Photobucket is having continuing problems...

OldRUSHfan

Don't start up with Photobucket for awhile... They're having trouble keeping things 'ship shape' as it were. And I've been there for free since I started up in the early 2000s. Now they want me to 'subscribe'. I told them "FIX THIS PLACE AND I MAY consider it" Anyway, the reason you see all the 'broken pic' images in my sig and posts, are because Photobucket IS my photo hosting site. This really SUX(6000).

:banana:

Photobucket's been having problems for years. I rarely can go over there and not get 1 million pop-up pages. I usually give up.
  • Like 2

Photobucket's been having problems for years. I rarely can go over there and not get 1 million pop-up pages. I usually give up.

I have about 99% of 'popups' blocked on my browser, and also I have ADBLOCKER as one of the ad ons to my browser.... almost NO popups now....except the ones generated by Photobucket itself, and that's only the 'subscribe' one.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/drinking%20sunbtathing%20%20banana%20sm.jpg

Edited by OldRUSHfan

I have about 99% of 'popups' blocked on my browser, and also I have ADBLOCKER as one of the ad ons to my browser.... almost NO popups now....except the ones generated by Photobucket itself, and that's only the 'subscribe' one.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/drinking%20sunbtathing%20%20banana%20sm.jpg

I finally gave up on them. I switched to Imgur recently. It is free also and pretty much the same thing but without all the slowness and those weird pop ups. I left my old stuff in my Photobucket account but started putting anything new in my Imgur one.

Edited by blueschica
  • Like 2

As you may be able to see, they're back up again.....not looking to transfer my bunch of pics to a new place....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angrybanana.gif

I had Photobucket for quite a while - it enabled me to send the pics by email to the account, and then an email would come back a short while later, saying: "Congratulations! You have successfully uploaded your photo". Anyway, after a while, I tried to put in another one and this time no returning email appeared. So I checked Photobucket in case it had uploaded the image, but alas not. Maybe it was delayed, which is understandable. So I tried again with the same image and... nope. So I tried with a variety of others. Nope. Nada. Zilch. No returning emails. No nothing. In the end, I thought: "Screw this for a lark" and deleted my account.
  • Like 1

I mean just ads. I couldn't even upload anything. I have pop up blocker on my computer and I still was getting diverted to funky pages. It's even worse on my phone. It's a rare day that I can go over an access my photos normally. I've heard they've had a lot of problems with viruses there. I believe it.

• Like 2

I finally gave up on them. I switched to Imgur recently. It is free also and pretty much the same thing but without all the slowness and those weird pop ups. I left my old stuff in my Photobucket account but started putting anything new in my Imgur one.

I may do that.

• Like 2

I mean just ads. I couldn't even upload anything. I have pop up blocker on my computer and I still was getting diverted to funky pages. It's even worse on my phone. It's a rare day that I can go over an access my photos normally. I've heard they've had a lot of problems with viruses there. I believe it.

Don't surprize me none....lol

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/angrybanana.gif

What is this 3rd party hosting shit about? Does that mean that photobucket isn't free any longer?
  • Like 1

What is this 3rd party hosting shit about? Does that mean that photobucket isn't free any longer?

As of now, it's only free as an online photo album...But you have to pay if you want to post those pictures on another site...which is the entire point in my having a photobucket account in the first place!

I got those 3rd-Party hosting messages some time last week in place of my signature gifs.

I have since closed my photobucket account, and opened an Imgur account, which, so far, I have no complaints with.

Edited by Your_Lion
  • Like 4

As of now, it's only free as an online photo album...But you have to pay if you want to post those pictures on another site...which is the entire point in my having a photobucket account in the first place!

I got those 3rd-Party hosting messages some time last week in place of my signature gifs.

I have since closed my photobucket account, and opened an Imgur account, which, so far, I have no complaints with.

Thanks Tobi. :cheers: I think I will try Imgur later.

• Like 2

Yup. F*&^K'em. :madra: :yes:

:nya nya:

:banana:

• Like 3

Same here.

:cheers: Your Lion

Just thinking about it...I imagine 99% of the images I posted on TRF now have that 3rd Party Hosting crap message up instead of the pics I originally put up. That really sucks actually

• Like 2

Same here.

:cheers: Your Lion

Just thinking about it...I imagine 99% of the images I posted on TRF now have that 3rd Party Hosting crap message up instead of the pics I originally put up. That really sucks actually

I can hear you Johnny! Photofuckin'bucketbastards! :madra:

Imgur works fine so far, even better. Thanks again Tobi. Now let's see how long they survive, not asking for the big money.

• Like 3

Just imagine the look on Photobucket's faces when they notice masses of people jumping ship :LOL:
  • Like 3

Just imagine the look on Photobucket's faces when they notice masses of people jumping ship :LOL:

http://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2432/3928388808_259a2e09dd_m.jpg

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!!

• Like 1

As you may be able to see, they're back up again.....not looking to transfer my bunch of pics to a new place....

Now i'm in the process of transferring everything to imgur. I figgered out how to make it work, and now I'M HAPPY AGAIN!!!

http://i.imgur.com/a2nNMpd.png

• Like 1

I opened an Imgur account but it's kind of weird. Still trying to figure out what they are trying to be. It's kind of like an odd cross between Instagram and Twitter.

photobucket has been the same since like 2010 lol. it's very outdated.
  • Like 1