Do you consider Moving Pictures to be a perfect album, a masterpiece?

Texas King

Do you consider Moving Pictures to be a perfect album, a masterpiece?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider Moving Pictures to be a perfect album, a masterpiece?

I have been on this Forum for over 11 years. I probably could have been banned 2112 times by now but this is still my home.

I know who the real Rush fans are on this Board.

http://i1088.photobucket.com/albums/i338/ericesmith1/with_rush_75.jpg

Howard looks like he's begging for any leftover groupies.

He's desperate!

Gene'll bang anybody. HE probably did Howard!

I would say yes. In my opinion, there is only one minor flaw: The Camera Eye doesn't need to be as long as it is. It's a good song, but it would have been just as good (if not better) if it were only about 5-6 minutes long.

Way back when I first listened to Moving Pictures, Camera Eye did nothing for me. I regarded it as filler; I just thought it was way too long and repetitive.

Then at some point - I can't recall when but it was a long time ago - I was listening to the album while dozing off and fell in love with that part that comes at the beginning of the NYC and London parts where there is that repetitive 4 chord pattern where the 4th chord is sustained. I made a loop of that sequence and listened to it again and again and again. I found it so soothingly meditative.

[Kind of ironic since one of the things I initially didn't like about the song is that I thought it was too repetitive.]

It became one of my favorite Rush songs and was thrilled to see it was on some R40 stylists.

I saw two shows on the R40 tour but Camera Eye wasn't in the setlist either time (neither was Natural Science, another song I really wanted to see). My only regret about the R40 tour (fortunately I got to see them play both on live periscope feeds).

I loved Witch Hunt from the first time I heard it (many do not), but never liked Vital Signs (still don't).

This is why I can understand why some may think MP is overrated; a lot of people don't particularly care for any of the songs on side 2 (though for me the only disappointing song on the album is Vital Signs).

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/28/13/40BD02C900000578-4538224-The_Indonesian_city_of_Yogyakarta_is_perhaps_the_only_place_in_t-a-11_1495975038756.jpg

I need a drink like those two Pat. Humans who call themselves RUSH fans, yet bitch about this masterpiece.

I am sure many of these people are kids who have only seen RUSH twice since the Vapor Trails Tour.

Vapor Trails... a masterpiece of shit.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-there-was-a-time-when-fast-playing-and-fretboard-pyrotechnics-on-the-bass-were-important-geddy-lee-17-14-17.jpg

Stupid Fake Rush Fans rip "Hold Your Fire" apart for being so synth and late 80's. Jesus, Geddy's bass rips through that record. "Turn The Page" says it all!

It is a great bass album!

YES! DUCK! Of course I knew you would understand this!!!! I play to "Hold Yer Fire" on the drums every week for good measure. So fun to play.

Idiots rip "Tai Shan" apart. They must not be musicians or perhaps they have their ears filled with shite like Nightwish or Laxative Coil Crap.

My God. The bass and guitar on "Tai Shan" are beautiful.

Nightwish fans only got into RUSH because they thought the lead singer was a woman!

Hahaha! Did you read what Myles wrote to me on the Coil and Nightwish thread?

That little turp should be banned for 10 days for what he said to me.

But I bet he won't even get a warning.

And you wonder why I love to drop F bombs on here and attack the tits?

Classic Forum.

Everyone loves the fuckking drama.

Myles is the ultimate RUSH FRAUD.

I will contact 73 and ask Myles to be banned.

What did he say???

Just check out the Coil and the lame ass NightDish thread.

we need this, we need to hear Les Binks speak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxZ38AE96Vs

I prefer Les Claypool!

I'm not scared of anyone on here and with good reason when some asshole on here attacks me for my musical opinions I will "GO FOR THE THROAT!"

Love,

Y&T

Myles you better "RUN TO THE HILLS" You little fruit cup.

He likes cupcakes.

scary-good-cupcakes-654581l1.jpg

That reminds me.

Where has Ghostie flown off to? Haven't seen the little ghost here in quite some time.

I had intentions of coming here and asking what anyone still had to say after all these years about this album that hasn't already been said a zillion times before, but I see that the thread has taken an interesting turn.

Earl, don't do drugs. They are bad for you. Stick with the Stoli's and cigs.

• Like 1

I had intentions of coming here and asking what anyone still had to say after all these years about this album that hasn't already been said a zillion times before, but I see that the thread has taken an interesting turn.

There's always sex too!

I would say yes. In my opinion, there is only one minor flaw: The Camera Eye doesn't need to be as long as it is. It's a good song, but it would have been just as good (if not better) if it were only about 5-6 minutes long.

Way back when I first listened to Moving Pictures, Camera Eye did nothing for me. I regarded it as filler; I just thought it was way too long and repetitive.

Then at some point - I can't recall when but it was a long time ago - I was listening to the album while dozing off and fell in love with that part that comes at the beginning of the NYC and London parts where there is that repetitive 4 chord pattern where the 4th chord is sustained. I made a loop of that sequence and listened to it again and again and again. I found it so soothingly meditative.

