Jump to content


Like Star Trek? Think Galaxy Quest is Funny? Coming this Fall

#PubicLice Starbuck is a man!

  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:36 PM

It may not last an entire season but Seth MacFarlane created my favorite new fall show of 2017.


Edited by JohnRogers, 15 May 2017 - 08:36 PM.


Sponsored Post

#2 goose

goose

    Honkin' in Nevada

  • Members *
  • 53762 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Sierra Nevada foothills, East Slope
  • Interests:Comical conies

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:13 PM

Right on!  Hopefully it's as good as Quark was.

#3 Ancient Ways

Ancient Ways

    That's Itâ„¢ Sig

  • Members
  • 15996 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:iEarth
  • Interests:Hanging out with my kids, riding my bike, playing guitar.

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:16 PM

Looks good.

#4 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:24 PM

Wow. That was painful to watch.

#5 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:36 PM

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Wow. That was painful to watch.
Whoa it's no Firefly but few things are. I bet there is 2:30 hrs of comedy gold coming.

#6 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:42 PM

View PostJohnRogers, on 15 May 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Wow. That was painful to watch.
Whoa it's no Firefly but few things are. I bet there is 2:30 hrs of comedy gold coming.
I hope you enjoy it. Personally, it's been done and I find nothing funny about Seth MacFarland. Nothing.

#7 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3761 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 15 May 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Wow. That was painful to watch.
Whoa it's no Firefly but few things are. I bet there is 2:30 hrs of comedy gold coming.
I hope you enjoy it. Personally, it's been done and I find nothing funny about Seth MacFarland. Nothing.

Different strokes and all that. I know a guy who says the same thing about Will Ferrell. Whatever.

Edited by Fordgalaxy, 15 May 2017 - 10:08 PM.


#8 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:54 PM

View PostFordgalaxy, on 15 May 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 15 May 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Wow. That was painful to watch.
Whoa it's no Firefly but few things are. I bet there is 2:30 hrs of comedy gold coming.
I hope you enjoy it. Personally, it's been done and I find nothing funny about Seth MacFarland. Nothing.

Different strokes and all that. I know a guy who says the same thing about Will Ferrell. Whatever.
I'm one of those guys who says that about Will Ferrell. And Jimmy Fallon.

Seth Macfarlane is often funny to me though.

#9 Fordgalaxy

Fordgalaxy

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3761 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:28 AM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 15 May 2017 - 10:54 PM, said:

View PostFordgalaxy, on 15 May 2017 - 10:08 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 15 May 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Wow. That was painful to watch.
Whoa it's no Firefly but few things are. I bet there is 2:30 hrs of comedy gold coming.
I hope you enjoy it. Personally, it's been done and I find nothing funny about Seth MacFarland. Nothing.

Different strokes and all that. I know a guy who says the same thing about Will Ferrell. Whatever.
I'm one of those guys who says that about Will Ferrell. And Jimmy Fallon.

Seth Macfarlane is often funny to me though.

Do I know you? :ph34r:

#10 IwillchooseFreeWill

IwillchooseFreeWill

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 791 posts
  • Gender:Female
  • Location:Canberra, Australia
  • Interests:Music, movies, traveling, textile arts, science fiction, TV, AFL, Burmese cats, nature and the outdoors, friends

Posted 16 May 2017 - 12:32 AM

Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler should both be taken out and shot. This show has potential and I love Victor Garber. Humour is a bit high school but we'll take what we can get. Then again we maybe just saw all the best parts

#11 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 16 May 2017 - 01:29 AM

View PostIwillchooseFreeWill, on 16 May 2017 - 12:32 AM, said:

Will Ferrell and Adam Sandler should both be taken out and shot.

:lol:

I'll tie them up for you.

:lol:

#12 Del_Duio

Del_Duio

    The Professor

  • Members
  • 4378 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Bass, Drums, some guitar but I suck

    --

    Try my new retro action RPG game "Just a Cleric" on Steam! http://store.steampowered.com/app/467330/

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:09 AM

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:42 PM, said:

View PostJohnRogers, on 15 May 2017 - 09:36 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 15 May 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Wow. That was painful to watch.
Whoa it's no Firefly but few things are. I bet there is 2:30 hrs of comedy gold coming.
I hope you enjoy it. Personally, it's been done and I find nothing funny about Seth MacFarland. Nothing.

Family Guy is old and tired, but American Dad is an AWESOME show.
It helps that Seth wasn't the main writer for most of it.

#13 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19660 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 16 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

I think this looks terrific. Has a more 'Star Trek' feel than anything that's been called Star Trek in over a decade.

And Seth MacFarlane, for all his flaws, is comedy gold... Yes, he can be pompous, preachy, heavy handed and overbearing- but the man is better at absurdist humor than anyone else out there. You attach Norm MacDonald to the project in any way shape or form, and then season the whole thing with Star Trek overtones, and you've got a recipe for something special... at least for me.

I think I'm more pumped for this than I am for Discovery. The future once again looks like the 90s.

