Quest to discover TRF's favourite Lifeson guitar solo - Part 7: Permanent Waves

Brucey

Permanent Waves guitar solos  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which song contains your favourite guitar solo?

• The Spirit of Radio
    • Freewill
    • Jacob's Ladder
    • Entre Nous
    • Different Strings
    • Natural Science

1. Working Man

2. By Tor & the Snow Dog

3. The Necromancer

4. 2112

5. Xanadu

6. La Villa Strangiato

7. ?

And yes I know these threads are coming quickly, but to my surprise, since the debut album none of these have been close battles, so I've not had to wait the 24 hours. Maybe this one will be closer...

This should be a lot closer. Alex is at his best on PeW and MP, solo and rhythm.

So for me...gah...I just listened to this earlier and I cannot decide easily. It's got to be between TSOR, Freewill, and NatSci.

I'm gonna vote for the first solo in Natural Science just because. But ever solo Alex lays down on here is among his best. If I could muster a top ten Alex guitar solos, it'd probably be dominated by PeW and AFTK.

I have no idea why Terry Brown cut the ending of Different Strings so short .. Permanent Waves clocks in at a paltry 35 minutes and 35 seconds long, and they could have easily extended that song and allowed Alex to play ..

Even in brief form, I'm going Different Strings

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

If there's not at least one vote for every solo on this album, I'll be disappointed. They're all so deserving.
  • Like 3

Very close. Freewill and Natural Science were extremely close for me. Natural Science has 2 solos and both are great. I would vote for either of them as my favorite on the album, but for me it is the solo in the Permanent Waves section.
  • Like 1