Chris Cornell has died aged 52

I am in total shock. This actually has devestated me.
  • Like 4

Unbelievable. I have been listening to Cornell a lot over the last week, and was hoping he came around with Soundgarden or Audioslave or even solo soon. He's in the running for my favorite rock vocalist ever. Certainly the best of the grunge era.

And only a few years older than me. Really sad.

RIP.

• Like 2

I just read about this as well, right before I logged on here this morning. Really shocking. It's a terrible loss.

Soundgarden may not have been my favorite of the grunge bands, but Cornell's voice was always just outstanding...really talented.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/representative-rocker-chris-cornell-died-age-52-073215382.html

According to the article, Soundgarden performed a show in Detroit last night, and he died right after it.

RIP :rose:

• Like 3

He was incredible last fall with Temple of the Dog

Heartbroken, but reminiscing he gave us one chance to enjoy that band live before he died.

• Like 1

I thought this was one of those fake death announcements and was really surprised to learn it was real. So sad.
  • Like 2

The best singer of his genre hands down, and from what was easily my favorite of all of those bands.

Soundgarden very nearly made my 'choose ten bands' list and on another day would have.

From everything I've heard he was a wonderful human being, and my heart goes out to everyone who loved him.

• Like 1

To say I'm very unsettled by this news would be a gross understatement. My sister woke me up to tell me about it a half hour ago. Very shocked and I know all of us who know and love him are. I think what makes this extreme shocking is how it came out of nowhere and right at the end of a show he and Soundgarden JUST performed. :rose: Edited by PolarizeMe
  • Like 1

Holy shit. Taken way too soon. This completely sucks.
  • Like 1

I'm shocked and sad. :( Soundgarden have always been one of my favorite bands, they were scheduled to peform at Rocklahoma at the end of this month.