ABZ's Football (Soccer) Thread!!

ABZ Highlander

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well folk, it's not long now until the season kicks off in England, and is the tension building? Well not here (Gatesheed [sic]) it isn't!

The same four 3 will contest the league - Salford Town (Man U - to the faithless), Chelski and Arsenal. How I used to hate Arsenal, and then they go and appoint a French professor, who builds canny teams.

Truth time - I still don't like Arsenal.

With a bit of luck, under the Messiah that is Keegan, we (the mighty Toon) might play some decent football this season, and have some excitement. Maybe a cup run! Who knows with Special K.

Don't care about the 2nd Division because that's what it is.

The 3rd could be interesting if Leeds and Carlisle get over their disappointment of the play-offs.

Good to see a fellow mag on here

4-1 today, Duff hatrick. Seems to get a hell of a lot of stick from fans when he didnt have a chance to shine last season, due to recovering from injury, and its not like he was the only under performing player. Need some more players in because we're very depleated.

Rafa said they aren't getting villa and even Barry isn't looking certain now that alonso isn't moving to Juve

But yeah, we need some new signings soon, shay came out today and said we need 3-4 more players, and KK has said we need 4 more quality players in the right positions soon.

I think MA is willing to splash the cash if necessary, because we did put out a 16.9mil put for Modric before the euros. But, as I imagine with a lot of players, they won't want to go to a club that has finished bottom half for the last 3 seasons.

Well it just goes to show that football is a very unpredictable game (and good that it is so...). The Mighty Mags go and draw with Salford Town! And there was I expecting a complete hammering, but Keegan comes up trumps today.

Let's hope he can keep it going for the rest of the season.

QUOTE (fritz44 @ Aug 17 2008, 09:44 PM)
Well it just goes to show that football is a very unpredictable game (and good that it is so...). The Mighty Mags go and draw with Salford Town! And there was I expecting a complete hammering, but Keegan comes up trumps today.

Let's hope he can keep it going for the rest of the season.

Bad times, my friend, bad times sad.gif

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ Sep 13 2008, 11:52 PM)
Liverpool 2 - MUFC 1 applaudit.gif

I am so happy right now. 7 years since The Reds beat United in an EPL game at Anfield. It's been a long time coming. My most enjoyable of tasks now is to catch up with all the United fans who have stuck it to me over the past few years.

trink38.gif new_thumbsupsmileyanim.gif applaudit.gif trink39.gif common001.gif

QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 4 2008, 10:57 PM)
Whey.

Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo. If those four are firing on all cylinders this year, hello treble.

Well, it was a treble, of some sorts!!

You clairvoyant you!

QUOTE (Hatchetaxe&saw @ May 28 2009, 12:06 PM)
QUOTE (Mandalorian Hunter @ Sep 4 2008, 10:57 PM)
Whey.

Berbatov, Tevez, Rooney and Ronaldo. If those four are firing on all cylinders this year, hello treble.

Well, it was a treble, of some sorts!!

You clairvoyant you!

laugh.gif

Almost as good as your treble from a few years back.

It wasn't as if Barca played majestically, we played so shite they didn't have to. Iniesta was a god though.

US beat Spain in the Confederations Cup!! Immense performance. I know it's the window dressing before the World Cup next year, but that was a full strength Spanish side, trying to beat the unbeaten run of games record. Tell ya something, if the US take men's soccer seriously, they'll be huge.

Archived