Alas, Atlas Shrugged... Our Beautiful "World On Fire!" Not Politics! YNGWIE MALMSTEEN! This Guy RULES! Seeing Him Tonight! EVIL EYE!

So boys and girls, when i went to see Peter Hook And The Light in Berkeley California a few weeks ago I saw an Yngwie Malmsteen Poster on the glass door at the venue. My eyes almost popped out of my head!

I bought a ticket to see him on May 27th. Well the show is tonight. I am listening to "World On Fire" right now and my mind is blown!

I know many of you despise Yngwie for his Beethoven shredding but I don't care! When I was a kid I fell in love with 1984's "RISING FORCE."

It's one of the greatest shred records of all time!

I love classical music on the guitar.

This guy fuckking rules. Damn an F BOMB!

Sorry

I saw Malmsteen last year in Oakland at the Shred Fest with Nuno, Vai, Zakk and others. Malmsteen blew them all away! He even had a fog machine. Vai put me to sleep and he headlined.

I am so excited.

So what do your RUSH FRUITS think about Yngwie Malmsteen?

I will admit after "Rising Force" it's all hit and miss, but I love this guy.

I can't wait for tonight!!!

DARK STAR!

Signed,

JOHN CARPENTER!

LOL!!

Do you guys get my sense of humor or am I wasting my time.

Do you get me?

Edited by RUSHHEAD666
  • Like 4

Malmsteen sings lead vocals on "World Of Fire."

He is AWESOME!

He has a better voice than Zakk! UGH!

I love YNGWIE!

I can't stand Jeff Scott Soto but my God, he kills it on "RISING FORCE."

One of the greatest albums ever made on the Earth.

"Hemispheres"

"Love Over Gold"

"Rising Force"

It is what it is...

• Like 1

I saw him way back I think on the rising force tour but it could have been marching out, my memory isn't what it used to be. He's actually a really good showman and, while many people praise him for his speed, it's the clarity of his playing that really gets you live. His ability to articulate each note is unrivaled. Those first two albums were really good plus I've always loved Hiroshima mom amour from his alcatrazz days.
  • Like 2

A buddy of mine , who isnt even a metal guy just saw him as he took him s son. Said it was a good show, enjoy man
  • Like 1

I'm an unapologetic Malmsteen fan. Even wore an old Malmsteen shirt to a Kiss tribute show tonight ������

The man is a god among guitar mortals.

I think his best playing was done with Alcatrazz.

I saw him live a few years back. TBH his backing bad was woeful, and his shredding quickly became boring as f*ck.

Still, overall it was a great spectacle to watch.

I also met Mark Boals in Vegas. Great guy and amazing singer.

He really should be singing for Malmsteen IMO.

Interesting you say his back up was woeful. I have read that he is hard to work with , so maybe hard to get establshed cree?

I opened for Yngwie in 1995. I met him in the dressing room. What a egotistical dick he was. When I went to shake hands he extended his has hand in a way as if he wanted me to kiss his ring. I found a way to shake his hand but man was it awkward.

That being said, that has nothing to do with his guitar playing ability. He's quite good.

• Like 4

I opened for Yngwie in 1995. I met him in the dressing room. What a egotistical dick he was. When I went to shake hands he extended his has hand in a way as if he wanted me to kiss his ring. I found a way to shake his hand but man was it awkward.

That being said, that has nothing to do with his guitar playing ability. He's quite good.

Lmao!

Earl, I remember being in high school and getting Guitar Player magazine every month - around that time, they began having a feature called The Spotlight - aspiring guitarists would send tapes and some info in and appear in the column ..

February 1983 was the first I ever saw Yngwie - he was 19 ... He listed Al D, Uli Roth, Holdsworth and Blackmore as influences ... When the Steeler album came out, I went to Alwick Records ( where Eddie Trunk worked ) and bought it, having no idea what to expect .... I was blown away .. Then came No Parole From Rock 'n Roll, and then the first Rising Force album

That Rising Force album is as groundbreaking and influential as any guitar album ever ..

He brought the classical influence into rock unapologetically and did things above and far beyond what Blackmore or Roth had done ...

He's still tops when it comes to shred

yngvespotlight_78706115.jpg

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 3

Lmao!

Hilarious!

Earl, I remember being in high school and getting Guitar Player magazine every month - around that time, they began having a feature called The Spotlight - aspiring guitarists would send tapes and some info in and appear in the column ..

February 1983 was the first I ever saw Yngwie - he was 19 ... He listed Al D, Uli Roth, Holdsworth and Blackmore as influences ... When the Steeler album came out, I went to Alwick Records ( where Eddie Trunk worked ) and bought it, having no idea what to expect .... I was blown away .. Then came No Parole From Rock 'n Roll, and then the first Rising Force album

That Rising Force album is as groundbreaking and influential as any guitar album ever ..

