Chris Cornell has died aged 52

One of the greatest vocalists in the industry, any genre, any era.

Hearing suicide now and feeling even sadder than ever...

He did have a struggle with depression in his past.

per his represenative "cause in under investigation with the Medical Examiner". To me, that probably excludes obvious suicide at least.

But, quite honestly, f**k the cause...a tragic loss.

• Like 1

Very shocked by this. It's one of those reports you think is fake at first because he's the furthest person from your mind when it comes to a rock stars​ you think may pass away soon.

Along with Alice In Chains, Soundgarden was my favorite band from that era. Was looking forward to a new album from them in the near future. Such a huge loss of an extremely talented songwriter and vocalist.

RIP

Edited by J2112YYZ

Chris' words for Andrew, now for him. One of the most powerful and memorable show openers I have seen, only performed 8 times ever by TotD,

Please, mother of mercy

Take me from this place

and the long winded curses

I keep here in my head

Words never listen

and teachers, oh, they never learn

but I'm warm from the candle

though I feel too cold to burn

He came from an island

and he died from the street

and he hurt so bad like a soul breaking

but he never said nothing to me

So say hello to heaven, heaven, heaven...

New, like a baby

Lost, like a prayer

The sky was your playground

but the cold ground was your bed

I said poor stargazer

She's got no tears in her eyes

but smooth like a whisper

She knows that love heals all wounds with time

Now it seems like too much love is never enough

Yeah, you better seek out another road

'cause this one has ended abrupt

I never wanted to write these words down for you

with the pages of phrases of all the things we'll never do

So I blow out the candle

and I put you to bed

Since you can't say to me now

how the dogs broke your bone

there's just one thing left to be said

Edited by GabesCavesOfIce
  • Like 3

Oh no! I am so sad by this news. :( How can this be true? :( :( Edited by catherine

I've heard that his wife was having a hard time reaching him after the show and had a friend break down his door when he didn't respond, found him hanging or on the floor in the bathroom, one. Have heard both. We'll learn more. Just feel wrecked this morning. Edited by Presto-digitation

How the hell is this possible? I just saw him with Soundgarden a few years ago. He wasn't that old. I don't even wanna go to work today. RIP Chris. :rose:

I'm so dim about the music scene that I only knew his solo work. What a loss! I'll have a lot to catch up on. And here I was worried about my family curse of dying at 74. 52 is way too young.

I wasn't a huge fan of Soundgarden...I did love the song Rusty Cage though....But this news that's coming out about a possible suicide is really getting to me... :(

I saw Soundgarden open up for GNR in November 1991. They were unbelievable.

When I first started dating my wife, an old girlfriend from college called my parents' house and left a message for me (I was living in an apartment in Boston by then). In retrospect I can admit to myself she hurt me very badly, but I almost returned the call. But I didn't. A few years ago, Chris released a great song, Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart. When the song came out, I remember thinking I would have listened to that repeatedly if it had been released when my mother told me about the message. Audioslave's Be Yourself is another song that always touches me when I hear it. His song from Slash's solo album, Promise, seems like it was written by me to my own kids (I know it's not).

I'm really going to miss getting new music from him.

• Like 3

I wasn't that huge of a soundgarden fan, I loved the song Rusty Cage though......

Right now, this news that's coming out about a possible suicide is absolutely breaking my heart :( No one should ever have to feel that pain....No one should ever have to feel like their only option is to end their own life....

• Like 3

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/soundgardens-chris-cornell-dead-at-52-w482882

Police are investigating possible suicide. Apparently looking for more info from the medical examiner this afternoon.

If the ME is that quick with determination, the cause is probably pretty obvious.

The only other realistic cause would be heart attack...especially after a show.

• Like 1

I'm throwing that stupid Ouija board in the garbage. Thank God it wasn't Robin Zander.

http://www.rollingst...d-at-52-w482882

Police are investigating possible suicide. Apparently looking for more info from the medical examiner this afternoon.

If the ME is that quick with determination, the cause is probably pretty obvious.

The only other realistic cause would be heart attack...especially after a show.

If not suicide or overdose, I would suspect some type of undiagnosed heart problem or an aneurysm.

Would hate it to be suicide. But losing friends at young ages like he did with Wood, Cobain and Staley, who knows what kind of weight he may have been carrying​ on the inside all these years.
  • Like 3

Reportedly, his final live performance last night was a cover of Zeppelin's In My Time of Dying. This is playing out like a Hollywood movie...

:(

:rose:

• Like 1