Black Purple: "Born Again:" 1983! Dedicated To J2112YYZ! Yes! I Am A "Digital Bitch!"

I was listening to some Black Purple today!

"BORN AGAIN" by Black Sabbath featuring Ian on vocals.

This album is another fuckking masterpiece from the 80's!

Yep! I love being stuck in the 70's and 80's.

My apex.

My youth.

I will never change.

It's true what Hatchett said in another thread.

My passion and addiction to ROCK AND ROLL keeps me happy and gives me my peace of mind.

I'm glad that I am a "Child In Time" on this forum! LOL!

I will never grow up.

I will never change!

"TRASHED" is a barnburner of an opening track on this album.

I love this record.

I love my GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS!

LIFE IS GOOD!

HARD ROCK!!!

HEAVY METAL!

GLAM ROCK!!!

COCK ROCK!!

PROG ROCK!!

Whatever!

I just listened to NWA's "Straight Outta Compton" cd.

GREAT MOVIE!!!

"OPEN MIND!"

Love,

STEVEN WILSON

• Like 4

Earl, this is odd ..... I listened to The Eternal Idol today - for the first time .... In truth, I didn't even know the album existed until today

I'll do Born Again tomorrow !!!

• Like 1

Never understood the bad critics about this album: it's Sabbath at their Heaviest Hour and Gillan still at peak.

A Metal masterpiece!

• Like 4

Never understood the bad critics about this album: it's Sabbath at their Heaviest Hour and Gillan still at peak.

A Metal masterpiece!

Geezer!

I love it!

I know there has been a horrific tragedy tonight in Manchester and I am sad, but yet "The Show Must Go On!"

I totally agree!

"Born Again" is a METAL MASTERPIECE!!!

I can only hope that Ducky would agree too.

The album is off the charts!

Cheers amigo!

Oh, and if I ever get my ass out to Italy some year I hope to meet you too!!!!

Earl

I'm serious.

• Like 1

This album is another fuckking masterpiece from the 80's

I farking LOVE the Born Again album.

Crushingly heavy Sabbath combined with Gillan in all of his screaming glory :haz:

When I was a kid I had a purple Born Again t-shirt with the devil baby on the front. :LOL:

Gillan's singing throughout the album is perfection, but that part in the song Born Again, where he goes stratosphere high, is pure magic.

• Like 3

Arguably Gillan's best studio performance. I think what raised a few eyebrows when it came out was the odd pairing of two already well established artists, and the perception that Sabbath had gone off the rails. And the hideous cover didn't help. But Born Again really does not deserve all the criticism it got.
  • Like 2

A Metal masterpiece!

Geezer!

I love it!

I know there has been a horrific tragedy tonight in Manchester and I am sad, but yet "The Show Must Go On!"

I totally agree!

Cheers amigo!

Earl

I'm serious.

Earl, it is grossly insensitive mere hours after this event to cry "the show must go on" when children are being announced as dead, many still missing, and the city still in confusion.

Music is not everything Earl and you are a total prick to think it's ok to brush aside what is still get present and painful.

I've come to find out today some people I know from the company I work for took their families to this concert and it's been very difficult to deal with today.

Last night was a total shock and your insensitive nature is absolutely out of line. Enjoy the music but don't be an asshole.

I saw them on this tour, with Quiet Riot opening. When it was reported that Gillan was taking Dio's place in the band, I was ecstatic. Ioved Purple and Sabbath. And I have tried to love this album over this years. I just don't. Keep away from the Digital Bitch. She's so rich. Good Lord.

Iommi ripped into Gillan for not learning the lyrics to the songs and just breaking into "YAAAAAARGH!" all the time on stage. Tellingly, Ozzy said he thought it was the best thing Sabbath had done in years.

There's some stuff on this album that's pretty solid. Trashed, Disturbing The Priest and Zero The Hero mainly. But as a whole it doesn't do much for me. Great combo of talent on the album but something about it just failed.

Outside of birthday and anniversary threads I don't think I've ever had a thread dedicated to me. So, thanks for the shout out Earl.

This is one of those albums that at first i didnt give a listen to. Cant remeber if it was a year or so after it came out i finally listened. Man that was a mistake waiting, its gold man
  • Like 2

Outside of birthday and anniversary threads I don't think I've ever had a thread dedicated to me. So, thanks for the shout out Earl.

Could look nice framed print out or something, maybe scrap booked?

:)

This is one of those albums that at first i didnt give a listen to. Cant remeber if it was a year or so after it came out i finally listened. Man that was a mistake waiting, its gold man

Sometimes things just look (or sound) better after time. I didn't like this album at first, either.

• Like 1

A Metal masterpiece!

Geezer!

I love it!

I totally agree!

Cheers amigo!

Earl

I'm serious.

Earl, it is grossly insensitive mere hours after this event to cry "the show must go on" when children are being announced as dead, many still missing, and the city still in confusion.

Music is not everything Earl and you are a total prick to think it's ok to brush aside what is still get present and painful.

I've come to find out today some people I know from the company I work for took their families to this concert and it's been very difficult to deal with today.

Last night was a total shock and your insensitive nature is absolutely out of line. Enjoy the music but don't be an asshole.

I was going to ignore your silly and stupid accusation of this post your wrote. Really? Did you read my posts on the Grande Thread? I merely quoted a QUEEN song! Jesus dude. Don't put your anger and sadness against my existence. I am not a prick and I am not an asshole.

Wow, such a hypocrite calling me names on a public forum.

I get slapped on the hand whenever I call someone out for being rude to me, but it's ok for you to do so.

Cool.

Vent your anger on me for what happened. This is ridiculous to think that I would be that kind of guy. As sure as Duck is my friend who lives 15 miles from there I have been nothing but caring and upset at that horrific situation.

I have teenaged daughters.

Whatever.