How many bad songs Rush have in their catalog?

Texas King

How many bad songs Rush have in their catalog?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. How many bad songs Rush have in their catalog?

I only consider two songs "bad" and they're from the same album. "Tom Sawyer" and "Limelight"...I jest! "Dog Years" and "Virtu..suckety" from Test For Song-Writing Skill. Uhh...

Everything else, I've liked or even loved a some point...even "Tai Shan".

Speed Of Love was the first Rush song that I disliked right away and never ever listen to. UGH, that chorus!

Same here. Haven't heard it in at least a few years. I don't like every song on Counterparts but SoL is the only one that I skip.

• Like 1

Wish Them Well is the epitome of a mediocre Rush song. Seriously, they couldve easily left that song for dead and nobody wouldve missed it.

I feel the same way. The lyrics don't help.

Oh god, what a cringe-worthy song.

Not necessarily 'bad' songs, but songs that I fast forward that I don't like - 49
  • Like 1

Wish Them Well is the epitome of a mediocre Rush song. Seriously, they couldve easily left that song for dead and nobody wouldve missed it.

Someone on here pointed out that Wish starts off sounding almost exactly like Green Day's "Enemy" and it's a fair comparison. And sadly, I'd much rather listen to THAT song than the Rush one (oooh.....blasphamy!)

Hey now, speak for yourself. I like Wish Them Well a lot. In fact, I think it is a middle of the pack song on an album I think it definitely one of their two best of the last 30 years.

Someone on here pointed out that Wish starts off sounding almost exactly like Green Day's "Enemy" and it's a fair comparison. And sadly, I'd much rather listen to THAT song than the Rush one (oooh.....blasphamy!)

Very generic comparison. An intro with down beats on the snare with guitar before the song kicks in.

And yeah the Green Day song is better since the almighty WWE used it as the Smackdown theme song!

Edited by bordercollie

There are songs by Rush that I’m probably a bit indifferent towards, but I can’t think of any that I actually dislike, or even any that try my patience. Edited by Northerner

There are songs by Rush that I’m probably a bit indifferent towards, but I can’t think of any that I actually dislike, or even any that try my patience.

Limelight might be the only Rush song that would try my patience, but I'm sure some of that is because I'm sick of hearing it.