Jump to content


Chris Cornell has died aged 52

Segue Myles

  • Please log in to reply
358 replies to this topic

#341 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 58130 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

View PostMystic Slipperman, on 12 June 2017 - 12:25 PM, said:

View Postgoose, on 12 June 2017 - 11:29 AM, said:

View PostLeanne, on 06 June 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Eddie Vedder Mourns ‘Older Brother’ Chris Cornell’s Death: ‘I Want To Be There For The Family


http://www.alternati...th-want-family/

I had tears in my eyes after reading this.
And then I couldn’t stop the memories. And trying to sleep it was like if the neighbours had the music playing and you couldn’t stop it. But then it was fine because then it got into little memories. It just kept going and going and going. And I realised how lucky I was to have hours worth of…you know if each of these memories was quick and I had hours of them. How fortunate was I?! And I didn’t want to be sad, wanted to be grateful not sad. I’m still thinking about those memories and I will live with those memories in my heart and I will…love him forever.”

^^^ This is exactly how I feel when i lose someone..and after the 24 hours I just had Sat-Sun with two of my best friends.  Grateful for the time together...grateful to have been blessed to share any moment at all with such amazing people.  What a gift to receive...


This is the happy/sad, the beautiful and mysterious miracle of living. It breaks your heart and feeds it at the same time.

The older we get, hopefully the more we appreciate every moment we get to spend with the people who matter to us most.
:yes:

Sponsored Post

#342 Lucas

Lucas

    Leave That Wrench Alone

  • Members
  • 11804 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:NJ

Posted 12 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

This from 2013, and it is worse now:

Prescription drugs are currently responsible for more deaths annually than illegal drugs.  According to ( former ) CDC director Tom Frieden,, “it’s a big problem, and it’s getting worse ..

Out of the 783,936 annual deaths from conventional medicine mistakes, approximately 106,000 of those are the result of prescription drug use [1]. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, two-hundred and ninety people in the United States are killed by prescription drugs every day



The infuriating part of this is that most of these drugs are band-aids .. They do nothing to address the cause, and doctors who prescribe indiscriminately have no desire to look for the cause ..

We have a customer here at our shop - she is an MD, spent time on active duty in the Air Force and is also an assistant professor at Robert Wood Johnson here in NJ ... She recently got her degree in acupuncture and has transitioned to holistic medicine .. She is a brilliant person, and she told me that, among other things, one thing that stuck in her mind when making the decision to give up conventional medicine was actually her experience in medical school ... There was no emphasis on healing, nutrition or finding the root cause .... In fact, she said the thing that was stressed all though school was "Keep the corpse alive"  - quality of life be damned, as long as the beds were filled ..




#343 Mystic Slipperman

Mystic Slipperman

    From Genesis to Armageddon

  • Members
  • 3139 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Los Angeles
  • Interests:Playing and writing music.

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:17 PM

View PostLucas, on 12 June 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:


We have a customer here at our shop - she is an MD, spent time on active duty in the Air Force and is also an assistant professor at Robert Wood Johnson here in NJ ... She recently got her degree in acupuncture and has transitioned to holistic medicine .. She is a brilliant person, and she told me that, among other things, one thing that stuck in her mind when making the decision to give up conventional medicine was actually her experience in medical school ... There was no emphasis on healing, nutrition or finding the root cause .... In fact, she said the thing that was stressed all though school was "Keep the corpse alive"  - quality of life be damned, as long as the beds were filled ..

That is messed up, and completely inhumane, IMO.

#344 condemned2bfree

condemned2bfree

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1772 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:I'm always here.

Posted 12 June 2017 - 02:25 PM

View PostLucas, on 12 June 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

This from 2013, and it is worse now:

Prescription drugs are currently responsible for more deaths annually than illegal drugs.  According to ( former ) CDC director Tom Frieden,, “it’s a big problem, and it’s getting worse ..

Out of the 783,936 annual deaths from conventional medicine mistakes, approximately 106,000 of those are the result of prescription drug use [1]. According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, two-hundred and ninety people in the United States are killed by prescription drugs every day



The infuriating part of this is that most of these drugs are band-aids .. They do nothing to address the cause, and doctors who prescribe indiscriminately have no desire to look for the cause ..

