Do you consider Moving Pictures to be a perfect album, a masterpiece?

Texas King

Do you consider Moving Pictures to be a perfect album, a masterpiece?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider Moving Pictures to be a perfect album, a masterpiece?

Moving Pictures is an excellent, incredibly consistent album, however, I do not consider it a masterpiece

There is too much restraint for my tastes to consider it anything more than what preceded it

• Like 2

You "No" or "Unsure" voters need to log out. Then go sit in a dark quiet corner to think aboot yourselves, really do deep introspection. After a few hours of that give Moving Pictures another listen. Really question whether you should log back in.
  • Like 8

You "No" or "Unsure" voters need to log out. Then go sit in a dark quiet corner to think aboot yourselves, really do deep introspection. After a few hours of that give Moving Pictures another listen. Really question whether you should log back in.

Are you constipated again?

• Like 2

I wasn't till this Tai Shan showed up! Aren't we arguing this another thread? Why is this being debated at all???

• Like 2

I wasn't till this Tai Shan showed up! Aren't we arguing this another thread? Why is this being debated at all???

http://youtu.be/tUY05_ZwFzg

i think he wants an official head count with names to turn into Der Kommisar. It will come in handy for future blackmail use.

I see you voted "Yes" John Rogers. Very wise move.

Because I'm not insane!

Oh, okay.

:laughing guy: :laughing guy: :laughing guy:

Yes it is a masterpiece but i am a bit over Tom Sawyer these days.Funny i just seem to skip over opening tracks like Spirit,Farewell to Kings,Subdivisions,Distant Early Warning,Big Money,Force Ten,just heard them too much and some of them are the weaker tracks on the album.I find myself listening to the second side more often if i play it on vinyl.For years i didn't like Alex's guitar tone on the album and i thought the guitar solo on TS was terrible but he followed it up with one of his best on Red Barchetta.But apart from all these trifling little quibbles it is a classic and i am wearing my MP t-shirt today and i will lay my copy of HYF to rest
  • Like 2

I would say yes. In my opinion, there is only one minor flaw: The Camera Eye doesn't need to be as long as it is. It's a good song, but it would have been just as good (if not better) if it were only about 5-6 minutes long.
  • Like 2

It's a great album not perfect. I like all of the songs on the album except Vital Signs. With all due respect to fans of the song I always thought it was a real stinker (the ending is the best part but most of the song sounds like they're channelling Supertramp; it sounds more like a Signals song and I always thought it's positioning as the final track on the album - although it was one of the first recorded - seemed to 'signal' the sonic direction in which they were headed). Edited by rftag