True Or False: "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" Is The Last Iron Maiden Masterpiece? I Say HELL YES!

The Seventh Studio Succulent! Seventh Son Of A Bombastic Bitch! The Last Great Maiden Record!  

26 members have voted

1. 1. "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" By iron Maiden Is The Last Great Masterpiece Album By This Legendary Band....

• TRUE! EVERY SONG IS PERFECT! A METAL PROG SYNTH MASTERPIECE!
    • FALSE! THIS POP PROG PISS POOR PRODIGY IS POOP! GIVE ME KILLERS!!!!! "WRATHCHILD" BITCH!
    • Earl, you are on crack cocaine, heroin, Grey Goose martinis, beer, and meth. Iron Maiden still writes masterpieces! Book Of Souls is a 10! You Fagg!

Here is a random poll. Shit I used to do back in the day to annoy everyone. Now it seems Texas King has taken the Torch Of Rock.

He can have it but some times I still have that itch to annoy the Rush Bitches on this Forum.

I can't wait for Iron Maiden and Ghost on July 5th however for my bloody ears, "Seventh Son Of A Seventh Son" is by far their last masterpiece.

Seven albums in a row of perfection.

I love this Iron Maiden sound. So METAL yet so Synth Prog.

My God, I may sleep with my Seventh Son Eddie Blow Up Doll tonight! UK exclusive. 666.666 USD.

At least my Eddie doll won't talk back to me.

He never gets angry at me.

He never gets sick.

He doesn't want my money or credit cards.

He doesn't need to go out to expensive dinners.

He doesn't want to see every concert with me.

He can stay at home at take care of my pug.

He doesn't need to drive a Mercedes.

He won't steal my IRA.

He doesn't fart in bed or talk in his sleep when I cuddle him like a teddy bear.

He doesn't cheat on me.

He does't text on his iRONmaiden phone while I am with him. LOL!

He doesn't get tired and yell and scream at me to cum to bed.

He fits in my suitcase when I fly to Maui for a vacation, hence he flys for free.

Mahalo muthafuckkas!

Hope I wasted your time.

Love,

"WASTED YEARS"

GET IT?

Sometimes I feel like I am typing to a blank, empty, white forum square.

"Major Tom to ground control........"

If you can't relate to my wit.

Then just keep calling me a piece of shit.

I will withstand the bullying that goes on here.

So shut the fuckk up you haters and wannabe skaters

And pour yourself another ice cold beer.

Brave New World begs to differ

Sorry Union.

You brought up a very bitter tour for me.

First off, you are not alone with that so-called "comeback" record.

I thought it was good but nothing EPIC.

I saw that tour at the Concord Pavilion. Exactly 3 miles from my house.

I hated that tour and that show.

Bruce was a true fuckking "DICK"inson that night.

He would rant on and on (like me) LOL

He said stuff like....

"You fat fuckking Americans want to hear the old shite? Well not tonight!!! We are playing mostly new material!!!! If you don't like it then keep sucking down your fuckking vanilla milkshakes and eating your fukking cheeseburgers!!!"

I will never forget that line as long as I live.

Very insulting and yet I am am a thin in shape dude.

Bruce is a prick, yet I still give him money.

"Brave New World" is a Grave New Bore.

JMO

I like the albums after SSOASS but they're not all that epic and a lot of them have those bloated prog length romps with extended intros and the whole song drags on too long. My favourite post-80's Maiden albums are No Prayer For the Dying and A Matter of Life and Death. Edited by treeduck
  • Like 3

Saw them the other night...to be honest I kind of lost interest after Seventh son, and this was my first time seeing them since 1988.

I would agree that the songs up to and including Seventh Son are better, but some of the songs on the new album are pretty tasty.....never liked Fear of the Dark at all.

In any case they were (as usual) brilliant live.

• Like 2

I like the albums after SSOASS but they're not all that epic and a lot of them have those bloated prog length romps with extended intros and the whole song drags on too long. My favourite post-80's Maiden albums are No Prayer For the Dying and A Matter of Life and Death.

I agree mate

• Like 1

Saw them the other night...to be honest I kind of lost interest after Seventh son, and this was my first time seeing them since 1988.

I would agree that the songs up to and including Seventh Son are better, but some of the songs on the new album are pretty tasty.....never liked Fear of the Dark at all.

You amaze me my friend and I agree.

As much as I hate modern Maiden, I can't wait to see them live on July 5th!

I have seen every Maiden show since 1986.

Never saw the Maiden shite with that hack singer in between. Blaze? I would rather watch a forest fire ablaze.

• Like 2

Something definitely happened to Maiden after 7th...quality of the work dropped but it's not their last great album for me. AMoL&D is a fantastic album. But 7th is special no doubt.

Sincerely,

The Fat Milkshake Man

Hahaha! Glad I came on here before bed. You are hilarious. Thanks for the laugh!

"Seventh Son" is special. So metal yet so melodic and yet so prog.

Nothing beats a "Hotdog And A Shake."

Love,

DAVID LEE ROTH BAND

Never saw the Maiden shite with that hack singer in between. Blaze? I would rather watch a forest fire ablaze.

Ha ha...I agree Earl.