Edited by KenJennings, 16 May 2017 - 09:02 AM.


#14 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:43 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 16 May 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

I think this looks terrific. Has a more 'Star Trek' feel than anything that's been called Star Trek in over a decade.

And Seth MacFarlane, for all his flaws, is comedy gold... Yes, he can be pompous, preachy, heavy handed and overbearing- but the man is better at absurdist humor than anyone else out there. You attach Norm MacDonald to the project in any way shape or form, and then season the whole thing with Star Trek overtones, and you've got a recipe for something special... at least for me.

I think I'm more pumped for this than I am for Discovery. The future once again looks like the 90s.
Comedy gold? There wasn't one original joke or image in the entire trailer. Everything has been done. Unless they are saving the original stuff for the actual show. I doubt it, Seth MacFarland is more derivative comedy-wise than Green Day is music-wise.

#15 JohnRogers

JohnRogers

    Holy Tai Shan!!!

  • Members *
  • 23473 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Troll beneath the George Washington Bridge
  • Interests:American Muscle/Sports cars, Movies, New York City Subway, Cigar Lounges

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

Stepping on the gelatinous blob crewmen in the hallway was comedy gold!

#16 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19660 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

View PostReRushed, on 16 May 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostKenJennings, on 16 May 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

I think this looks terrific. Has a more 'Star Trek' feel than anything that's been called Star Trek in over a decade.

And Seth MacFarlane, for all his flaws, is comedy gold... Yes, he can be pompous, preachy, heavy handed and overbearing- but the man is better at absurdist humor than anyone else out there. You attach Norm MacDonald to the project in any way shape or form, and then season the whole thing with Star Trek overtones, and you've got a recipe for something special... at least for me.

I think I'm more pumped for this than I am for Discovery. The future once again looks like the 90s.
Comedy gold? There wasn't one original joke or image in the entire trailer. Everything has been done. Unless they are saving the original stuff for the actual show. I doubt it, Seth MacFarland is more derivative comedy-wise than Green Day is music-wise.

Everything has been derivative for about 1000 years. Today; everything is about arrangement, timing and execution: qualities I see from Seth MacFarlane in spades.

#17 KenJennings

KenJennings

    Mr. Establishment

  • Members *
  • 19660 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Minnesota

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:06 PM

"Does it work on all fruit-"
"What about salads?"

:lol:

#18 ReRushed

ReRushed

    My Yellow Submarine is docked at Red Sector A

  • Members
  • 18675 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:New York, NY

Posted 16 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

View PostKenJennings, on 16 May 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

View PostReRushed, on 16 May 2017 - 04:43 PM, said:

View PostKenJennings, on 16 May 2017 - 07:59 AM, said:

I think this looks terrific. Has a more 'Star Trek' feel than anything that's been called Star Trek in over a decade.

And Seth MacFarlane, for all his flaws, is comedy gold... Yes, he can be pompous, preachy, heavy handed and overbearing- but the man is better at absurdist humor than anyone else out there. You attach Norm MacDonald to the project in any way shape or form, and then season the whole thing with Star Trek overtones, and you've got a recipe for something special... at least for me.

I think I'm more pumped for this than I am for Discovery. The future once again looks like the 90s.
Comedy gold? There wasn't one original joke or image in the entire trailer. Everything has been done. Unless they are saving the original stuff for the actual show. I doubt it, Seth MacFarland is more derivative comedy-wise than Green Day is music-wise.

Everything has been derivative for about 1000 years. Today; everything is about arrangement, timing and execution: qualities I see from Seth MacFarlane in spades.
If he makes you laugh it's fine. He never made me laugh. Not once. I hope you enjoy the show.

#19 Rutlefan

Rutlefan

    Rushaholic

  • Members
  • 1933 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Maryland
  • Interests:Things that roll and fly, esp. Alfa Romeo (God I love Alfas; it's an illness); Tolkien, classic sci-fi, history and such

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:07 AM

One more vote for "can't stand Seth McFarlane" (Family Guy can be funny because it has a team of writers) but I might like this despite his smugly irritating self. Goose mentioned Quark; that was my favorite show as a kid. As usual I'm a bad predictor for what will be popular (licorice ice cream was my favorite ice cream as well; can't even find it now, and I wish they still sold SNAPS)... Quark lasted like all of eight episodes.

Anyway, if you want to watch a pretty funny space show check this out. "ATT Girl" Milana Vayntrub shows she's a pretty funny gal, and Joel Hodgson (with robot pal) plays the burn out ship's engineer.

https://www.yahoo.co...-211801697.html

Edited by Rutlefan, 19 May 2017 - 09:10 AM.


#20 JARG

JARG

    Pinky Moe

  • Members *
  • 18929 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Just east of Lyra, northwest of Pegasus...
  • Interests:Cycling, guitar playing

Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

View Postgoose, on 15 May 2017 - 09:13 PM, said:

Right on!  Hopefully it's as good as Quark was.
Quark was very good.





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: #PubicLice, Starbuck is a man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users