True Or False: "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" Is The Last Iron Maiden Masterpiece? I Say HELL YES!

The Seventh Studio Succulent! Seventh Son Of A Bombastic Bitch! The Last Great Maiden Record!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" By iron Maiden Is The Last Great Masterpiece Album By This Legendary Band....

• TRUE! EVERY SONG IS PERFECT! A METAL PROG SYNTH MASTERPIECE!
    • FALSE! THIS POP PROG PISS POOR PRODIGY IS POOP! GIVE ME KILLERS!!!!! "WRATHCHILD" BITCH!
    • Earl, you are on crack cocaine, heroin, Grey Goose martinis, beer, and meth. Iron Maiden still writes masterpieces! Book Of Souls is a 10! You Fagg!

They haven't made a masterpiece since Clive left ... good albums, yes, but if we're talking fat and bloated like Bruce said, writing songs 12 minute songs about historical figures got old, fast
  • Like 1

I would rate AMOLAD, BNW, DOD and TBOS equal to or better(in parts) than Powerslave. f**k it, throw in FF too.

Haha!

I love you Hatchet!

YOU ROCK!

UP THE IRONS!

You're the man Earl, I don't like seeing you upset, I hope time & the power of rock n roll will heal your heart.

As the back of my Foghat tee says:

"When I was stone blue, rock and roll sure helped me through."

Love 'n' Rockets,

THE IRISH CONTINGENT

Hatchet! I truly do love you. Like Treeduck and Blaze and many others.

I just mentioned my trip to see Pat in the UK in a few years. Of course this means that we will be hitting Ireland first.

So we shall hopefully meet too!

I am sad, but I am stronger and so much better off being a single rocking lad.

Cheers my friend.

UP THE IRONS!

They haven't made a masterpiece since Clive left ... good albums, yes, but if we're talking fat and bloated like Bruce said, writing songs 12 minute songs about historical figures got old, fast

HAHAHA!

Alexander The Great! Simmer down!

I get what you are saying and I know the truth as well.

"KILLERS" is the apex of Maiden. Although "Piece Of Mind" is damn close.

I'm just saying that Maiden had 7 great records in a row in my maiden mind.

To each their own.

FUCKK ISIS!

• Like 1

Maiden did take a huge dive in quality during the 90s. But they came back strong with Brave New World and have been going strong ever since. They are a classic band still writing modern metal classics today.

Earl, i'm sure it's fun being trapped in the 80s but you should try to get out of it more often :LOL:

You do like Ghost, so that's a start.

HAHAHA!

You totally crack my up my friend!

I DO LIVE FOR THE 80'S!

I just listened to "Born Again" by Black Purple.

So in your honor I am going to make a thread just for you!!!

I do love GHOST!

I love a lot of modern shit.

Remember I posted a thread about the new Harry Styles.

That went over like a fruit fart in church!

Love ya!

I can't even believe this. You saw the "Killers" Tour?

I am sooooo damn jealous.

You blow my mind.

You saw it all!

So is it true then Fridge?

Has Iron Maiden really played the song "Iron Maiden" on every Tour?

UP THE IRONS!!!!!

Yeah, I was really lucky to see them with Paul Dianno....it was in a crappy little venue called the Edinburgh Odeon, a far cry from nowadays...I was about 14/15 then (1981), and was blown away by how good a frontman he was...perfect for what they were doing then, he had a really "punk" kind of vibe about him...in fact they all had a sort of punk attitude on stage rather than metal at the time.

Dunno about the tours I missed, but they've certainly played Iron Maiden every time I've seen them.

Are you serious Fridge? You saw Paul in Maiden?

Time for me to defrost your fiuckking Fridge.

I am so jealous.

Did you see the "Killers" Tour????

A Matter Of Life And Death is the last Masterpiece!!!

I can't argue this.

I remember when this album came out. Most on here where shitting undigested corn out of their Maiden arseholes.

I admit I do enjoy this record. I think I have the Best Buy version with bonus tracks. Japanese too.

Endless.

I am still an Iron Maiden Whore. Don't get me wrong.

I will always buy anything they release.

I will always see them live no matter what.

I am the proud owner of that plastic EDDIE Head from the UK with all of the remasters inside.

Remember kids? "Remember Tomorrow?" LOL!!!!!

