Tom Hardy Confirmed To Star in New Spider-Man spinoff "Venom"

JohnnyBlaze

Venom movie  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in this movie?

• Totally. Venom's a great character whether he's the villain or anti-hero.
    • Yeah, I'll check it out. I trust Tom Hardy.
    • I don't know much about the character. If Spidey's in it I'll definitely check it out though.
    • It depends on a lot of other things: the director, the storyline, and other cast members.
    • Not really that interested but I'll watch it if the feedback is positive.
    • It'd take a lot for me to see it. This includes: my boyfriend/husband, kids, or friends dragging me to see it.
    • I refuse to see it. Marvel makes too many superhero movies as it is. Usually the MCU releases 2-3 hero flicks a year. I don't even wanna be in this thread. I just came to bitch.
    • (Other)

http://www.unilad.co.uk/film/tom-hardy-confirmed-to-star-in-new-spider-man-spin-off-venom/

Hopefully the Marvel Cinematic Universe will be the one controlling most of this as Sony screwed up Spider-Man 3 and both of the Andrew Garfield Amazing Spidey flicks.

I'm still suffering from PTSD after Topher Grace's try at Venom in Spider-Man 3 too! Shitty!:

http://cdn1.ssninsider.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/venom-topher-grace-e1399053448761.jpg

One thing's for certain, IMHO anyway, a Venom movie needs Spidey.

http://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/4c/09/cc/4c09cc8fccb9e86f13cd77a1527e33c8.jpg

Venom looks sweet as f**k, but there's not much to him as a character. I feel the same way about Carnage.

I'm not big on too many post-1970s Marvel characters, Venom included. They just seem kind of flashy without too much depth. Don't like Carnage either. The only post 70s guys I can think of who I like are Kitty Pryde, Beta Ray Bill (I'm still thinking he might appear in Thor 3 somehow), and Sentry. Gambit, Deadpool, Cable, Bishop...nope don't like 'em.

I think the way to do Venom in an MCU film would be to have Spidey as a supporting character, the hero of course that's tracking down AND being hunted by Venom. I'm wondering though if they'll go with Venom as an anti-hero instead, something I'm not too interested in at all. It's about time Marvel did a villain's perspective film. None of that anti-hero stuff. Punisher, Hulk, and Namor are all the anti-heroes I need.

As far as Tom Hardy goes, I like him but I don't think of him as Eddie Brock the photographer. He's more like Punisher or Wolverine...hell, Jackman needs to be replaced anyway. I'm digressing.

:blaze:

• Like 1

Venom looks sweet as f**k, but there's not much to him as a character. I feel the same way about Carnage.

I'm not big on too many post-1970s Marvel characters, Venom included. They just seem kind of flashy without too much depth. Don't like Carnage either. The only post 70s guys I can think of who I like are Kitty Pryde, Beta Ray Bill (I'm still thinking he might appear in Thor 3 somehow), and Sentry. Gambit, Deadpool, Cable, Bishop...nope don't like 'em.

I think the way to do Venom in an MCU film would be to have Spidey as a supporting character, the hero of course that's tracking down AND being hunted by Venom. I'm wondering though if they'll go with Venom as an anti-hero instead, something I'm not too interested in at all. It's about time Marvel did a villain's perspective film. None of that anti-hero stuff. Punisher, Hulk, and Namor are all the anti-heroes I need.

As far as Tom Hardy goes, I like him but I don't think of him as Eddie Brock the photographer. He's more like Punisher or Wolverine...hell, Jackman needs to be replaced anyway. I'm digressing.

:blaze:

Pretty much agree with all of this other than I do like some later Deadpool. Gambit is a f***ing dork though, I just wanted to say that. Omega Red was pretty cool though.

My idea for the Venom movie is 90 minutes of Venom wrecking shit and then Spidey shows up with an air horn and a lighter. Credits. Don't let me write this movie. :smoke:

• Like 1