cheesecake from scratch, and it blows people away.

Yes, I do like to cook!

• Like 2

My Mom taught me how to make French toast, Bread, eggs milk and vanilla extract, Spaghetti, Chicken and Dumplings, Pancakes, eggs goldenrod, (for when my stomach wasn't up to snuff, and had to have non spicy content...Learned to grill from my Dad, BBQing and such...everything since then has mostly been trusting my observations and experimentation! Love to cook and bake though. Make soups also...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20chef%201%20cr.jpg

• Like 1

:laughing guy:

Soup Of Destiny! Awesome name!

:)

...in a parallel universe at Bistro Lucas...

Diner: Excuse me waiter! What's the soup of the day?

Waiter: Destiny!

Diner: Ok, I'll have that, a plate of Fate, and a bottle of Circumstances.

Waiter: Very good. I'll be right back with your Circumstances.

:hail:

:blaze:

• Like 1

I make chocolate bliss cheesecake from scratch, and it blows people away.

Yes, I do like to cook!

Great!

I like to eat!

The cheesecake is on its way! You owe me $75.00 for shipping and handling. ;)

• Like 1

Great thread...I love food!

I would really like to know how to cook a greater range of things than I do. I'm fairly limited. If I had the time, though, I'd love to.

Just experiment around with different ingredients. Sometimes the result is not so good . . . just chalk that up as a mistake you won't repeat.

• Like 1

I do 99% of the grocery shopping and cooking. It's all by feel and taste. grilling/smoking is my specialty but I can whip up just about anything with a good blend of seasoning. Cajun flavored dishes are my go to in the kitchen

Just have to have plenty of cold beer and/or wine on hand before beginning! :cheers:

Edited by Mystic Rythm

I cook most days but it's always something simple. The stove and oven deserve the bulk of the credit. They're the ones doing all the work.

Yes, you should appreciate the machinery but a car doesn't drive itself. And a terrible driver can steer its passengers to a really horrible meal. Wait a minute, what I'm talking about?

Spoon

In my hand

Scooping and stirring

The oven is working

All four burners surge

:P

I love to cook, and my wife thinks I cook as well as many chefs.
  • Like 2

Nah, that's why I'm on soylent.

SOYLENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!!!!!