Do you consider Moving Pictures to be a perfect album, a masterpiece?

• Please log in to reply
346 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you consider Moving Pictures to be a perfect album, a masterpiece? (84 member(s) have cast votes)

1. Yes (53 votes [63.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 63.10%

2. No (22 votes [26.19%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 26.19%

3. Unsure (9 votes [10.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#321 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30310 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 07:04 PM

Listening to it now for the first time in a few months.

I fell in love with it back in '81 when I was 9. It wasn't the first Rush album I had heard but it was the one that truly started my addiction.

My favorite album of all time, and the most important one.

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

Sponsored Post

#322 Nate2112

Nate2112

The Lil' Eskimo

• Members *
  • 3070 posts
  • Interests:Writing, Worldbuilding, Mapmaking, Programming, Composing Music

Posted 26 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

No. One of my bottom Rush albums, on tier with the debut, Roll the Bones, Permanent Waves, 2112 and Fly by Night.

#323 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30049 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:41 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 25 October 2017 - 07:04 PM, said:

I fell in love with it back in '81 when I was 9. It wasn't the first Rush album I had heard but it was the one that truly started my addiction.

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

I will never forget back in 1980.  I was 12 years young!  My best friends, two twins Doug and Derek and I went to Rainbow Records to go cassette and vinyl shopping!  They were two years older than me so I asked them which album rocks that I have never heard of before!
They took me to the Rush cassette section and pulled out "Permanent Waves."  I took one look at the cover and said to them.  "Guys, I can tell by this boring black and white cover that this album certainly won't ROCK!  Doug told me that I would be making a big mistake not to buy this cassette.
Like a fuckking fool I passed.

Funny, that was same year I saw my first concert with them.  The Who with The Clash.  EPIC.

Anyway then of course when "Moving Pictures" came out I instantly fell in love and also became obsessed and an addict.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

#324 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30310 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 26 October 2017 - 09:41 PM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

I will never forget back in 1980.  I was 12 years young!  My best friends, two twins Doug and Derek and I went to Rainbow Records to go cassette and vinyl shopping!  They were two years older than me so I asked them which album rocks that I have never heard of before!
They took me to the Rush cassette section and pulled out "Permanent Waves."  I took one look at the cover and said to them.  "Guys, I can tell by this boring black and white cover that this album certainly won't ROCK!  Doug told me that I would be making a big mistake not to buy this cassette.

Funny, that was same year I saw my first concert with them.  The Who with The Clash.  EPIC.

Anyway then of course when "Moving Pictures" came out I instantly fell in love and also became obsessed and an addict.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.
As a 10 year old 5th grader and more than well-versed in Rushism by then, I went to my first gig with 3 of my older Blaze bros. That was for the Signals tour.

MTV has been ripped for the last few decades (and rightly so!) for producing and airing garbage. But in those first few years of MTV's existence, they really did play a lot of Rush. Without a doubt, you could catch something off Moving Pictures or Signals every hour or two back then. It definitely had a big influence on me and thousands (if not millions) of fans and soon-to-be fans. :hail:

#325 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30049 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:04 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 26 October 2017 - 09:58 PM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.
As a 10 year old 5th grader and more than well-versed in Rushism by then, I went to my first gig with 3 of my older Blaze bros. That was for the Signals tour.

MTV has been ripped for the last few decades (and rightly so!) for producing and airing garbage. But in those first few years of MTV's existence, they really did play a lot of Rush. Without a doubt, you could catch something off Moving Pictures or Signals every hour or two back then. It definitely had a big influence on me and thousands (if not millions) of fans and soon-to-be fans. :hail:

I know my Brother Blaze!  WE ARE LUCKY!!!!

I remember watching the first day of MTV!

"VIDEO KILLED THE RADIO STAR!"  First music video ever played on there!!

Now these kids have no clue what they are doing.

They are addicted to the fuckking internet, their "Dumbphones."

It's so funny how humans today love to download their shit and that's it!

I only have APPLE Music because my Audi doesn't have a fuckking cd player!

It makes me soooooo mad!

There are millions of albums not even on Apple Musick.

Breaker by ACCEPT has been deleted on Apple Musuck

No early Def Leppard albums on Apple.

I know.  Mercury Records suck.

It's not all APPLE's fault but man it is so stupid to me.

One day if the entire grid crashes and everything online will "FADE TO BLACK" I will be happy to still have all of my hardcopies.
And yes JB, most Japanese pressings!  I should have invested in a Tower Records Japan Franchise instead.

I'm going to contact The Buggles and Weird Al tomorrow morning.

I have a brand new song I am going to write tonight and then pitch it to them.

The title of my new song is called.

"Internet Killed The Video Star"

#326 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30310 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:09 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 27 October 2017 - 01:04 AM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.