We have a customer here at our shop - she is an MD, spent time on active duty in the Air Force and is also an assistant professor at Robert Wood Johnson here in NJ ... She recently got her degree in acupuncture and has transitioned to holistic medicine .. She is a brilliant person, and she told me that, among other things, one thing that stuck in her mind when making the decision to give up conventional medicine was actually her experience in medical school ... There was no emphasis on healing, nutrition or finding the root cause .... In fact, she said the thing that was stressed all though school was "Keep the corpse alive"  - quality of life be damned, as long as the beds were filled ..

I have a very good Doctor. She said to me very candidly once "Medication is very good at treating the symptoms." Is a healthy individual, a good customer, for Pharma?

Edited by condemned2bfree, 12 June 2017 - 04:39 PM.


#345 LedRush

LedRush

    The Counterparts Remain The Same

  • Members *
  • 25620 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Very small southeast Asian island
  • Interests:Family, guitar, classic video games, Ted Nugent, non-fiction books

Posted 16 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

I've been listening to a lot of Songbook recently:



#346 KW84

KW84

    Wicked bad NAUGHTY Zoot

  • Members
  • 5594 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:St.Louis MO.

Posted 18 June 2017 - 09:49 AM

Posted Image

One month ago today
:rose:

#347 GhostGirl

GhostGirl

    Sweetheart of Dixie

  • Admin
  • 21936 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Alabama...DON'T JUDGE
  • Interests:It was what I was born for —
    to look, to listen,

    to lose myself
    inside this soft world —
    to instruct myself
    over and over

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:02 PM

View PostLedRush, on 16 June 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

I've been listening to a lot of Songbook recently:



That was beautiful.  I'm waiting on my order of "Songbook" to arrive any day now.

#348 willowroolz

willowroolz

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1419 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:London

Posted 05 July 2017 - 05:47 AM

Anneke's tribute to Chris:



#349 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:50 PM

Please don't shoot the messenger (me)!

I know nothing about this website.  I simply saw a headline elsewhere, clicked on it, and it took me to this place where I scanned this article.  I know many of you here loved him.

http://themetalden.com/?p=58334

#350 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's It™ Sig

  • Members
  • 16026 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:55 PM

View PostLorraine, on 14 July 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Please don't shoot the messenger (me)!

I know nothing about this website.  I simply saw a headline elsewhere, clicked on it, and it took me to this place where I scanned this article.  I know many of you here loved him.

http://themetalden.com/?p=58334
Asks some interesting questions but wouldn't the cover up be from Detroit police and coroner office?  They did investigation and autopsy not tmz.  Also, if you really want to control a persons meds that person can't be an employee of the addict.  Conflict of interest: keep my job or give him pills.

#351 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 14 July 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 14 July 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 14 July 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Please don't shoot the messenger (me)!

I know nothing about this website.  I simply saw a headline elsewhere, clicked on it, and it took me to this place where I scanned this article.  I know many of you here loved him.

http://themetalden.com/?p=58334
Asks some interesting questions but wouldn't the cover up be from Detroit police and coroner office?  They did investigation and autopsy not tmz.  Also, if you really want to control a persons meds that person can't be an employee of the addict.  Conflict of interest: keep my job or give him pills.

Don't ask me.  I have no idea.

Just reporting the news.

#352 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 19043 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostLorraine, on 14 July 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 14 July 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 14 July 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Please don't shoot the messenger (me)!

I know nothing about this website.  I simply saw a headline elsewhere, clicked on it, and it took me to this place where I scanned this article.  I know many of you here loved him.

http://themetalden.com/?p=58334
Asks some interesting questions but wouldn't the cover up be from Detroit police and coroner office?  They did investigation and autopsy not tmz.  Also, if you really want to control a persons meds that person can't be an employee of the addict.  Conflict of interest: keep my job or give him pills.

Don't ask me.  I have no idea.

Just reporting the news.
It reeks of typical conspiracy theory logic.