He brought the classical influence into rock unapologetically and did things above and far beyond what Blackmore or Roth had done ...

Absolutely Lucas! That first STEELER album rips! "No Parole For Rock And Roll" is also great! Not a fan of "Disturbing The Peace" with Vai.

Malmsteen Rules! He has a hot wife too!

• Like 3

Earl has been taking dancing lessons everyone. Ballroom dancing! I'm taking his METAL CARD for this! :macallan: :16ton:

LOL!

You can have my METAL Card after I see Malmsteen shred!

Ballroom dancing? No thanks.

I prefer the "Ballroom Blitz."

Signed,

SWEET and KROKUS

• Like 1

I only saw him once, during the Facing the Animal tour. I'd love to see him again, but he's not coming to Toronto this time. Enjoy the show, Earl!

Thanks Rod! You lucky bum! You got to see Cozy play with Yngwie?

• Like 1

Absolutely Lucas! That first STEELER album rips! "No Parole For Rock And Roll" is also great! Not a fan of "Disturbing The Peace" with Vai.

Malmsteen Rules! He has a hot wife too!

I remember the show I saw he had a song in the latest album called Like an Angel which was dedicated to his wife April. He brought her on stage, she was wearing the tightest skirt I´ve seen in my life (and I´m Brazilian!!!) and asked the audience to applaud her ( :facepalm: :scared: :eh: :huh: :| ) before playing that song.

• Like 1

I only saw him once, during the Facing the Animal tour. I'd love to see him again, but he's not coming to Toronto this time. Enjoy the show, Earl!

I dunno who the drummer was, but it wasn´t Cozy. He played on the album, but the touring drummer was a guy named Jonas Ostman. I was working in São Paulo then and saw him there. That show, and a few songs from Rio, were bundled in the album "Double Live!"

Edit: I just googled why Cozy didn´t play with Yngwie that tour - he was meant to, but died just before the tour... :o R.I.P.

Edited by Rod in Toronto

I dunno who the drummer was, but it wasn´t Cozy. He played on the album, but the touring drummer was a guy named Jonas Ostman. I was working in São Paulo then and saw him there. That show, and a few songs from Rio, were bundled in the album "Double Live!"

Edit: I just googled why Cozy didn´t play with Yngwie that tour - he was meant to, but died just before the tour... :o R.I.P.

Thanks Rod! I had to ask the question because my mind was fuzzy about Cozy playing on that tour. I forgot that he passed before the tour. This makes me so sad!

Life isn't fait. RIP!

So on that guitar note I just go back from seeing the greatest guitar player in the world.

I was third row on Yngwie's side! As Johnny Blaze knows I am blessed and cursed.

Malmsteen threw a pick right at me and it hit me right in the head and landed on the ground. It fell at another fan's feet and he snagged it. CLASSIC!

The set list was off the charts. Ships Are Burned, Black Star, I See The Light.....

Even the new shit kicked my ass.

This was my third time seeing him and it was by far the best ever.

He loves to not only throw picks into the crowd but he fukking punts picks into the crowd too! He literally kicks picks into the crowd.

He has more FOG MACHINES than John Carpenter's "The Fog!" HAHAHAHA!

You may think that Malmsteen is annoying and redundant but he belongs up there with all of the greats.

Eddie

Michael

Uli

Meniketti

Vai

Satch

Lifeson

Hoffmann

Blackmore

Iommi

Beck

Buckethead

On and on and on....

The meet and greet was 400 USD, I would never pay for that.

However I did have to give in and snag a silver sharpie signed "RISING FORCE" T SHIRT!

Malmsteen only signs two a night.

Guess how much?

MALMSTEEN IS A TRUE MORTAL METAL MESSIAH!

I LOVE HIM!!

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

I was really into Rising Force when it came out. I liked Marching Out and Trilogy to a lesser degree.

I've seen Yngwie several times - once opening for Iron Maiden on the Somewhere in Time tour, twice solo, and once in G3 (G4?)

I'm considering going to see him next month here.

If you dig Rising Force, another shred album of that era you might like is "Edge of Insanity" by Tony Macalpine. An amazing drum performance as well by none other than STEVE SMITH (getting his double kick workout!)

• Like 1

I was really into Rising Force when it came out. I liked Marching Out and Trilogy to a lesser degree.

I've seen Yngwie several times - once opening for Iron Maiden on the Somewhere in Time tour, twice solo, and once in G3 (G4?)

I'm considering going to see him next month here.

If you dig Rising Force, another shred album of that era you might like is "Edge of Insanity" by Tony Macalpine. An amazing drum performance as well by none other than STEVE SMITH (getting his double kick workout!)

Tony's album kicks ass!!! I still can't believe he hasn't "made it big" like Vai or Satriani...

• Like 1