Vigilante And Revenge Movies

Lucas

Out For Justice : Your Favorite Subgenre  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which Type Of Vigilante / Revenge Movie Works Best For You ?

• The Golden Age Loner - Taxi Driver, Death Wish, The Exterminator, etc
    • The Wild West - The Outlaw Josey Wales, Death Rides A Horse, etc
    • Superhero - Batman, The Punisher, The Crow, etc
    • Out For Justice - Magnum Force, The Star Chamber, Boondock Saints, etc
    • Bad Girls - Ms .45, Sympathy For Lady Vengeance, Coffy, etc
    • All Of 'Em - I love seeing justice served

How much do you enjoy a good vigilante film with some much needed revenge ??

What are some of your favorites ??

C3BLbpgVQAAV1ZI.jpg

http://www.joylesscreatures.com/uploads/2/4/0/6/24065305/9847445_orig.jpg

Edited by Lucas

The Golden Age Loner choices are quality.

Outlaw Josey Wales is probably my favorite movie off that list.

Don't really like those superhero movies except for The Crow. It's good but not great.

The great Magnum Force > the good Star Chamber > the decent but overrated Boondock Saints

Haven't seen those Bad Girls flicks.

The first revenge movie that comes to mind is Memento, Nolan's best film.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Thanks for the last option. I really didn't know where to vote. Love 'em all
  • Like 2

Duck, you prefer the original or the remake ?

I like the first half of the original better but the second half of the remake better. The original one just seems to lose momentum after Cady's phone call "...I got a little plan for your wife and kid they ain't never gonna forget, never..." After that though the film goes into action-only mode with hardly any dialogue and the ending is a bit weak with Cady kind of giving up without much of a fight, with Gregory Peck telling him he's going to jail, after being relentless and implacable.

• Like 1

I like the first half of the original better but the second half of the remake better. The original one just seems to lose momentum after Cady's phone call "...I got a little plan for your wife and kid they ain't never gonna forget, never..." After that though the film goes into action-only mode with hardly any dialogue and the ending is a bit weak with Cady kind of giving up without much of a fight, with Gregory Peck telling him he's going to jail, after being relentless and implacable.

Cady would have to stop/lose the way DeNiro did. Bobby was much creepier.

Cady would have to stop/lose the way DeNiro did. Bobby was much creepier.

The second half is where it really takes off for me. I saw it at the cinema back in the day, late in it's run like early 1992 and there was hardly anyone in the theatre just me and my mates and a couple of other people. I mean I thought Cady was pretty scary early in the film but it's not until he kicks the shit out of those guys that Nick Nolte hired that you realise just what serious shit Nick is in. And like you said he wouldn't stop unless he was killed or he killed them. Which brings me to an interesting point, if Cady had killed them all what would he get up to next? His revenge would be complete but he wouldn't just become a boy scout over night. Maybe just more raping and killing?

I think the king of the revenge movie is Quentin Tarantino.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-z5fOySu7Sc0/UilOD0DHjkI/AAAAAAAAP3E/0eI8pBwcAgM/s1600/Kill+Bill+3.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTt8cCIvGYI

Edited by workingcinderellaman
  • Like 1