Quest to discover TRF's favourite Lifeson guitar solo - Part 8: Moving Pictures

Brucey

Moving Pictures guitar solos  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which song contains your favourite guitar solo?

• Tom Sawyer
    • Red Barchetta
    • YYZ
    • Limelight
    • The Camera Eye
    • Witch Hunt
    • Vital Signs

This is worse than PeW. Literally every solo here is one of Lifeson's greatest ever. I really have to think about this.
  • Like 1

i think freewill gets my vote. i like the solo in the trees a lot too.i think limelight is probably the most well know solo by non rush fans.

gotta put spirit of radio up there as well too.i like all the guitar work in jacobs ladder,and the solo in the orignal is mind numbing awesome.

i think freewill gets my vote. i like the solo in the trees a lot too.i think limelight is probably the most well know solo by non rush fans.

gotta put spirit of radio up there as well too.i like all the guitar work in jacobs ladder,and the solo in the orignal is mind numbing awesome.

Cool, but at the moment we're just focusing on the solos on Moving Pictures. Once we get through all the studio albums then we'll start comparing solos from different albums.

Just changed my vote to Limelight. The energy of Tom Sawyer gets it an extremely close second. I remember when I saw them play both of these songs on the Permanent Waves tour right before going into the studio and how different these solos were played live. Understandably, as Alex was developing them both. It was great to hear how he finalized them when Moving Pictures was released. Edited by Earthshine

This album really does have a lot of those Alex moments.

I really like the one in Tom Sawyer.

I really like the one in Limelight.

I'll go listen to both and decide which one I like more.

Edit: Good thing i listened to TS first. I only needed ten seconds of Limelight to know that it's the winning song.

Edited by Lorraine