Like Star Trek? Think Galaxy Quest is Funny? Coming this Fall

JohnRogers

Wow. That was painful to watch.

Whoa it's no Firefly but few things are. I bet there is 2:30 hrs of comedy gold coming.

• Like 1

Whoa it's no Firefly but few things are. I bet there is 2:30 hrs of comedy gold coming.

I hope you enjoy it. Personally, it's been done and I find nothing funny about Seth MacFarland. Nothing.

• Like 2

I hope you enjoy it. Personally, it's been done and I find nothing funny about Seth MacFarland. Nothing.

Different strokes and all that. I know a guy who says the same thing about Will Ferrell. Whatever.

Edited by Fordgalaxy
  • Like 1

Different strokes and all that. I know a guy who says the same thing about Will Ferrell. Whatever.

I'm one of those guys who says that about Will Ferrell. And Jimmy Fallon.

Seth Macfarlane is often funny to me though.

I'm one of those guys who says that about Will Ferrell. And Jimmy Fallon.

Seth Macfarlane is often funny to me though.

Do I know you? :ph34r:

Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler should both be taken out and shot. This show has potential and I love Victor Garber. Humour is a bit high school but we'll take what we can get. Then again we maybe just saw all the best parts

Family Guy is old and tired, but American Dad is an AWESOME show.

It helps that Seth wasn't the main writer for most of it.

I think this looks terrific. Has a more 'Star Trek' feel than anything that's been called Star Trek in over a decade.

And Seth MacFarlane, for all his flaws, is comedy gold... Yes, he can be pompous, preachy, heavy handed and overbearing- but the man is better at absurdist humor than anyone else out there. You attach Norm MacDonald to the project in any way shape or form, and then season the whole thing with Star Trek overtones, and you've got a recipe for something special... at least for me.

I think I'm more pumped for this than I am for Discovery. The future once again looks like the 90s.

Edited by KenJennings
  • Like 2

I think this looks terrific. Has a more 'Star Trek' feel than anything that's been called Star Trek in over a decade.

And Seth MacFarlane, for all his flaws, is comedy gold... Yes, he can be pompous, preachy, heavy handed and overbearing- but the man is better at absurdist humor than anyone else out there. You attach Norm MacDonald to the project in any way shape or form, and then season the whole thing with Star Trek overtones, and you've got a recipe for something special... at least for me.

I think I'm more pumped for this than I am for Discovery. The future once again looks like the 90s.

Comedy gold? There wasn't one original joke or image in the entire trailer. Everything has been done. Unless they are saving the original stuff for the actual show. I doubt it, Seth MacFarland is more derivative comedy-wise than Green Day is music-wise.

• Like 2

Comedy gold? There wasn't one original joke or image in the entire trailer. Everything has been done. Unless they are saving the original stuff for the actual show. I doubt it, Seth MacFarland is more derivative comedy-wise than Green Day is music-wise.

Everything has been derivative for about 1000 years. Today; everything is about arrangement, timing and execution: qualities I see from Seth MacFarlane in spades.

Everything has been derivative for about 1000 years. Today; everything is about arrangement, timing and execution: qualities I see from Seth MacFarlane in spades.

If he makes you laugh it's fine. He never made me laugh. Not once. I hope you enjoy the show.

One more vote for "can't stand Seth McFarlane" (Family Guy can be funny because it has a team of writers) but I might like this despite his smugly irritating self. Goose mentioned Quark; that was my favorite show as a kid. As usual I'm a bad predictor for what will be popular (licorice ice cream was my favorite ice cream as well; can't even find it now, and I wish they still sold SNAPS)... Quark lasted like all of eight episodes.

Anyway, if you want to watch a pretty funny space show check this out. "ATT Girl" Milana Vayntrub shows she's a pretty funny gal, and Joel Hodgson (with robot pal) plays the burn out ship's engineer.

https://www.yahoo.co...-211801697.html

Edited by Rutlefan

I'll reiterate what hundreds of others have already said on the trailer's comment section:

This looks more like Star Trek than Discovery.

When you think about it, the timing for The Orville couldn't be any better:

CBS brings us-

A series being made mostly for $$$, where executives who don't understand Trek meddle enough to get showrunners to quit

Another prequel which most fans don't want

JJ isms up the wazoo

Klingons now look like .. I don't even know

The ship looks like a rusty flying Dorito

Delays, delays, delays

On a streaming service nobody I know or myself has, to watch this and only this one show

Seth brings us-

A series being made by a guy who genuinely loves Trek and "gets" what makes it good (ex. The Inner Light or The Visitor over the alien of the week)

Looks WAY more appealing to any of us who loved the 90's vibe Trek

Has Trek alumni already in the cast (Kassidy Yates, Bashir's dad are in the trailer)

Has Trek alumni behind the scenes (cameramen and etc)

The ship looks pretty cool

Aliens are a big homage to the Jem H'dar from DS9

Not on some specific streaming service to shit all over Trek fans

Edited by Del_Duio
  • Like 2

Yes, but more original than early Beatles.