It's be done. 3rd track.

http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Get_Sharp

#327 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30049 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:13 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 27 October 2017 - 01:09 AM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.

It's be done. 3rd track.

http://en.m.wikipedi.../wiki/Get_Sharp

OMG JB!

OF COURSE!

It's so hard to be original anymore in this reality!  UGH!

How can one find something different and original?
It's not about making money.
It's not about finding fame or success.
It's just about being unique in this cesspool of mediocrity.

How JB?????

I try to be different, yet I am always too late.

"Too Late For Love"

Def Leppard

#328 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 84579 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:21 AM

:D-13:

#329 treeduck

treeduck

Tenacious T

• Members *
  • 84579 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:24 AM

Yes (49 votes [62.03%] - View)

Na na na, Super25Smasher, Cyclonus X-1, JohnRogers, Ancient Ways, Stormtron, Justus_2112, prolix, canadianice, Entre_Perpetuo, RUSHHEAD666, ReRushed, Pound of Obscure, J2112YYZ, gup84, djflex, greyfriar, Blue Barchetta, Lurkst, JohnnyBlaze, Mithrandir, Cygnus 2112, vital signz, Sticklight, Enemy Within, EagleMoon, Earthshine, Disk98, pjbear05, By Tor, toddlimelight, Mystic Slipperman, patjnev, apetersvt, tigerstu81, Empty Mindless Spectre, Phantom, GeddyLeeRoth, Rushman14, Chicken hawk, MusicHead, Rutlefan, wild_kinetic_dreams, DistantEarlySignals, Todem, latheofheaven, Rushman2112, TexMike, cygnify

No (21 votes [26.58%] - View)

Texas King, Bigbobby10, bluefox4000, Lucas, Lorraine, Your_Lion, rftag, 78jazz, rocket ignites, TheAccountant, thirteen, yyz305, pxr5, ytserush, Brucey, GabesCavesOfIce, diatribein, Motorshooter, Robber Soul, driventotheedge, Nate2112

Unsure (9 votes [11.39%] - View)

Geddy Jazz, Drummerrobin, NewWorldScott, tas7, Wil1972, vaportrailer, YYZ Working Man, Grover, Partialgrace

#330 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 54072 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:00 AM

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.

But do you know the SECOND video they ever played?  If not, you better run and find out!

#331 goose

goose

Honkin' in Nevada

• Members *
  • 54072 posts
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 27 October 2017 - 04:02 AM

View Posttreeduck, on 27 October 2017 - 01:24 AM, said:

Texas King, Bigbobby10, bluefox4000, Lucas, Lorraine, Your_Lion, rftag, 78jazz, rocket ignites, TheAccountant, thirteen, yyz305, pxr5, ytserush, Brucey, GabesCavesOfIce, diatribein, Motorshooter, Robber Soul, driventotheedge, Nate2112

Exposed!

#332 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

The Ghost Rider

• Members *
  • 30310 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:58 AM

View Postgoose, on 27 October 2017 - 04:02 AM, said:

Exposed!

I see 3 who probably think Moving Pictures is the worst album they've ever heard. :P
Joking but not joking :unsure:

#333 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30049 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:33 PM

View Postgoose, on 27 October 2017 - 04:00 AM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.

But do you know the SECOND video they ever played?  If not, you better run and find out!

I don't know the second video they ever played!!!

#334 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10921 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 27 October 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.

clue:

Posted Image

#335 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10921 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Exposed!

Posted Image

Edited by Lucas, 27 October 2017 - 10:47 PM.

#336 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

Holy Tai Shan!!!

• Members *
  • 24067 posts
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:01 PM

Exposed!
Deport them!

#337 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30049 posts

Posted 27 October 2017 - 11:08 PM

View PostLucas, on 27 October 2017 - 10:42 PM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.

clue:

Posted Image

It's Pat of course!  Love her!  But no clue!  Didn't cheat!  I lost interest after "Crimes Of Passion!"  "Hit Me?"

#338 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10921 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:36 AM

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 27 October 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.

clue:

Posted Image

It's Pat of course!  Love her!  But no clue!  Didn't cheat!  I lost interest after "Crimes Of Passion!"  "Hit Me?"

You Better Run !!

#339 Lucas

Lucas

Leave That Wrench Alone

• Members
  • 10921 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 01:43 AM

I just found this - pretty interesting, esp Iron Maiden's "Iron Maiden" at number 16

https://en.wikipedia...os_aired_on_MTV

#340 RUSHHEAD666

RUSHHEAD666

My name is Earl

• Members
  • 30049 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostLucas, on 28 October 2017 - 01:36 AM, said:

View PostRUSHHEAD666, on 27 October 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

Masterpiece.

Perfection.

So here we are JB.

RUSH FOREVER!

Yup.

clue:

Posted Image

You Better Run !!

That's a cover song!  Crazy!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users