The Eddie eyes light up red with batteries.

I'm insane.

I have two of them.

One is mint sealed in it's box.

One is to open and play with.

MAIDEN!!!!!

HAHAHA!

To each their own.

FUCKK ISIS!

Earl, what do you think of Clive Burr ?? .... I like Nicko, but Maiden was never the same after Number Of The Beast

btw

Genghis Khan is incredible :LOL:

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 1

HAHAHA!

To each their own.

FUCKK ISIS!

Earl, what do you think of Clive Burr ?? .... I like Nicko, but Maiden was never the same after Number Of The Beast

btw

Genghis Khan is incredible :LOL:

Haha! I love Clive Burr! His drumming was EPIC! Underrated skin slayer!

I love Nicko too but I prefer his drumming in Pat Travers Band instead!!!

"Number Of The Beast" is a classic yet it's so overplayed for my ears. Burr stole the show on that record. JMO

Nicko is great.

Love,

"Life In London"

• Like 1

Opinion. Not fact.

• Like 1

Opinion. Not fact.

Of course ... what would this forum - or any forum for that matter - be if the only thing posted was fact ??

Seventh Son is the main one I have NOT heard.

When I was into Maiden as a teen, I got off the bus after Live After Death. I don't know why. Hell, I was AT one of those shows!!

But it happens... I liked Wasted Years, but not enough to buy Somewhere in Time. Guess I was into other music at the time.

In fact, I hadn't heard the entirety of Somewhere in Time until a few MONTHS ago! And Seventh Son is next on my list.

Other than the "singles" (Evil, Madness) ... I dig those, but I need to hear the rest.

The only other Maiden album I have heard since '86 is Final Frontier, which I really like.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman

I had never gotten into Iron Maiden until the guitarist in one of the bands I was in gave me a couple of CDs to check out. I really enjoy Seventh Son so I definitely give it a nod.
  • Like 1

Clive Burr was the far better drummer, but Somewhere In Time still remains my favorite Maiden album. Seventh Son comes at a close second, but the last Maiden album I thought was particularly spectacular from start to finish was Brave New World. Everything after it is good, but they all have at least 2-3 tracks I don't care for.
  • Like 1

Seventh Son is the main one I have NOT heard.

When I was into Maiden as a teen, I got off the bus after Live After Death. I don't know why. Hell, I was AT one of those shows!!

But it happens... I liked Wasted Years, but not enough to buy Somewhere in Time. Guess I was into other music at the time.

In fact, I hadn't heard the entirety of Somewhere in Time until a few MONTHS ago! And Seventh Son is next on my list.

Other than the "singles" (Evil, Madness) ... I dig those, but I need to hear the rest.

The only other Maiden album I have heard since '86 is Final Frontier, which I really like.

Slipperman! GET IT!

• Like 1

Clive Burr was the far better drummer, but Somewhere In Time still remains my favorite Maiden album. Seventh Son comes at a close second, but the last Maiden album I thought was particularly spectacular from start to finish was Brave New World. Everything after it is good, but they all have at least 2-3 tracks I don't care for.

Clive was way better​ than Nicko... I've never seen Nicko do justice to Clive's work on the intro of Run to the Hills. That hi hat is classy!!!

Edited by Rod in Toronto
  • Like 4

I like Brave New World And Book Of Souls a lot... killer(s) Shiite.

What I get from this Is that 7th was the last in a carpet bombing run from Maiden on consecutive awesome albums... starting with Killers.

Funny. I've had Somewhere In Time in heavy rotation at work for about a month. Can't get enough of Sea Of Madness and Stranger in Time. Plus, one of the coolest record covers of all time.

What I get from this Is that 7th was the last in a carpet bombing run from Maiden on consecutive awesome albums... starting with Killers.

Funny. I've had Somewhere In Time in heavy rotation at work for about a month. Can't get enough of Sea Of Madness and Stranger in Time. Plus, one of the coolest record covers of all time.

HAHAHA! You know I live for the pun buddy. I love your "killer(s)" pun. I got it. Funnee

I saw the "Somewhere In Time" Tour with the Vinnie Vincent Invasion opening. That show was EPIC! Love that record. Damn, Maiden was BEYOND INCREDIBLE!

I will always buy their albums but for me they just can't capture lightning in a bottle anymore after seven records in a row.

• Like 2