I saw them on every tour from Killers up to and including Seventh Son, so it was interesting to catch up.

• Like 1

I'd rank Brave New World, Dance Of Death, The Final Frontier...all these above Seventh Son. I'm not a big fan of that album compared to others.

Ha ha...I agree Earl.

I saw them on every tour from Killers up to and including Seventh Son, so it was interesting to catch up.

Haha!

Fridge! Don't take this the wrong way but I love you.

I am not on drugs or smashed.

Rock And Roll is my true drug and I hope you can see this.

I can't even believe this. You saw the "Killers" Tour?

I am sooooo damn jealous.

You blow my mind.

You saw it all!

So is it true then Fridge?

Has Iron Maiden really played the song "Iron Maiden" on every Tour?

UP THE IRONS!!!!!

I don't know what I would do without this place. Meeting real humans who know their musical knowledge.

I am sad right now and usually I am a strong, resilient SOB.

I just watched "Moneyball" with Brad Pitt.

I am a huge A's fan as you might know.

I know you are in Scotland, but hear me out Fridge.

I took my wife and little girls to see this movie back in 2002.

It's when my marriage and family were strong.

"Moneyball" is about Economics and how Billy Beane was able to calculate and use numbers to win.

He failed of course and I had to watch my Oakland A's crash and burn.

Well Billy was divorced at the time and had a little girl who was caught in the middle.

She wrote a song and it's in the movie and it made me cry tonight.

At that time back in 2002 I never thought about it.

Now in 2017 I can relate to Billy Beane and his divorce and how his youngest daughter hates him.

I am so sad tonight.

I'm just typing this out on a public forum to just feel better.

I have been divorced now for two years yet it seems my heart is still crushed.

Just when I think I am strong again and back on track into the realm of positivity, a past movie or memory makes me weak again.

I had it made Fridge.

I still have a wonderful life, but I wanted to be married forever with my past wife.

I love to write bold shit on here but we are all only human.

I will never date again.

It's just not worth the risk, the energy, the money, the time, the everything.

I hope anyone who reads this crap who is in a serious relationship holds onto their man or woman.

What's that cliche cool song by Crosby Stills And Nash?

"Love The One Your With"

Damn it. "Moneyball." Kills me. My A's are a failure. My marriage a failure.

Thank God I have my girls.

I am out.

RUSH FOREVER.

I love 7th Son, but I would not call it a masterpiece.

I just "like" it. Same goes for Somewhere In Time. Two classics I just "like".

I agree with Earl that the last flawless Maiden album is 7th Son. A few things can explain how they've changed after that:

1) Adrian leaving. Jannick joined the band because he was already friends with Bruce and had played with Gillan, but he's nowhere near Adrian's league as a composer;

2) Bruce leaving. Blaze was ok with Wolfsbane, but in Maiden he was nothing more than a sick joke;

3) Martin Birch retiring after No Prayer. To this day I dunno what this Kevin Shirley dude gets paid to do in the production of their albums;

4) Harris taking over the songwriting process and quality checking everything the other composers write. This led to the so-called epics being all a copy/paste exercise with looooong intros and choruses being repeated ad aeternum. Basically they are all a rehash of Afraid to Shoot Strangers.

There are some good songs here and there, but after 07th Son the magic was somewhat lost for me.

• Like 3

I can't even believe this. You saw the "Killers" Tour?

I am sooooo damn jealous.

You blow my mind.

You saw it all!

So is it true then Fridge?

Has Iron Maiden really played the song "Iron Maiden" on every Tour?

UP THE IRONS!!!!!

Yeah, I was really lucky to see them with Paul Dianno....it was in a crappy little venue called the Edinburgh Odeon, a far cry from nowadays...I was about 14/15 then (1981), and was blown away by how good a frontman he was...perfect for what they were doing then, he had a really "punk" kind of vibe about him...in fact they all had a sort of punk attitude on stage rather than metal at the time.

Dunno about the tours I missed, but they've certainly played Iron Maiden every time I've seen them.

• Like 5

I would rate AMOLAD, BNW, DOD and TBOS equal to or better(in parts) than Powerslave. f**k it, throw in FF too.

Haha!

I love you Hatchet!

YOU ROCK!

UP THE IRONS!

You're the man Earl, I don't like seeing you upset, I hope time & the power of rock n roll will heal your heart.

As the back of my Foghat tee says:

"When I was stone blue, rock and roll sure helped me through."

Love 'n' Rockets,

THE IRISH CONTINGENT

• Like 2

Maiden did take a huge dive in quality during the 90s. But they came back strong with Brave New World and have been going strong ever since. They are a classic band still writing modern metal classics today.

Earl, i'm sure it's fun being trapped in the 80s but you should try to get out of it more often :LOL:

You do like Ghost, so that's a start.

• Like 6

Maiden did take a huge dive in quality during the 90s. But they came back strong with Brave New World and have been going strong ever since. They are a classic band still writing modern metal classics today.

Earl, i'm sure it's fun being trapped in the 80s but you should try to get out of it more often :LOL:

You do like Ghost, so that's a start.

I think every album since BNW has been amazing, in fact I prefer this era. Book Of Souls took a while to grow on me though.