Metal fans , list metal bands that suck

djflex

I guess this depends on definition. I see limp bizkit and korn here a lot and I don't like either but I never found them to be metal. Don't see what the problem with A7X or Distrubed is though. The nice thing about metal is its no niche you rarely have it thrust on you like a lot of pop so it's easy to avoid if you don't like a band.

Saw Shinedown support Maiden and they sucked harder than a Dyson.......

Considering a Dyson is supposed to suck and I love Shinedown, I assume they were great ;)

Considering a Dyson is supposed to suck and I love Shinedown, I assume they were great ;)

Err...no, their sound was shit, the songs were shit, the lead guitarist was rubbish, and the crowd banter stunk.....I gave them a chance and checked them out on Youtube, but no....horrible...ugh.

Edited by Fridge
  • Like 1

Err...no, their sound was shit, the songs were shit, the lead guitarist was rubbish, and the crowd banter stunk.....I gave them a chance and checked them out on Youtube, but no....horrible...ugh.

Basically you liked them a lot :)

In the same way I like projectile vomit a lot :-)

YUM!!!

YUM!!!

I recommend the diced carrots......

YUM!!!

I recommend the diced carrots......

You've given me the munchies well bad

Any band that has a vocalist that screams or growls instead of sings, sucks. Some of those Nu-Metal bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc, suck. Bands that seem to care more about how they look than the music the play, suck. Bands that are in it for the shock value like Cannibal Corpse and Anal c***, suck. There are probably more but I'm tired.

While I do favor the clean and melodic singing, some metal bands who growl wouldn't sound right if they sang instead. The impact of the songs would be much less without it.

Also, there are good growlers who know what they're doing. It's all the bad ones out there that gives the style a bad name.

• Like 1

Any band that has a vocalist that screams or growls instead of sings, sucks. Some of those Nu-Metal bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, etc, suck. Bands that seem to care more about how they look than the music the play, suck. Bands that are in it for the shock value like Cannibal Corpse and Anal c***, suck. There are probably more but I'm tired.

While I do favor the clean and melodic singing, some metal bands who growl wouldn't sound right if they sang instead. The impact of the songs would be much less without it.

Also, there are good growlers who know what they're doing. It's all the bad ones out there that gives the style a bad name.

s

Totally agree, there are some bands who dont sound right if they had clean vocals.

Almost every band that is under the subgenre known as "djent". Meshuggah's a tricky one cause while I wouldn't consider them "djent", they influenced practically every band tagged as such and unlike every "djent" band, I actually like them but only from Destroy Erase Improve up until oBzen.
  • Like 1

Almost every band that is under the subgenre known as "djent". Meshuggah's a tricky one cause while I wouldn't consider them "djent", they influenced practically every band tagged as such and unlike every "djent" band, I actually like them but only from Destroy Erase Improve up until oBzen.

You didnt like the last one? I thought that was excellent

Im a big metal fan, but man some do suck

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

Why the hell is ax7 opening for metallica

Inb4 97 posts of anything with cookie monster vocals...

Avenged Sevenfold is freaking awesome.

The Stage is an amazing record.

My god man.

You didnt like the last one? I thought that was excellent

It wasn't bad, I didn't think it was particularly spectacular either. I felt the same way with Koloss also. Unpopular opinion, but I felt they started to became too overproduced, too calculating, and overall less interesting after oBzen. I thought they were a much better band when their production was rough and rawer sounding in the style of Destroy Erase Improve, Chaosphere and the I EP. I thought The Violent Sleep Of Reason was an unmemorable version of Chaosphere. Granted I'll have to listen to those two albums again to see if time away from it and a re-evaluation improves my opinion, but I remember being very underwhelmed by them both. Edited by PolarizeMe

Shinedown is Rock, not metal.

They have guitar heavier than many metal acts...they have guitar solos (albeit bad).....I refuse to consider the modern excuse that masquerades as metal fit for purpose....they are metal as far as I am concerned, though they are extremely poor.

• Like 1

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

My god man.

My issue with Avenged Sevenfold is that they are a horribly unoriginal band. Everything they've ever done sounds like a cheap knock off of something that was successful in metal years ago. Every riff I hear from them always has me thinking "wow, I liked this better this first time around when Metallica did it"

I don't think Shinedown has ever been thought of as metal. Unless metal is getting really mellow these days.

Yes I think of them as just regular old rock music and I agree that they suck. Or at least the quality of their music sucks.

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

My god man.

My issue with Avenged Sevenfold is that they are a horribly unoriginal band. Everything they've ever done sounds like a cheap knock off of something that was successful in metal years ago. Every riff I hear from them always has me thinking "wow, I liked this better this first time around when Metallica did it"

And their lead singers voice is horrifically annoying. They are just terrible.
  • Like 1

Avenged sevenfold sucks

Dragonforce sucks

My god man.

This is honestly the same thing I have with Dream Theater.

Both bands work for me in the right mood.