Jump to content


Clockwork Angels tracks?


  • Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

Poll: Clockwork Angels tracks? (78 member(s) have cast votes)

Top 3 tracks from CA?

  1. Caravan (29 votes [12.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  2. BU2B (16 votes [6.90%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.90%

  3. Clockwork Angels (37 votes [15.95%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 15.95%

  4. The Anarchist (29 votes [12.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.50%

  5. Carnies (6 votes [2.59%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.59%

  6. Halo Effect (6 votes [2.59%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.59%

  7. Seven Cities of Gold (10 votes [4.31%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.31%

  8. The Wreckers (14 votes [6.03%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.03%

  9. Headlong Flight (46 votes [19.83%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 19.83%

  10. BU2B2 (1 votes [0.43%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 0.43%

  11. Wish Them Well (4 votes [1.72%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.72%

  12. The Garden (34 votes [14.66%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 14.66%

Filler track(s) on CA?

  1. Caravan (3 votes [1.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.50%

  2. BU2B (11 votes [5.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 5.50%

  3. Clockwork Angels (5 votes [2.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.50%

  4. The Anarchist (5 votes [2.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.50%

  5. Carnies (20 votes [10.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 10.00%

  6. Halo Effect (24 votes [12.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.00%

  7. Seven Cities of Gold (19 votes [9.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.50%

  8. The Wreckers (12 votes [6.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 6.00%

  9. Headlong Flight (3 votes [1.50%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 1.50%

  10. BU2B2 (60 votes [30.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 30.00%

  11. Wish Them Well (34 votes [17.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 17.00%

  12. The Garden (4 votes [2.00%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 Nate2112

Nate2112

    The Lil' Eskimo

  • Members *
  • 3016 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Quebec
  • Interests:Writing, Worldbuilding, Mapmaking, Programming, Composing Music

Posted 11 September 2017 - 06:42 PM

1. Caravan
2. Clockwork Angels
3. Carnies

Everything else is meh. Headlong Flight + Seven Cities of Gold are alright, The Garden is awful and a horrible way to end a career. Highly overrated

Sponsored Post

#62 ytserush

ytserush

    The Professor

  • Members *
  • 3885 posts
  • Gender:Not Telling
  • Location:United States

Posted 15 September 2017 - 04:19 PM

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 11 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

View Postbootruss, on 11 September 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

"Rupert Hine gets a lot of flack for his trebely tinny poppy sounding records with Rush and that's certainly a fair point but he WAS good at coaxing good melodies and song flow from the boys. I can't think of a single song on Presto or RTB where it sounded like a disjointed frankenstein of song parts scotch taped together with shoehorned lyrics."

Both his albums are recorded very flat, but his mixes are excellent. Everything is clear and seperate, bass light yes, but strong enough as a producer to stamp his sound on the records. The guitars occupy to much of the soundscape, sounding so huge that it's hard to get anything over it, combine it with Geddy's bass and busy drums you get the mess that you hear on some records!

Who said that quoted paragraph?

Yeah, where is that from?

#63 jnoble

jnoble

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:10 AM

View Postytserush, on 15 September 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 11 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

View Postbootruss, on 11 September 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

"Rupert Hine gets a lot of flack for his trebely tinny poppy sounding records with Rush and that's certainly a fair point but he WAS good at coaxing good melodies and song flow from the boys. I can't think of a single song on Presto or RTB where it sounded like a disjointed frankenstein of song parts scotch taped together with shoehorned lyrics."

Both his albums are recorded very flat, but his mixes are excellent. Everything is clear and seperate, bass light yes, but strong enough as a producer to stamp his sound on the records. The guitars occupy to much of the soundscape, sounding so huge that it's hard to get anything over it, combine it with Geddy's bass and busy drums you get the mess that you hear on some records!

Who said that quoted paragraph?

Yeah, where is that from?

*I* said it not too long ago. How dare one of my thoughtful gems get quoted about without due credit!  :D

And yes, I will always be a fan of the Hine records over the two Nick R records because (as I pointed out) they're listenable, not a thick stew of layers and layers of distorted guitars and basses and vocals

Edited by jnoble, 17 September 2017 - 12:12 AM.


#64 jnoble

jnoble

    Superconductor

  • Members
  • 1076 posts

Posted 17 September 2017 - 12:14 AM

View PostNate2112, on 11 September 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

1. Caravan
2. Clockwork Angels
3. Carnies

Everything else is meh. Headlong Flight + Seven Cities of Gold are alright, The Garden is awful and a horrible way to end a career. Highly overrated

I'd like The Garden better if someone else had sung it. Ged's voice was just beyond the point of being enjoyable for me, sadly. All I hear is the straining.

#65 JohnnyBlaze

JohnnyBlaze

    The Ghost Rider

  • Members *
  • 30145 posts
  • Gender:Male

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:21 AM

View Postjnoble, on 17 September 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

View PostNate2112, on 11 September 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

1. Caravan
2. Clockwork Angels
3. Carnies

Everything else is meh. Headlong Flight + Seven Cities of Gold are alright, The Garden is awful and a horrible way to end a career. Highly overrated

I'd like The Garden better if someone else had sung it. Ged's voice was just beyond the point of being enjoyable for me, sadly. All I hear is the straining.

You have anyone in particular in mind?

#66 grasbo

grasbo

    Prime Mover

  • Members
  • 784 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:australia
  • Interests:Music,playing guitar,collecting models,recording,football,cricket,op shopping,chilli,garlic,anchovies,wasabi,mustard,oysters,mussells,beer,war gaming,model railroading,positive people,goldfish

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:00 PM

View Postjnoble, on 17 September 2017 - 12:10 AM, said:

View Postytserush, on 15 September 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

View PostJohnnyBlaze, on 11 September 2017 - 06:03 PM, said:

View Postbootruss, on 11 September 2017 - 05:46 PM, said:

"Rupert Hine gets a lot of flack for his trebely tinny poppy sounding records with Rush and that's certainly a fair point but he WAS good at coaxing good melodies and song flow from the boys. I can't think of a single song on Presto or RTB where it sounded like a disjointed frankenstein of song parts scotch taped together with shoehorned lyrics."

Both his albums are recorded very flat, but his mixes are excellent. Everything is clear and seperate, bass light yes, but strong enough as a producer to stamp his sound on the records. The guitars occupy to much of the soundscape, sounding so huge that it's hard to get anything over it, combine it with Geddy's bass and busy drums you get the mess that you hear on some records!

Who said that quoted paragraph?

Yeah, where is that from?

*I* said it not too long ago. How dare one of my thoughtful gems get quoted about without due credit!  :D

And yes, I will always be a fan of the Hine records over the two Nick R records because (as I pointed out) they're listenable, not a thick stew of layers and layers of distorted guitars and basses and vocals
A thick stew,I like that.Sums up the Nick R albums perfectly.And overdone stew it is.

#67 bootruss

bootruss

    Restless Young Rushmantic

  • Members
  • 53 posts
  • Location:Rotherham, England,UK

Posted 17 September 2017 - 03:04 PM

Jnoble earlier in the thread.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users