#353 Lorraine

Lorraine

    Dial-Up Diva

  • Members *
  • 42714 posts
  • Gender:Female

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:05 PM

View PostReRushed, on 14 July 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 14 July 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 14 July 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 14 July 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Please don't shoot the messenger (me)!

I know nothing about this website.  I simply saw a headline elsewhere, clicked on it, and it took me to this place where I scanned this article.  I know many of you here loved him.

http://themetalden.com/?p=58334
Asks some interesting questions but wouldn't the cover up be from Detroit police and coroner office?  They did investigation and autopsy not tmz.  Also, if you really want to control a persons meds that person can't be an employee of the addict.  Conflict of interest: keep my job or give him pills.

Don't ask me.  I have no idea.

Just reporting the news.
It reeks of typical conspiracy theory logic.
The Metal Den are a bunch of tin foil hatters?  :laughing guy:

#354 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 5047 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostReRushed, on 14 July 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 14 July 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostAncient Ways, on 14 July 2017 - 02:55 PM, said:

View PostLorraine, on 14 July 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

Please don't shoot the messenger (me)!

I know nothing about this website.  I simply saw a headline elsewhere, clicked on it, and it took me to this place where I scanned this article.  I know many of you here loved him.

http://themetalden.com/?p=58334
Asks some interesting questions but wouldn't the cover up be from Detroit police and coroner office?  They did investigation and autopsy not tmz.  Also, if you really want to control a persons meds that person can't be an employee of the addict.  Conflict of interest: keep my job or give him pills.

Don't ask me.  I have no idea.

Just reporting the news.
It reeks of typical conspiracy theory logic.
Or lack thereof (logic).

#355 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The God Of Balance

  • Members *
  • 5047 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:12 PM

Just one point of contention, if you don't break or at least crack ribs during CPR, you're not doing it right.

#356 HemiBeers

HemiBeers

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4345 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:kalamazoo, mi
  • Interests:playfully annoying on the verge of inappropriate.

Posted 14 July 2017 - 03:23 PM

All the timing issues could be confusion at the scene. It doesn't change the fact that we lost Chris. It doesn't change the fact that 3 kids lost their dad.

There's many accounts that he was having a really poor night at the concert. Things and frustration probably escalated from there. Rehash the book all you want, but it won't change the damn ending.

#357 invisible airwave

invisible airwave

    Natural Science Theater 3000

  • Members
  • 18252 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Upland,CA

Posted 15 July 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostAncient Ways, on 30 May 2017 - 06:33 PM, said:

View PostThe K Man, on 29 May 2017 - 09:08 AM, said:

View Postinvisible airwave, on 27 May 2017 - 10:00 PM, said:

Posted Image

LOL!

However, it is natural for the most widely known song to be covered.  If Thom Yorke died tomorrow, Creep would be by far their most covered song in tributes (even though Radiohead has a ton of songs better). It's just the way it goes.
At least black hole sun is a good song. Creep might be their worst song.

I'll take anything on Pablo over that POS King of Limbs.

#358 Rick N. Backer

Rick N. Backer

    Loves that dirty water

  • Members *
  • 23612 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New England

Posted 23 October 2017 - 08:12 AM

I saw GNR at TD Garden last night. Great fun.  They did a wonderful cover of Black Hole Sun.  Last time I saw them, in 1991,  Soundgarden was their opening act.  

I think they should have played Slash and Chris’ Promise from Slash’s first solo album instead.  I love that song.

We met a kid from Denmark on the train in, who was also going to the show, and we spent a fair amount of time talking about Chris’ greatness.

#359 Boots

Boots

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3215 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:Guitar World
  • Interests:art, design, Stephen King, Anne Rice, Neil Gaiman, Clive Barker

Posted 06 January 2018 - 12:15 PM

I was attacked last week.  It happened 8 blocks away from the university.  I wasn't injured, but I was really shaken up by the whole incident.  Then when I got home, I heard this song playing on an FM station.  It was like Chris Cornell was comforting me from the grave.






Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Segue Myles

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users