[Kind of ironic since one of the things I initially didn't like about the song is that I thought it was too repetitive.]

It became one of my favorite Rush songs and was thrilled to see it was on some R40 stylists.

I saw two shows on the R40 tour but Camera Eye wasn't in the setlist either time (neither was Natural Science, another song I really wanted to see). My only regret about the R40 tour (fortunately I got to see them play both on live periscope feeds).

I loved Witch Hunt from the first time I heard it (many do not), but never liked Vital Signs (still don't).

This is why I can understand why some may think MP is overrated; a lot of people don't particularly care for any of the songs on side 2 (though for me the only disappointing song on the album is Vital Signs).

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/05/28/13/40BD02C900000578-4538224-The_Indonesian_city_of_Yogyakarta_is_perhaps_the_only_place_in_t-a-11_1495975038756.jpg

I need a drink like those two Pat. Humans who call themselves RUSH fans, yet bitch about this masterpiece.

I am sure many of these people are kids who have only seen RUSH twice since the Vapor Trails Tour.

http://www.azquotes.com/picture-quotes/quote-there-was-a-time-when-fast-playing-and-fretboard-pyrotechnics-on-the-bass-were-important-geddy-lee-17-14-17.jpg

Stupid Fake Rush Fans rip "Hold Your Fire" apart for being so synth and late 80's. Jesus, Geddy's bass rips through that record. "Turn The Page" says it all!

YES! DUCK! Of course I knew you would understand this!!!! I play to "Hold Yer Fire" on the drums every week for good measure. So fun to play.

Idiots rip "Tai Shan" apart. They must not be musicians or perhaps they have their ears filled with shite like Nightwish or Laxative Coil Crap.

Nightwish fans only got into RUSH because they thought the lead singer was a woman!

Classic Forum.

What did he say???

I prefer Les Claypool!

I'm not scared of anyone on here and with good reason when some asshole on here attacks me for my musical opinions I will "GO FOR THE THROAT!"

Love,

Y&T

He likes cupcakes.

That reminds me.

Where has Ghostie flown off to? Haven't seen the little ghost here in quite some time.

He's gone off on a feet smelling expedition!

• Like 1

I have been on this Forum for over 11 years. I probably could have been banned 2112 times by now but this is still my home.

He's desperate!

Gene looks even more f***ed up there than he does now!

He's desperate!

Gene looks even more f***ed up there than he does now!

That's because he just banged Howard!

• Like 1

Classic Forum.

What did he say???

I prefer Les Claypool!

Love,

Y&T

He likes cupcakes.

That reminds me.

Maybe he found a stash of cargo pants somewhere.

There's always sex too!

Did he mention that? I thought he said he had too much meth and vodka and smokes and couldn't even see straight.

Why don't you go see what you can do to help him instead of wooing young ladies in Birmingham??

There's always sex too!

Did he mention that? I thought he said he had too much meth and vodka and smokes and couldn't even see straight.

Why don't you go see what you can do to help him instead of wooing young ladies in Birmingham??

Birmingham?? :eh:

Classic Forum.

What did he say???

I prefer Les Claypool!

Love,

Y&T

He likes cupcakes.

That reminds me.

Maybe he found a stash of cargo pants somewhere.

Or a man in a dark alley!

There's always sex too!

:LOLsign:

I must have Tony on the mind.

So sorry, Treeduck.

Manchester. :angel:

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

He's not from Birmingham either, he's from Bolton!

• Like 1

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

Oh, dear. :(

I'm striking out on all sides.

Well.

Someone other than John Lodge must be from Birmingham.

:)

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

Well.

Bolton isn't far from me!

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

Well.

That's good to know. :codger:

If I ever visit England, I can kill two birds with one stone. :16ton:

Edited by Lorraine

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

Well.

Really kill us??? :bang bang: :blink: :unsure: :wacko:

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

Well.

Only with my charm and wit.

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

Well.

And flashy hairdo?

What does any of this have to do with Moving Pictures?

It's a Witch Hunt!

Here you go, Treeduck. Keep this handy. Just in case.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/I-may-not-be-the-hero-Japan-is-looking-for-but-Ill-be-the-hero-they-need-Im-on-my-way.jpg

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

Well.

And flashy hairdo?

Don't need any flashy dos. My wit and charm are enough. :coy:

There's always sex too!

So sorry, Treeduck.

Well.

And flashy hairdo?

Don't need any flashy dos. My wit and charm are enough. :coy:

What's your hair like?

What does any of this have to do with Moving Pictures?

It's a Witch Hunt!

Here you go, Treeduck. Keep this handy. Just in case.

http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/I-may-not-be-the-hero-Japan-is-looking-for-but-Ill-be-the-hero-they-need-Im-on-my-way.jpg

They're all a little too small. :oops:

• Like 1